Pages:
Author

Topic: Silk Road Founder Ross Ulbricht Sentenced to Life in Prison - page 6. (Read 50097 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
Why did he deserve life in prison? From what I can remember, he didn't mean for Silk Road to be for illegal things, it just turned out like that, like Bitcoin... kind of.

It was designed for drugs from minute one. That's not to say he deserved such an insane sentence though.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Well I guess its true: Governments can't stop Bitcoin. They can just imprison its users instead.

Sorry for your Ross.

Definitely. They can do what they want. But I think that the silk road has helped everyone that used it, IN A BAD WAY. He deserves this, so i'm kind of glad that this happened.
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
There are so many other people who deserve to be punished more than Ross that get away with hurting millions and millions of people.  All the big bankers that that the US government bailed out are a few examples.  They didn't get punished at all for ruining millions of lives; in fact, the US government rewarded them for their greed and dishonesty.

What you're doing is similar to a non-visual gestalt psychology. You see patterns that aren't there and rationalize actions based on that false perception.

The earth is flat because when I stand on a beach I can see the ocean is flat. When I stand on a mountain top I see the land is flat so the earth is flat.

The individual in society is responsible for his actions. The government is comprised of all voting people in a democracy. In your mind, the government becomes an individual that can be equally judged alongside the individual.

What you should say is, we are all collectively guilty as a society of crimes far worse than the crime Ulbricht committed. Does that knowledge release the individual from the responsibility for his crime? No.

Your argument would be valid and sound, if the government were comprised of all voting people; however, it is not.  The US government is comprised of those representatives funded by the big banking moguls.  Most of the decisions made in the US are not voted on by the "people."  They are passed by those who are placed into congress by super political action committees and lobbiest backed by big money.  And, if you were standing on that "mountain top" and looking out, you'd see that for yourself.

That's the excuse the voting public uses to be lazy. I have many friends that bitch about the government constantly but ask any of them if they voted in the last election and they start giving you excuses why they were too busy. The USA has pathetic voter turn out numbers. 57.7 percent of eligible voters turned out for the 2012 elections. If you don't vote then you get the government you deserve.

I'll change the statement above to suit you. What you should say is, 57.7 percent of society are all collectively guilty of crimes far worse than the crime Ulbricht committed. Does that make him any more or less guilty or invalidate his punishment. No!

I agree.  More people need to honor their civic responsibilities and get out to vote.  But that doesn't change the fact that the laws we are forced to abide by are not subject to individual consensus.  The "people" didn't get to vote on whether or not to bail out the banking industry, congress did!  And when the voters pick up their ballots to vote for their representatives, their choices are candidate A (backed by big banks) or candidate B (backed by big banks) so whose agenda is going to be upheld in congress?  Hitting the streets in protest is where the people get heard....not in congress.  Ross got hung out to dry because he was interfering with the established economic system....pure and simple....while the big banks get paid with tax payer money, in the form of government bailouts, to steal people's homes.

More people need to honor their man/woman responsibilities by paying taxes no longer, lawfully. If enough people did this, government would dry up and blow away.

Smiley
legendary

BADecker doesn't really understand how the legal system works or any American history. I love seeing kooks on the web that refuse to pay taxes because that proves they don't understand the legal system and can't read plain English.

U.S. Constitution, amendment XVI
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

It's ok to question authority because that allows us to reveal bad actors in the system. But when you question and find they are correct you stop questioning and accept the outcome.

Somebody pushed an amendment through for government. So now, we see the real reason that we are fighting all over the world, and why we have garrisons in over a hundred countries. We just said that we can tax everything and everybody. So, now we can do it... because we made an amendment out of it.

Wake up and see the power of the people. The 9th Amendment still stands. We the people have the right to throw off the whole government if we want, based on the 9th Amendment if nothing else.

You want to keep slavery for yourself? Go right ahead and keep it and remain in it. You're call. But only for you.

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1002
Why did he deserve life in prison? From what I can remember, he didn't mean for Silk Road to be for illegal things, it just turned out like that, like Bitcoin... kind of.

Even for manslaughter, you don't get life inprisonment...
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016
There are so many other people who deserve to be punished more than Ross that get away with hurting millions and millions of people.  All the big bankers that that the US government bailed out are a few examples.  They didn't get punished at all for ruining millions of lives; in fact, the US government rewarded them for their greed and dishonesty.

What you're doing is similar to a non-visual gestalt psychology. You see patterns that aren't there and rationalize actions based on that false perception.

The earth is flat because when I stand on a beach I can see the ocean is flat. When I stand on a mountain top I see the land is flat so the earth is flat.

The individual in society is responsible for his actions. The government is comprised of all voting people in a democracy. In your mind, the government becomes an individual that can be equally judged alongside the individual.

What you should say is, we are all collectively guilty as a society of crimes far worse than the crime Ulbricht committed. Does that knowledge release the individual from the responsibility for his crime? No.

Your argument would be valid and sound, if the government were comprised of all voting people; however, it is not.  The US government is comprised of those representatives funded by the big banking moguls.  Most of the decisions made in the US are not voted on by the "people."  They are passed by those who are placed into congress by super political action committees and lobbiest backed by big money.  And, if you were standing on that "mountain top" and looking out, you'd see that for yourself.

That's the excuse the voting public uses to be lazy. I have many friends that bitch about the government constantly but ask any of them if they voted in the last election and they start giving you excuses why they were too busy. The USA has pathetic voter turn out numbers. 57.7 percent of eligible voters turned out for the 2012 elections. If you don't vote then you get the government you deserve.

I'll change the statement above to suit you. What you should say is, 57.7 percent of society are all collectively guilty of crimes far worse than the crime Ulbricht committed. Does that make him any more or less guilty or invalidate his punishment. No!

I agree.  More people need to honor their civic responsibilities and get out to vote.  But that doesn't change the fact that the laws we are forced to abide by are not subject to individual consensus.  The "people" didn't get to vote on whether or not to bail out the banking industry, congress did!  And when the voters pick up their ballots to vote for their representatives, their choices are candidate A (backed by big banks) or candidate B (backed by big banks) so whose agenda is going to be upheld in congress?  Hitting the streets in protest is where the people get heard....not in congress.  Ross got hung out to dry because he was interfering with the established economic system....pure and simple....while the big banks get paid with tax payer money, in the form of government bailouts, to steal people's homes.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

One of the best websites that show you the basic requirements that government has, and the court cases to back it all up, is http://voidjudgments.com/. If Ross doesn't use the rich info found on this site, he loses. If he does use it, government not only loses, but also, government pays Ross for harm and damage done to him by government, including the return of all his property.

Smiley

I really dare you  to try this stuff out in court someday, - best case outcome you get held in contempt before sentencing, worst case a judge angry at your shenanigans hands down a harsher sentence

They could charge you with contempt, but you can just purge yourself of that contempt.
I really dare you to ask your local courts about whether OR NOT they have EVER addressed a living, breathing American. Ask the tax authorities if YOU, a living, breathing American is liable to pay the tax.
You should be experimenting too, if it is a real DARE. Why don't you try some of this yourself? Go and get a declaratory judgment stating that the court's decisions are binding upon living beings and people.
What? You are too lazy to ask questions? Too fearful? Not sure what you'd do with THAT knowledge?
Most people will spend their whole lives defending their ignorance and will neglect to QUESTION AUTHORITY.
Why is that? You are daring BADecker to question authority, but why don't you try it for yourself?

BADecker doesn't really understand how the legal system works or any American history. I love seeing kooks on the web that refuse to pay taxes because that proves they don't understand the legal system and can't read plain English.

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several States, and without regard to any census or enumeration.

It's ok to question authority because that allows us to reveal bad actors in the system. But when you question and find they are correct you stop questioning and accept the outcome.

That amendment did not create any new powers of taxation. You are just repeating the myth, you did not question or research anything. How do you know that the tax apples to people unless you ask?? How do you know that the courts have authority over living people unless you ask? You have to change your level of thinking and start asking questions.
Activity: 759
Merit: 500
In couple of years someone will help him to get out of jail. I bet that he hold thousands of bitcoins in brainwallet se if price hit 5k-10k he will be one of richest guy. no way he will stay in prison
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393
You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

One of the best websites that show you the basic requirements that government has, and the court cases to back it all up, is http://voidjudgments.com/. If Ross doesn't use the rich info found on this site, he loses. If he does use it, government not only loses, but also, government pays Ross for harm and damage done to him by government, including the return of all his property.

Smiley

I really dare you  to try this stuff out in court someday, - best case outcome you get held in contempt before sentencing, worst case a judge angry at your shenanigans hands down a harsher sentence

They could charge you with contempt, but you can just purge yourself of that contempt.
I really dare you to ask your local courts about whether OR NOT they have EVER addressed a living, breathing American. Ask the tax authorities if YOU, a living, breathing American is liable to pay the tax.
You should be experimenting too, if it is a real DARE. Why don't you try some of this yourself? Go and get a declaratory judgment stating that the court's decisions are binding upon living beings and people.
What? You are too lazy to ask questions? Too fearful? Not sure what you'd do with THAT knowledge?
Most people will spend their whole lives defending their ignorance and will neglect to QUESTION AUTHORITY.
Why is that? You are daring BADecker to question authority, but why don't you try it for yourself?

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Smiley

Activity: 466

Smiley

I really dare you  to try this stuff out in court someday, - best case outcome you get held in contempt before sentencing, worst case a judge angry at your shenanigans hands down a harsher sentence
legendary

Vote, shmote. There are way better ways to make a difference than the infinitesimal amount of difference voting might happen to make sometimes... as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twn96nj0jfw&index=10&list=PLHrkQxgz0mg6kUBciD-HIvTXByqjcIZ-D. If this back-woods, farmer, biker type can so confidently do this, any of us can. All we need to do is learn.

Smiley

Stop posting links to your crazy sovereign citizen garbage everywhere, none of it is based in reality

It hurts your itty bitty feelings, does it? It is about time that you wake up to the fact that America is on the edge of going down the tubes because people won't stand up for individual rights against the criminal element in government. To see what I mean, Google "police brutality."

Smiley

I've been hearing that "America is over" shit for about 40 years now, since the gas shortage in the 70's. It seems to be taking about as long as it's taken for Jesus to return to earth. So, I guess we have another couple of thousand years to go.

If science doesn't find a way to extend life, it will probably be over for you within 100 years from the time of your birth, like it has for most people over the last 2,000 years.

Smiley
legendary
Overheard at prison:

Prisoner1: I killed two people. I get out in 23 years.
Prisoner2: I killed my girlfriend's baby. I get out in 7 years.
Prisoner3: I killed several people by selling them bad drugs. I get out in 12 years.
Prisoner4: I killed a van full of people cause I was drunk. I get out in 19 years.
Prisoner5: Hey, new guy. What you'll get?
Ross: Life.
Prisoner6: Dude, what the fuck did you do?
Ross: I was an admin of some website...
Prisoner7: What website was that?
Ross: Only the website that offered the most freedom in the world!
Prisoner8: Wait 'til you're in for a while. You'll be running it a thousand times better and freer.

Smiley

The reason the law interprets those things differently (I'm not defending it) is because those are individual crimes. Crimes against society are certain acts which are committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population or an identifiable part of a population. Ulbricht's crime can be classified as a crime against society and not specific individuals. Hate crime like the ones committed by groups (such as KKK members) are an example of people that get the death penalty or if death is off the table in that state they get life.

Ross's crime is nothing when compared with the crime of certain members of the government who acted criminally against Ross.

Government is allowed by the Constitution to make all and any laws that they want. Yet, by that same Constitution, in the 9th Amendment, none of those laws apply to people unless there is harm or damage done. Why? Because it was the harm or damage issue that was the thing that was around before the Constitution, and the 9th Amendment alludes to this. Government success only hangs on the point that Ross didn't know how to defend himself. And an attorney's first allegiance is to the court, not his client.

There are 4 requirements of the court in order to make a judgement that is not a void judgment from its inception. These are:
1. There must be real harm or damage done to the plaintiff or his property.
2. The plaintiff must get on the stand under oath or affirmation, and speak into the record the evident harm or property damages that were done to him. He must also state the way(s) in which the accused did this harm or damage.
3. There must be at least one witness who states the same things that the plaintiff does, under oath or affirmation, from the stand.
4. There must be clear, irrefutable, untampered-with evidence that corroborates the plaintiff and the witness.

Smiley
legendary

Vote, shmote. There are way better ways to make a difference than the infinitesimal amount of difference voting might happen to make sometimes... as shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twn96nj0jfw&index=10&list=PLHrkQxgz0mg6kUBciD-HIvTXByqjcIZ-D. If this back-woods, farmer, biker type can so confidently do this, any of us can. All we need to do is learn.

Smiley

Stop posting links to your crazy sovereign citizen garbage everywhere, none of it is based in reality

It hurts your itty bitty feelings, does it? It is about time that you wake up to the fact that America is on the edge of going down the tubes because people won't stand up for individual rights against the criminal element in government. To see what I mean, Google "police brutality."

Smiley

I've been hearing that "America is over" shit for about 40 years now, since the gas shortage in the 70's. It seems to be taking about as long as it's taken for Jesus to return to earth. So, I guess we have another couple of thousand years to go.

legendary

Smiley

Smiley
legendary
Overheard at prison:

Prisoner3: I killed several people by selling them bad drugs. I get out in 12 years.
Prisoner4: I killed a van full of people cause I was drunk. I get out in 19 years.
Prisoner8: Wait 'til you're in for a while. You'll be running it a thousand times better and freer.

Smiley

The reason the law interprets those things differently (I'm not defending it) is because those are individual crimes. Crimes against society are certain acts which are committed as part of a widespread or systematic attack directed against any civilian population or an identifiable part of a population. Ulbricht's crime can be classified as a crime against society and not specific individuals. Hate crime like the ones committed by groups (such as KKK members) are an example of people that get the death penalty or if death is off the table in that state they get life.

For a second there I thought bank fraud to the tune of hundreds of billions was considered a crime against society. Thanks for enlightened me.

Leroy Fodor and I are gonna start a GoFundMe page to amass moneys so to purchase Christmas presents for all them bankers wrongfully imprisoned for supposedly causing the 2008 financial crisis. HAHAHA

Apples vs oranges Bruno. It's hard to put blame on a single individual for a worldwide economic recession. lol

It is hard to put the blame on Ross for anything. The little he might have disturbed standard banking criminality, was essentially nil. Yet, that is the exact thing he is being crucified for. They are using the excuse that he was harming people, though they have yet to cough up even one harmed person.

It is time to take the banking/government industry down, and uphold freedom, so that people can use things like the Silkroad openly, and know what they are getting into because of the openness.

Smiley
legendary
Overheard at prison:

Smiley

For a second there I thought bank fraud to the tune of hundreds of billions was considered a crime against society. Thanks for enlightened me.

Leroy Fodor and I are gonna start a GoFundMe page to amass moneys so to purchase Christmas presents for all them bankers wrongfully imprisoned for supposedly causing the 2008 financial crisis. HAHAHA

Apples vs oranges Bruno. It's hard to put blame on a single individual for a worldwide economic recession. lol
Activity: 466

Smiley

vip
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145
Overheard at prison:

Smiley

legendary

Smiley

That's one way to react. Being a militia member is another one but I doubt either one will ever become a majority.

BTW: it's more than just voting. You have to actively participate in your government. Protest march, hand out pamphlets, knock on doors or get on YouTube and see if you can change enough opinions to make a difference. If you can't then you are in category 2 above.

Militia member? Didn't you watch the video? The whole thing was done in a court of law, all legal like.

However, we are all militia members... if we are people, that is.

Exercise all the protesting options as citizens under the thumb of government if you want. Personally, I want to learn how to be one of the people over the government, as the whole process was set up to exist, so that I hold the government to the things that it is meant to do.

Voting isn't going to cut it. Nor is protesting.

Smiley

He looks stoned in the video. lol  Being a militia member, clogging the court system, violent and nonviolent protesting, voting are all just different ways to try and change the government. All of these can work with enough support from like minded people.

That's what's really necessary for change, a majority of people that agree with you and your viewpoint. That's why Christian morality has controlled our government for centuries. They are in the voting majority. If you can make another group the majority then the government will change.

Politicians do vote the way their constituents want them to most of the time because they want to keep their jobs. I have enough money to relocate to just about anywhere in the world I want to but stay because, for the most part, I still like the way this country operates. I don't want drugs to be easily available because kids make a lot of stupid decisions (my kids have) and I don't want them to legally make a decision that ruins their life before it really begins. If that means I can't walk down the street smoking a joint if I want to then I'm ok with that.

Pages:
Jump to: