Pages:
Author

Topic: SierraChart bridge - Realtime Bitcoin charts [v0.5] (MtGox, Intersango, ...) - page 16. (Read 142194 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
Hey guys, I am trying to get this set up.  I have sierrachartfeed-0.4 and Sierra Chart installed.  Whenever I try to run sierrachartfeed-0.4 it just instantly closes on me.  I am running under Win7 with administrator privileges.  I have also tried changing the compatibility settings to XP SP3 with no results.

Can you please run sierrachartfeed from terminal window? It will print some error message which can help me track the problem...
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
Any way we can get bitcoinica's spread into sierracharts too?

That would be awesome. Slush?  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000
HODL OR DIE
Any way we can get bitcoinica's spread into sierracharts too?
Activity: 662
Merit: 545
Hey guys, I am trying to get this set up.  I have sierrachartfeed-0.4 and Sierra Chart installed.  Whenever I try to run sierrachartfeed-0.4 it just instantly closes on me.  I am running under Win7 with administrator privileges.  I have also tried changing the compatibility settings to XP SP3 with no results.

What am i missing here?
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
Scattering my bits around the net since 1980
Code:
sierrachartfeed-0.4.exe
Loading data file c:/SierraChart/data/mtgoxUSD.scid
Downloading historical data
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sierrachartfeed.py", line 132, in
  File "sierrachartfeed.py", line 60, in __init__
Exception: Historical download failed: HTTP Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable, use -y to disable history

Undecided
I'm getting a similar error, except for:
Code:
Exception: Historical download failed: year out of range, use -y to disable history

-- Smoov

edit: I only get this with MtGox tracking... TradeHill's historical download goes just fine.
legendary
Yes, streaming of mtgox from bitcoincharts is down because of recent huge trading volume on the mtgox. I believe it will work again soon...
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Is it just me or the feed stopped working? All I get is

Code:
sierrachartfeed-0.4.exe
Opening streaming socket...

EDIT
I guess it might have sthin to do with bitcoincharts not working https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoincharts-not-working-56569
legendary
bitcoincharts.com interface was broken, it's working again (thanks tcatm!)
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Code:
sierrachartfeed-0.4.exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "sierrachartfeed.py", line 132, in
  File "sierrachartfeed.py", line 60, in __init__
Exception: Historical download failed: HTTP Error 503: Service Temporarily Unavailable, use -y to disable history

Undecided
legendary
Litt, thank you a lot! You actually bought me a bottle of wine instead of a glass ;-).

Today my connection to bitcoincharts freezed without raising any exception. I'll need to elaborate and then I'll release fixed version. I'm also learning Qt (for working on electrum client) so I'm considering to do small homework and remake SC bridge into small app with tray icon instead of weird hacker's tool for commandline.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Litt, I put it back to my signature.

P.S. I prefer wine :-).

I sent you a few coins out of my mining income to show my appreciation. I would like to ask others to do the same if you love using sierra chart and appreciate what Slush is doing for the bitcoin community for free.

I personally prefer wine myself, but buying another guy beer just sounds more masculine? haha Smiley Again thanks for doing this Slush.
legendary
Litt, I put it back to my signature.

P.S. I prefer wine :-).
Activity: 350
Version 0.4 released, fixes non-working streaming from MtGox. It is now using socket interface to bitcoincharts instead of MtGox's socket.io.

Download: http://mining.bitcoin.cz/media/download/sierrachartfeed-0.4.exe

Pros - sierrachart now supports live streaming of all bitcoin charts, not just MtGox.
Cons - there's currently implemented only polling between bitcoincharts and mtgox and chart updates are delayed 5 seconds in average. But tcatm is working on socket.io support on his side, so it will gets better soon.

Enjoy! :-)

Thank you Slush for updating this. Can you add your bitcoin add to the front page so I can buy you a beer for your troubles?

I think it used to in your sig, but no longer there.
Activity: 392
Version 0.4 released, fixes non-working streaming from MtGox. It is now using socket interface to bitcoincharts instead of MtGox's socket.io.

Pros - sierrachart now supports live streaming of all bitcoin charts, not just MtGox.
Cons - there's currently implemented only polling between bitcoincharts and mtgox and chart updates are delayed 5 seconds in average. But tcatm is working on socket.io support on his side, so it will gets better soon.

Many thanks, works great. No more http error 503, woo hoo!

SJ
legendary

As tcatm told me it's rate limiting on his side for 1rq/minute. Besides that annoying error message, it is working fine, only up to 60 second delay.

Mtgox websocket isn't working for me for some reason and nobody can give me any advice, so I'll remake code to use bitcoincharts socket interface, which is only few seconds after markets (because it is using polling to markets internally).

So you are building a newer version of sierrachartfeed? If so, many thanks.

SJ
legendary
As tcatm told me it's rate limiting on his side for 1rq/minute. Besides that annoying error message, it is working fine, only up to 60 second delay.

Mtgox websocket isn't working for me for some reason and nobody can give me any advice, so I'll remake code to use bitcoincharts socket interface, which is only few seconds after markets (because it is using polling to markets internally).
I cleared my gox.scid file

This wasn't necessary, you probably only lost some history because bitcoincharts, if I remember well, provide only last 30 days.

So it looks like still getting those intermittent http 503 errors.

Have been using using the browser based charts for now.

Thanks for your help.

SJ
legendary
I cleared my gox.scid file

This wasn't necessary, you probably only lost some history because bitcoincharts, if I remember well, provide only last 30 days.

About 503 error - it's something on bitcoincharts. However if you leave sierrachartfeed running for some time, it will download data succesfully - I'm using feed with -w right now.

Thanks,

I cleared my gox.scid file, and am using the -w option right now, says its downloading historical data. Will wait and see.
Pages:
Jump to: