Pages:
Author

Topic: SkepsiDyne Integrated Node - The Bitcoin Mining Company - page 34. (Read 104236 times)

REF
Activity: 529
Merit: 500
8 grand is not that much and wont stick out. The US gov only starts to care and notice over 10k+ which seems like it will happen soon if shares keep being sold the way they are. You could buy the parts under someone elses name to go unnoticed (EX. use a family or friends CC to purchase the parts). When you sell the bitcoins move them directly into there PP or Dwolla or LR at an amount equal to what they purchase for you.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I have always been afraid of banks.
On another note, I find myself in an unfortunate position: using the current language of the shares I've sold, I'll probably end up paying massive fines at best and in federal prison at worst when SkepsiDyne takes off and makes it big.  There is a pretty easy solution to this

I don't understand what the issue is, mind explaining?

Selling shares of a company to the general public without the approval of the SEC is illegal (in the US). However this is only an issue if you don't remain anonymous. i.e. you tell them who you are.

That's all and well, but I have to file taxes, and I will most likely get audited.  They'll be wondering how I pulled 8+ grand out of thin air.
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
On another note, I find myself in an unfortunate position: using the current language of the shares I've sold, I'll probably end up paying massive fines at best and in federal prison at worst when SkepsiDyne takes off and makes it big.  There is a pretty easy solution to this

Selling shares of a company to the general public without the approval of the SEC is illegal (in the US). However this is only an issue if you don't remain anonymous. i.e. you tell them who you are.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

Activity: 343
Merit: 250
100% agree with Nefario on this.

The shareholders own the company - this includes the "computing power" and much much more.

Anyway that we can include shares can represent some interest in the underlying hardware and not just the hashing power?

I would be interested in discussing how exactly this would work.

Simple, each machine is divided by the total number of shares, then each share owns that portion of all machines and therefor the machines output (less costs).

So lets say 5 machines and then 1000 shares, then one share is worth 1/1000th of each machine (for 5*1/1000ths per share).

Because when the original shares were bough they were to fund the company, which was used to purchase the hardware, if it was just for the hashing conract then the price should have been much lower.

Unless you're willing to give a big refund to all current shareholders.

You could also have two classes of contract available on the exchange
One is the ownership of the hardware, and then the second are shares of hashing contracts.
Every time you sell the hashing contracts you just pay the total amount (less costs) to the hardware owner shares.

Nefario.

Anyway that we can include shares can represent some interest in the underlying hardware and not just the hashing power?

Simple, each machine is divided by the total number of shares, then each share owns that portion of all machines and therefor the machines output (less costs).

So lets say 5 machines and then 1000 shares, then one share is worth 1/1000th of each machine (for 5*1/1000ths per share).

Because when the original shares were bough they were to fund the company, which was used to purchase the hardware, if it was just for the hashing conract then the price should have been much lower.

Unless you're willing to give a big refund to all current shareholders.

You could also have two classes of contract available on the exchange
One is the ownership of the hardware, and then the second are shares of hashing contracts.
Every time you sell the hashing contracts you just pay the total amount (less costs) to the hardware owner shares.

Nefario.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Quite a lot of shares sold after that dividend, gratulations!
http://charts.glbse.com/markets/SIN_trades.html

Thank you, and thanks for the charts, I didn't know that feature was in place!

Update: Coins keep rolling in, rigs will be arriving tomorrow.  I will give another update once the new rigs are up. 

On another note, I find myself in an unfortunate position: using the current language of the shares I've sold, I'll probably end up paying massive fines at best and in federal prison at worst when SkepsiDyne takes off and makes it big.  There is a pretty easy solution to this, and that is to change the language of the shares so that they are portions of the companies computing power, rather than actual shares in the company.  These shares of company hashing power would still come with the voting rights stipulated in the original contract, etc.  I am open to other suggestions that would help keep me out of the SEC's hair, but this is my proposed solution.  After some serious discussion on the matter, we'll have a vote on the matter.  I have already spoken with Nefario and he has said that this is possible to do, so we're alright on that front.  I would just like some input from everyone before we move ahead with this.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1007
Quite a lot of shares sold after that dividend, gratulations!
http://charts.glbse.com/markets/SIN_trades.html
Update: Machines are scheduled to arrive tomorrow!
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Spreading Bitcoin love
Got mine too.

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!
Activity: 308
A reminder: when attempting to buy shares on GLBSE through the command line interface, 1 BTC = 100000000.
Sorry for my ignorance: I bought a lot of your share, but my balance had no decreased. I dont understand.

If you look at http://twitter.com/#!/GLBSE you can see all of the recent orders and trades on GLBSE.  If those last few are yours, you're entering incorrect amounts.  For example, the very last order you made was a buy order for .1 BTC per share.  An easy way to convert BTC amount into the correct GLBSE number is to divide the amount (say 1 BTC) by .00000001, which would give 100000000.  You entered 10000000, which is .1 BTC and not 1 BTC.  Currently GLBSE is down until the problem with dividend payment is corrected, so you won't be able to buy any right now, but when it comes back up you should be able to.
Thank you; all is ok. ;-)
REF
Activity: 529
Merit: 500
are you using USB or HDD?

edit: actually can i get all the rig information?
Update: The replacement mobo came today and we're back at 7 rigs running!  The other two rigs are on schedule to arrive before the end of the week, then we'll be up to 9, and with current output and investment, we'll be able to purchase at least one more rig next week!
Update: replacement motherboard will arrive today, so we'll be back up to full capacity soon!  New rigs on schedule to arrive before the end of the week.
I don't know if Nefario can provide a "IPO"-site for every IPO they list with most details about that IPO. Now this info is mostly spread over the topic, which might be hard to find back. Could also be used to communicate back with the shareholders.

Yeah, we've got the forum http://glbse/forum/ but I know that's not enough.

What I'd like to do is to have a forum per glbse listed company, such that only shareholders are able to use it. And have something like a public company page.

I don't know if Nefario can provide a "IPO"-site for every IPO they list with most details about that IPO. Now this info is mostly spread over the topic, which might be hard to find back. Could also be used to communicate back with the shareholders.

One day when I'm bored out of my mind I'll consolidate it all on the OP.  Right now, it's work work work though Sad.
legendary
Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001
Ahh sorry guys must of missed it. Iv checked this thread out a few times before apparently i missed some posts. Thanks. Sounds pretty good to me getting 3 more rigs up.

No worries, a lot of questions have been asked and answered in this thread, I don't expect people to go through all of them!  Once again, I hope to be getting new rigs every week!  If we can keep doing this by paying out 100% of profits as dividends (my half gets reinvested) then all the better, for the company and for investors!  Right now I think the main drive is to get fresh investment in and keep rigs coming online.  My vision for this company is quite grand, and I am excited to see it come this far!
Pages:
Jump to: