Pages:
Author

Topic: SkepsiDyne Integrated Node - The Bitcoin Mining Company - page 29. (Read 104236 times)

Activity: 90
Merit: 10
how about an irc channel with a password sent to all investors using a motion or something like that?

that would be a good way to communicate on a daily basis, informal but would be enough for some opinions and get some feedback.
legendary
Activity: 892
Merit: 1002
1 BTC =1 BTC
Will the new rigs be able to produce 1000+ Mhash/sec per piece ?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I have always been afraid of banks.
Another investor bought 51 shares from the IPO, and with the earlier purchase of 134 shares, it gave us enough money to buy 2 rigs today!  That means that a total of 4 rigs will be arriving this week, which will bring our total number of rigs up to 13.  It is very encouraging that we are drawing such large investments.

Once again, I will be reopening the motion concerning our backup pool once voting is fixed, as well as for the proposal to change the share contract.

Thank you once again to all of the investors!
All sounds good Tawsix. I look forward to the first report.

I have decided that it is not prudent nor in the best interest of the investors that the information regarding the components of the mining rigs be released.

Given the purpose of the company, I understand this position and agree with it - there is value in the research that has been performed by Tawsix while "employed" by the company.

However, in lieu, I think it necessary that an estimate for the value of these assets be stated in each report.

Shareholders need and deserve to know the $ value of the hardware assets of the company, which could be liquidated tomorrow, if the worst was to happen (e.g. something akin to what has happened recently with DISHWARA), as per the proposed new contract.

The report will include the amount of money used for expenses and purchases, as well as what went to rigs, what went to infrastructure, etc.

Can/will you include the possible resell value of the assets (as a whole or individually)?  Even an optimistic ballpark coul help shareholders have an idea of how much could be liquidated if it ever came to that.

Absolutely.  I would use 50% depreciation under the assumption of a BTC crash/failure/abandonment, and probably a 20%-40% depreciation if BTC is still strong and we're just wrapping up for other reasons (more or less if miners are still willing to pay a lot of money for used components.)  If anyone has a better figure for depreciation, please say so.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

I have decided that it is not prudent nor in the best interest of the investors that the information regarding the components of the mining rigs be released.

Given the purpose of the company, I understand this position and agree with it - there is value in the research that has been performed by Tawsix while "employed" by the company.

However, in lieu, I think it necessary that an estimate for the value of these assets be stated in each report.

Shareholders need and deserve to know the $ value of the hardware assets of the company, which could be liquidated tomorrow, if the worst was to happen (e.g. something akin to what has happened recently with DISHWARA), as per the proposed new contract.

The report will include the amount of money used for expenses and purchases, as well as what went to rigs, what went to infrastructure, etc.

Can/will you include the possible resell value of the assets (as a whole or individually)?  Even an optimistic ballpark coul help shareholders have an idea of how much could be liquidated if it ever came to that.

I say we buy this mining rig http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=23039.0. Its a better buy then anything you have built so far. Its $$/Hash is better then the information on the 3 rigs you told us the stats of.

You're comparing apples and oranges.  When he bought it new it was $1600 and it puts out 1500 Mhash/sec (.9375 Mhash/sec/dollar).  When I bought ours new at the same time, our first five rigs were .9473 Mhash/sec/dollar.  If you tried to build his computer today he says it would be $1800, or .8333 Mhash/sec/dollar.  Graphics card prices have risen significantly since we started mining, and sourcing them is a lot harder.

But you are right, if it sells for < $1700 it would be a good buy.  I will keep my eye on it, thank you!  If anyone else finds any good buys on GPU's/full rigs, make sure you either put it in this thread, PM or email me.

In other news, someone bought 134 shares a few hours ago, so that will be another rig arriving before the end of the week, which will give us 12!
REF
Activity: 529
Merit: 500
I say we buy this mining rig http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=23039.0. Its a better buy then anything you have built so far. Its $$/Hash is better then the information on the 3 rigs you told us the stats of.
Activity: 343
Merit: 250

At the current dividend payout rates, what is the return per 1 share of SIN?

The last 2 payouts have been around .02 BTC per share.

Tawsix ...
I think it would be beneficial to record dividend payouts on the first post in this thread, updating in the same way you are for the hash rate.
It will be very helpful in encouraging further investment / new investors.

I agree, I've updated the original post with number of payouts and total BTC paid out.

Agreed.

I still want to see a Finance Sheet as per that provided by UBX (but also including dates for each entry)

The Asset List shareholders appear to now be requesting would then by compilable from the Finance Sheet.

For me personally, the Asset List is a significant input to the assessment of the value of the company and hence each share (particularly mining companies) and is a key differentiator between the SIN shares and shares in mining contracts (e.g. CM400).

A link to a Google Docs spreadsheet shared on a "if you have the URL" basis rather than fully public could easily be provided to shareholders via a "mock" motion on GLBSE.

As an investor I would like to add my 2 cents.
I believe that seeing as the equipment is technically mine, I have every right to know what it is I own.

We will be emulating the quarterly reports of  companies (Ford Motor Company, General Electric, Dupont) during weekly dividend payouts to summarize the past weeks income, expenditures, and production.

It be very beneficial too, if you bought a kilowattmeter and calculated how much energy cost. OR at least post your last energy bill before you started buying minin rigs so we could see an approximate increase in cost. From the last 2 payouts you keep some of the bitcoins for energy. You can't randomly take bitcoins out. You should only be taking coins out after your energy bill comes in.

Energy costs are calculated daily.  In order to do what you propose, we would have to switch to monthly dividend payouts and growth.  Currently, I am not "keeping" Bitcoins for energy, I am selling them so that no matter what happens, at the end of the month the electricity bill will be paid, even if BTC crashes to 10 cents.  I would continue doing this even if we switched to monthly payouts.

Update: The first rig purchased is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, so that will bring us up to 10 rigs!  The second rig will be shipping out today and will arrive before the end of the week.  This week I'll also be switching us to BTCguild.com, and whatever backup pool we decide upon.  I don't think motions are fixed yet, I'll be contacting Nefario about that and will get a new motion up as soon as things are working again.
REF
Agreed.

I still want to see a Finance Sheet as per that provided by UBX (but also including dates for each entry)

The Asset List shareholders appear to now be requesting would then by compilable from the Finance Sheet.

For me personally, the Asset List is a significant input to the assessment of the value of the company and hence each share (particularly mining companies) and is a key differentiator between the SIN shares and shares in mining contracts (e.g. CM400).

A link to a Google Docs spreadsheet shared on a "if you have the URL" basis rather than fully public could easily be provided to shareholders via a "mock" motion on GLBSE.

I believe that seeing as the equipment is technically mine, I have every right to know what it is I own.

+1 google docs would be perfect to use
Tawsix ...
I think it would be beneficial to record dividend payouts on the first post in this thread, updating in the same way you are for the hash rate.

That is also good to have for those who are currently invested instead of having to search through the thread. It be very beneficial too, if you bought a kilowattmeter and calculated how much energy cost. OR at least post your last energy bill before you started buying minin rigs so we could see an approximate increase in cost. From the last 2 payouts you keep some of the bitcoins for energy. You can't randomly take bitcoins out. You should only be taking coins out after your energy bill comes in.
Tawsix ...

Agreed.

Activity: 105
Spreading Bitcoin love
Activity: 203
The World’s First Blockchain Core
Activity: 98

Those costs are high estimates, the output is just about right. 

These numbers alone should tell any potential investor that theres some loss in the system. Usual triple 5850 roi + mh/w champions are at over 1gh/s hence there should be easily between 9.4 and 10gh from 9 machines. Its a very bad investment.
Well its good to hear your willing to make a motion. If it the motion is past im just looking for you to send the information to share holders not post it all over the forums. Itd be great if GLBSE has a system where you could directly contact or message shareholders with a mass message. In the mean time could you post the approximate $$/hash for the rigs?

thanks

I can just make another motion containing the information, it would serve the same purpose as a mass messaging option.

Five rigs are ~$950/.90 Ghash/sec
Two rigs are ~$1050/.85 Ghash/sec
Two rigs are ~$1300/.95 Ghash/sec

Those costs are high estimates, the output is just about right.  The $950 and $1300 rigs are underproducing right now until I implement a direct cooling solution to allow for better overclocking.  That's going to be happening towards the end of this week/this next weekend.

When he starts getting hardware failures, and doesn't come clean, things are going to go downhill fast.

Search for "motherboard" in this thread and you'll see a nice little episode on why you're wrong.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
As I said, I would be happy to disclose the price and output of each rig to assuage you fears that I'm spending our money unwisely.  Every miner is competition, shareholder or no.  If I have a good build, do you think the components I'm using will last if everyone is suddenly building the same thing?
ROFL. You think you have some magic sauce on building mining rigs that no one else has figured out?

However, I do agree that if it is important to the shareholders then a motion should be put forth by them.  I would not recommend it, but if the consensus is such that I should disclose the components of our rigs then I would comply.  Once again, I see no benefit to be gained from such action.
Really? You don't think the owners of the company have a right to know what they are buying? Wow. Steer clear of this investment. It's only going to get worse. When he starts getting hardware failures, and doesn't come clean, things are going to go downhill fast.
REF
Well its good to hear your willing to make a motion. If it the motion is past im just looking for you to send the information to share holders not post it all over the forums. Itd be great if GLBSE has a system where you could directly contact or message shareholders with a mass message. In the mean time could you post the approximate $$/hash for the rigs?

thanks
why not send me a PM if you dont EVERYONE knowing? Im a shareholder and it is an important piece of information. For all i know you are over spending buying rigs that cost 2Grand each that only output 1.2Ghash/sec. Maybe you are buying good rigs but I could or another investor could help reduce the cost saving $100-200 a rig. Also why does it matter if others have the same build? Maybe Id like to build the same rig for myself i wouldnt consider that competition.

Since it appears you are going to refuse to give such information away id like to propose a motion asking the shareholders if you should tell us what the equipment you purchase for the rigs.

As I said, I would be happy to disclose the price and output of each rig to assuage you fears that I'm spending our money unwisely.  Every miner is competition, shareholder or no.  If I have a good build, do you think the components I'm using will last if everyone is suddenly building the same thing?

However, I do agree that if it is important to the shareholders then a motion should be put forth by them.  I would not recommend it, but if the consensus is such that I should disclose the components of our rigs then I would comply.  Once again, I see no benefit to be gained from such action.
Pages:
Jump to: