Pages:
Author

Topic: SierraChart bridge - Realtime Bitcoin charts [v0.5] (MtGox, Intersango, ...) - page 17. (Read 142194 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
I don't know how to fix mtgox websocket - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.623526 - any help is appreciated.

About 503 error - it's something on bitcoincharts. However if you leave sierrachartfeed running for some time, it will download data succesfully - I'm using feed with -w right now.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
I am getting this error as well when running sierrachartfeed:

Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.pyo", line 525, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "pywsc\receiver.pyo", line 41, in run
  File "sierrachartfeed.py", line 90, in ticker_update
KeyError: 'channel'

Also -w fix does not work, gives http 503 error.

Any help, anyone?

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Hi slush. It seems MtGox has changed how their websocket works. I'm no expert, but here is the what was said on #mtgox regarding this.

For now, realtime update is not working because of this change it seems.

Quote from: #mtgox
websocket is officially deprecated now?
shockdiode: yep, replaced by socket.io server
which is more stable
but not using the same protocol
client libs are however in most languages, however
when will that be up?

[18:23:22] when will that be up? <- IT IS
MagicalTux, any doc/wiki/??? on socket.io server?

molecular: http://socket.io got a lot of doc
it's basically the same websocket data, passed through socket.io

MagicalTux, thanks. so you merely switched the transport layer? everything else like before...?
molecular: yep, switched transport layer, which will allow us to make it work in any browser

When you run the bridge, this error shows up now.

Quote from: code
Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "threading.pyo", line 525, in __bootstrap_inner
  File "pywsc\receiver.pyo", line 41, in run
  File "sierrachartfeed.py", line 90, in ticker_update
KeyError: 'channel'
legendary
Oh, damn, I forgot to upload it to new server. Fixed.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
  • 2. Download SierraChart feed for bitcoin markets.

The above link to sierrachartfeed-0.3.exe is giving a 404 error... I've got the actual software, just not the feed for bitcoin markets.
legendary
Hello,

Sierrachart feed is program running on your local machine, I hope that nobody else than you can start it up again for you :-).

Do you mean that data source for your market does not work? Which one? Are you using websocket for MtGox?
Activity: 102
Hello all. It looks like the link to Sierra Chart feed is down. Can somebody post a working link? Thanks.
Activity: 74
I was more thinking of a future feature to the bridge, I dont personally need it yet, though I just worked out it comes in CSV from bitcoincharts anyway  Roll Eyes lol

Is there a reason why the bridge only downloads historical data from bitcoincharts for the last ~30 days?
My mistake again, didn't see the setting in SC
legendary
But those are daily charts (one candle per day) instead of intraday charts which bridge is using now. However if you need daily data for your own need, SierraChart probably can export data to some text format (I'm not on PC with SC so I cannot look at it).

Edit: "This data can be Daily or Intraday data" oh ok, so Sierra can import intraday data from CSV. You need CSV as output from bridge for your custom processing of this data?
Activity: 74
I think that other than intraday charts are using some extra information from datafile which is missing (as this binary format is unknown for me).

Ive found this in their documentation SC TextCSVDataFormat
It says its possible to save Daily data in CSV format following the examples they give and save it to a ".dly" file.
SierraChart can then open this as Historical Chart.
Would it be possible to apply this to your feed?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
when i try to run the sierrachartfeed-0.3.exe it says its not compatible with my windows version, win 7 64 bit. no luck with compatibility modes either. aminotdoingitrite?

edit:

*ahem* i think what might be wrong. i get 404 trying to load the sierrachartfeed-0.3.exe and i accidentally saved the actual link as an executable, heh.
legendary
My "scid" file with historical mtgox quotes god corrupted during recent development. I restored something from my backup, but I have file with feed started from 27/06/2011. Can I kindly ask somebody who have scid file with complete history (or at least with some data before 27/06/2011) to upload it somewhere and post me a link? Thank you!
legendary
BrimStone: You can read between lines, with some patience, following error message: "bitcoincharts.com  ... Down For Maintenance"

So only historical feed from bitcoincharts.com is for some reason down, but mtgox ticker should work...
Activity: 71
Started getting an error today:

Corrupted data for symbol mtgoxUSD, skipping
['\t ']
['\t\t ']
['\t\t
']
['\t\t\t']
['
']
['\t

Down For Maintenance

']
["\t

We're adding new features or fixing bugs. Usually", " this only takes a few minutes so feel free to hit refresh until we're back!

"]
['
']
[' ']
['\t\t
']
['\t\t ']
['\t\t']
['\t ']
[' ']
Connection to mtgox open
mtgoxUSD 2011-10-22 11:55:06 2.975 10.0
mtgoxUSD 2011-10-22 11:55:20 2.975 30.18
mtgoxUSD 2011-10-22 11:55:23 2.975 5.0
legendary
I think that other than intraday charts are using some extra information from datafile which is missing (as this binary format is unknown for me).
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1008
I'm back with another issue, let's see if this is self-caused as well...
When I open up SierraChart and choose mtgoxUSD.scid, as described in the first post of this thread, everything looks good. I can choose all intraday time intervals and see valid data, but when I choose daily, weekly, monthly etc., the data disappears, and only reappears if I go back to an intraday period (by pressing, for example, the 1M button).

Is there a way to zoom out to see all the data at once? I'd really like to get that overview.
legendary
My mistake. I asked because I thought the actual scrolling of the data was taking so long because of the sheer amount of data, but I think it's the downloading of the data that was taking time. Never mind Smiley
legendary
Is there any way to prevent the historical data from being displayed initially in SierraChart feed? It's running right now (through WINE in Linux) scrolling through all the historical data and trading time stamps only advance like 5 hours each second because there's so much historical trading data. I started the program 5 minutes ago and it's at 2011-07-01 right now, still scrolling.

You mean - don't download historical data from bitcoincharts.com and using only mtgox live ticker? Yes, it's parameter -y. Watch ./sierrachartfeed --help for all options...
legendary
Thanks for creating this!

Is there any way to prevent the historical data from being displayed initially in SierraChart feed? It's running right now (through WINE in Linux) scrolling through all the historical data and trading time stamps only advance like 5 hours each second because there's so much historical trading data. I started the program 5 minutes ago and it's at 2011-07-01 right now, still scrolling.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
Pages:
Jump to: