Pages:
Author

Topic: 🌟 [SIL] 611 (SixEleven) ◥◣ FREE ANONYMOUS DOMAIN NAME SYSTEM ◥◣ 🌟 - page 29. (Read 79802 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Let me know if you have any ideas how we can and should adjust the current situation to have a even-handed situation for both parties: the miners and the users.

You should have made this known from the beginning in the OP. By not doing so, it gives the impression that you were trying to hide this fact. Over 50% is a crazy amount of premine - nobody will adopt this coin now, & I have stopped mining it.

This was one of the rare coins that actually had promise, but by not being transparent from the beginning, you have killed your own coin.

Disappointed  Sad
Activity: 164
Merit: 100

This means that 333,728.2 SIL, or a whopping 54.62% of the total eventual supply, was instamined by the 611 developer.

Congratulations dev on having 54.62% of nothing. Fuck you.
Wow cowboy  Grin
Activity: 442
Merit: 251
Hey guys,

Hey, looking through the block explorer, I noticed something that doesn't sit right with me.

The initial instamined blocks were all worth 611 coins, a thousand times more valuable than the 0.611 block reward currently running. This was then reduced to 61.1 coins per block reward, and then presumably further by multiples of 0.1. This is not disclosed anywhere in the original post. In fact, none of the block structure is disclosed in the original post.

From downloading the wallet upon first seeing the original post, I know about 8000 blocks had been mined before public release. This wouldn't be so excessive if the block reward had been 0.611 coins the whole time-- basically this would have resulted in a premine of about 4888 SIL out of 611,000 total eventual supply, which is reasonable at 0.8%.

However, this is the actual mining reward structure:

Block 1-287: 611 coins per block NOT DISCLOSED IN OP
Block 288-2879: 61.1 coins per block NOT DISCLOSED IN OP
Block 2880: 0.611 coins per block, smoothly decaying

yes, that's a fact. As 611 (SixEleven) is a fork of the original Namecoin the initial mining block values were static numbers (like Namecoin). To avoid a heavy inflation situation as it occurs to Namecoin (and many other altcoins) the mining reward algorithm was adapted mulitple times during the early development phase. These development steps are public open source on Github: https://github.com/fflo/sixeleven/commits/master.611/src/main.cpp

This means that 333,728.2 SIL, or a whopping 54.62% of the total eventual supply, was instamined by the 611 developer.

It appears this fact was deliberately hidden with the late release of a block explorer and the use of the low-information Abe block explorer.

Add to this the notion that the developer has been encouraging other miners to set a price for their mined SIL at approximately $60 USD means the developer is attempting to value his premine at upwards of $20,000,000 USD.

That's the current situation:
The developer is not selling any coins for commercial purpose. There is no commercial intention on this project. It's up to you, the miners, the users, the brokers, etc. what you set up as a sales price for your mined ressources.

This Namecoin fork is an open source project: The intention is to offer a base technical infrastructure allowing everyone to setup name (and id) objects which are accessible worldwide by any Internet connected device.
Together we can design the coin to be like we want it; we can even folk it and start over with another name and mining algorithm. It's all transparent and open source.

The developer for sure is not your rival supporting this project for non profit.

PatrickMacH, if you don't take steps to disclose your premine fully and burn most or all the coins you did not disclose that you mined at a higher block reward, this initiative is no longer worth miners' support.

I'm looking forward to your response.

We know for sure from the block explorer that this coin suffers a heavy premine! Undecided That's a fact mainly in cause to the reducement steps of the mining awards during the early development phase.
We know that out of the available coins of the develoment phase (which are spendable) there are only rare coins available for sale for private or research use only on a price level which does not compete against any miner of this coin.
We also know that 611 (SixEleven) supports merged mining. At the miners perspective you do not loose or risk anything mining this altcoin. You can only benefit from mining 611 (SixEleven) as your mined coins are the basis for new name (or id) objects or object modifications.

From my point of view it's a good thing to know that there should be a certain amount of assets available to compat overtrading which causes serious harm to many other altcoins. Smiley

The idea of this coin is to offer a base for a stable open source domain name system. To reach that aim it's important that name and id ressources are affordable at any time in need even if you have no access to mining ressources. That's the reason why I've suggested to discuss a reasonable price corridor from time to time to make sure that no ressources are dumped for destructive speculation.

Let me know if you have any ideas how we can and should adjust the current situation to have a even-handed situation for both parties: the miners and the users. Cry
Activity: 463

Congratulations dev on having 54.62% of nothing. Fuck you.
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
Hey, looking through the block explorer, I noticed something that doesn't sit right with me.

The initial instamined blocks were all worth 611 coins, a thousand times more valuable than the 0.611 block reward currently running. This was then reduced to 61.1 coins per block reward, and then presumably further by multiples of 0.1. This is not disclosed anywhere in the original post. In fact, none of the block structure is disclosed in the original post.

From downloading the wallet upon first seeing the original post, I know about 8000 blocks had been mined before public release. This wouldn't be so excessive if the block reward had been 0.611 coins the whole time-- basically this would have resulted in a premine of about 4888 SIL out of 611,000 total eventual supply, which is reasonable at 0.8%.

However, this is the actual mining reward structure:

Block 1-287: 611 coins per block NOT DISCLOSED IN OP
Block 288-2879: 61.1 coins per block NOT DISCLOSED IN OP
Block 2880: 0.611 coins per block, smoothly decaying

It appears this fact was deliberately hidden with the late release of a block explorer and the use of the low-information Abe block explorer.

Add to this the notion that the developer has been encouraging other miners to set a price for their mined SIL at approximately $60 USD means the developer is attempting to value his premine at upwards of $20,000,000 USD.

PatrickMacH, if you don't take steps to disclose your premine fully and burn most or all the coins you did not disclose that you mined at a higher block reward, this initiative is no longer worth miners' support.

I'm looking forward to your response.
legendary
@notsofast
No contact info for them besides Twitter. But you would do well to make a 611 Twitter account anyway. Exchanges add coins whose developers are active on Twitter.
Multipool.us is at least aware of 611 now. It's been a very long while since they've revised their mix of mined coins... let's hope their interest is piqued.
Thx. for this update: I'm unable to find any information how to mine 611 with multipool.us; do you have a link?
Oh they haven't enabled it yet. The owner just favourited my tweet about 611's merge-mineability:
https://twitter.com/notsofastcrypto/status/670594165416329216

They have one of the longest-running profit-switching multipools but they only mine well-established coins. Still, it's worth asking them to includ 611.
www.multipool.us

Do you have any contact details? A request to the standard contact form results in no feedback, yet. Undecided
legendary
@notsofast
It would be perfect if pool owners managing Bitcoin based pools can add 611 (SixEleven) to their merged mining setups. Cool
Multipool.us is at least aware of 611 now. It's been a very long while since they've revised their mix of mined coins... let's hope their interest is piqued.
Thx. for this update: I'm unable to find any information how to mine 611 with multipool.us; do you have a link?

Oh they haven't enabled it yet. The owner just favourited my tweet about 611's merge-mineability:

https://twitter.com/notsofastcrypto/status/670594165416329216

They have one of the longest-running profit-switching multipools but they only mine well-established coins. Still, it's worth asking them to includ 611.

www.multipool.us
It would be perfect if pool owners managing Bitcoin based pools can add 611 (SixEleven) to their merged mining setups. Cool
legendary
@notsofast
Difficulty seems to be at an all-time high but there still aren't any mining pools for 611. We need a pool owner to check out this thread.

Difficulty seems to be at an all-time high but there still aren't any mining pools for 611. We need a pool owner to check out this thread.

I'm planning to setup a pool this weekend if no one likes to care on this issue Smiley
legendary
@notsofast
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Dev one question i have new wallet and old wallet.dat where are my coins, how can i get them in new wallet.

You have two options: First step backup the new wallet.dat file and the old one.

Scheme A:
Copy-Address of one available SIL address out of the "Receive Coins" tab out of the new wallet.

After this step within the 611 data directory you may then delete all files
  • Linux/Unix: ~/.611
  • Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\611
  • Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application\ Support/611

Copy the old wallet.dat file into the 611 data directory and restart 611-qt beta2.
After 611-qt has loaded all blocks of the blockchain you should have your old SIL balance available.

Just press "Send Coins", paste the SIL address of your new wallet and transfer your available balance (minus the transaction fee) to your new wallet.

After this step wait a few minutes and then delete all files within the 611 data directory again. Copy the new wallet.dat into the 611 data directory and restart 611-qt beta2. After 611-qt has reloaded all blocks of the blockchain you should have the transfered amount available in your new wallet.  Smiley

Scheme B: If you do not like to pay the transaction fee you can use the debug console to export the private key out of your old wallet.dat and reimport it into your new wallet. Reloading the blockchain should make your balance available in the new wallet, too.  Cool
Just follow these steps: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3530/how-to-import-a-private-key-to-an-encrypted-wallet-on-standard-client

Thanks a lot dev Smiley
It would be nice if the wiki linked to a 611 guide instead of the namecoin one, which is a little basic. Maybe a more detailed guide could be done explaining all the functions & "how to's" in laymans terms (with screen shots) for us newbies to make understanding the coins DNS features would attract more users?
Have you already checked flo's press 4u article with many screenshots for newbies? https://flo.sh/611-sixeleven/
I did indeed, it's very good but it's not on a 611 domain? It describes the basics well, but there are a lot more functions available that the guide doesn't go into. A write-up & description of each tab & it's various functions would be great.  Smiley
Ok, I'll try to care on this.

Meanwhile I've just slightly modified the initial announcement post to be more Newbie and non-technical user friendly.

Feel free to share your comments and hints Roll Eyes
Are there any DNS related functions, tools or features you are missing at the moment which should be implemented into the next beta of 611 (SixEleven)?
It would be nice if the wiki linked to a 611 guide instead of the namecoin one, which is a little basic. Maybe a more detailed guide could be done explaining all the functions & "how to's" in laymans terms (with screen shots) for us newbies to make understanding the coins DNS features would attract more users?
Have you already checked flo's press 4u article with many screenshots for newbies? https://flo.sh/611-sixeleven/

I did indeed, it's very good but it's not on a 611 domain? It describes the basics well, but there are a lot more functions available that the guide doesn't go into. A write-up & description of each tab & it's various functions would be great.  Smiley
Are there any DNS related functions, tools or features you are missing at the moment which should be implemented into the next beta of 611 (SixEleven)?

Dev one question i have new wallet and old wallet.dat where are my coins, how can i get them in new wallet.

You have two options: First step backup the new wallet.dat file and the old one.

Scheme A:
Copy-Address of one available SIL address out of the "Receive Coins" tab out of the new wallet.

After this step within the 611 data directory you may then delete all files
  • Linux/Unix: ~/.611
  • Windows: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\611
  • Mac OS X: ~/Library/Application\ Support/611

Copy the old wallet.dat file into the 611 data directory and restart 611-qt beta2.
After 611-qt has loaded all blocks of the blockchain you should have your old SIL balance available.

Just press "Send Coins", paste the SIL address of your new wallet and transfer your available balance (minus the transaction fee) to your new wallet.

After this step wait a few minutes and then delete all files within the 611 data directory again. Copy the new wallet.dat into the 611 data directory and restart 611-qt beta2. After 611-qt has reloaded all blocks of the blockchain you should have the transfered amount available in your new wallet.  Smiley

Scheme B: If you do not like to pay the transaction fee you can use the debug console to export the private key out of your old wallet.dat and reimport it into your new wallet. Reloading the blockchain should make your balance available in the new wallet, too.  Cool
Just follow these steps: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3530/how-to-import-a-private-key-to-an-encrypted-wallet-on-standard-client
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1001
Pages:
Jump to: