Pages:
Author

Topic: SierraChart bridge - Realtime Bitcoin charts [v0.5] (MtGox, Intersango, ...) - page 20. (Read 142232 times)

Activity: 437
Merit: 250
Slush, I just found this, awesome work btw... but MtGox's data doesn't update, I have to close the feed and then open it back up again to get it to update, using 0.2, TradeHill works fine
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097
I searched through all the Global Settings to see if something was set to download something but I can see anything. I reinstalled the program and it is still giving me that message.    Undecided

Well, sierrachartfeed isn't using official 'data services' API, bu is 'misusing' Sierra's feature of realtime refresh of changed data file. So there isn't any 'data service' for mtgox and nothing to download from historical servers.

However, if you don't like error messages about trial expiration and disabled historical downloads, you can buy full version for something like 30 USD monthly Smiley.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
The trial of Sierra Chart has run out for me and now this doesn't work any more.   Cry

I can start it up and see the historical data but it doesn't update in real time any more.

I get this error message:
"Downloads are not enabled. Your current service package does not support this function. Select Help >> Purchase to upgrade your package."

This is common mistake. Don't use "Data services" or "Historical data" download. Just start sierrachartfeed.exe and select "Open intraday file" from menu, as is described in my 'howto'.

Yes, that is what I am doing.

I searched through all the Global Settings to see if something was set to download something but I can see anything. I reinstalled the program and it is still giving me that message.    Undecided

Everything else seems to be working alright. It is just annoying to have that "Downloads are not enabled" message pop up all the time, when I'm not actively trying to download anything. But this is no doubt a Sierra Chart thing and not something with your bridge so I don't expect you to try and figure it out for me. No big deal anyway.

Thanks
Activity: 392
yes you can run two  - sierrachartfeed-0.2.exe -w mtgoxUSD

HI Dood,

Just verifying, do I need to run two seperate executables of the Sierra chart feed, and with their respective command options for each exchange?

Many thanks!!

Stew

Yes, two separate - just go to New/Open Intraday chart and pick mtgoxUSD.scid and you will have two charts in the Sierra Charts window.

Cheers!

Many Thanks Dood!
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

HI Dood,

Just verifying, do I need to run two seperate executables of the Sierra chart feed, and with their respective command options for each exchange?

Many thanks!!

Stew

Yes, two separate - just go to New/Open Intraday chart and pick mtgoxUSD.scid and you will have two charts in the Sierra Charts window.

Cheers!

HI Dood,

Many thanks!!

Stew
Activity: 42
Can you run the Gox and Tradehill feed at the same time on Sierra Charts?

I have been using Tradehill feed for a while with Sierra, and have the Sierra Chart Feed tool configured this way:
sierrachartfeed-0.2.exe -s thUSD

Or can I only use one exchange at a time with Sierra?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Stew

legendary
The trial of Sierra Chart has run out for me and now this doesn't work any more.   Cry

I can start it up and see the historical data but it doesn't update in real time any more.

"Downloads are not enabled. Your current service package does not support this function. Select Help >> Purchase to upgrade your package."

This is common mistake. Don't use "Data services" or "Historical data" download. Just start sierrachartfeed.exe and select "Open intraday file" from menu, as is described in my 'howto'.
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
The trial of Sierra Chart has run out for me and now this doesn't work any more.   Cry

Is it because of having to use the -w switch now? Is there something I am doing wrong?
Are there any free alternative to Sierra Chart?

Thanks

/edit   erm...  maybe it is working. There just seems to be a long lag... even though I have it set to 1 min.  I notice there is Not Connected on a red background in the upper right of the client where before it said Connected on a green background when I was in the trial period. Does that effect anything? Is this working as it should for everybody else?
legendary
Yes, mtgox websocket interface is still down, so you have to use -w parameter. Delay is definitely under 30 seconds, it is probably between 5-10 seconds (polling lags between SC-bitcoincharts-mtgox).

Bitcoincharts isn't using mtgox's websocket but older polling interface, so it works most of the time.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
i'm in Win 7.  can someone tell me the command line i need to run ?

Open up command prompt or type cmd in your search bar.

Find where your sierrachartfeed is.

Then type in command prompt:

cd (mine is cd c:\sierrachart)
sierrachartfeed-0.2.exe -w
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
never mind. i got it.  thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
i'm in Win 7.  can someone tell me the command line i need to run ?
Activity: 140
Phew. That -w switch allows probably the best ticker available with websockets down.

(For those who were confused as I was, you run sierrachartfeed-XX.exe with -w, not Sierra Chart itself).
Activity: 32
it works for now but it would be nice if someone could repair it
Activity: 11
yeah nice, works like charm and the lag does not seem too bad. under 30 secs if i'm right.
Activity: 52
Yeah, just use the -w flag when running it, it will pull the data from bitcoincharts instead
This seems to have it fixed now, thanks.
Activity: 52
So I've been using Sierra Charts for TH and now mtgox but it seems like the Mtgox chart is not updating for me? If I reload it I get any new trades showing up but if left alone it won't progress with the market.

Am I doing something wrong?
Activity: 154
thanks, thats is working at least though on a slight delay.
Pages:
Jump to: