Pages:
Author

Topic: SmallChange [research-only] [Litecoin based] [15 seconds blocks] [*update now*] - page 7. (Read 26565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
STILL no QTest, binaryFate.
libqt4-test??

If it still fails I can give you my x86 linux executable. Can we send files by PM?
I'm going to bed so it won't be before tomorrow, hope you can sort it out meanwhile!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Will someone PLEASE provide a Linux x86 binary?
STILL no QTest, binaryFate.
legendary
Still wild and free
RichG, try to apt-get libqt4-dev.

Maybe there is a network bottleneck with the pool, I can't get mush hash rate.
The more connections I open, the less hash rate each produces, so overall it
seems I am rather limited (I'm mining with cpu). Indicating a maximum number
of shares the pool is able to receive from me?!
I'll keep solo mining for tonight  Smiley
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
Nice!
I've seen many pools with the same design, where are the sources from? I'd be curious to see how it works.

I shamelessly got the sources from http://fc.dontmine.me/. I've added links to the footer of the pages to the sources.

SmallChange Pool Based on smallchange, pushpoold and mmcfe modified by Greedi & g2x3k
Looks like something from Qt, can you report the full line of the error?

rich@rich ~/smallchange/src/qt $ make
g++ -c -m64 -pipe -O2 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_WEBKIT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64 -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -Itest -I. -I. -o test_main.o test/test_main.cpp
test/test_main.cpp:1:17: fatal error: QTest: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [test_main.o] Error 1
OK, here it is. First, some disclaimers: I'm new to bitcoin et al. I have not run a pool before. I would not trust this pool with anything that is worth real money (e.g. BTC, LTC). I've been going through the web site code and it's horrific. I don't mean to offend the original author, but it just is. Lot's of respect to paul21 for running *.dontmine.me so well.

Ota's Experimental SmallChange Pool - http://sc.cascharia.com/

It's a pretty standard pool, shouldnt need much explanation. Please do give me feedback, I will act on it as fast as I can.

EDIT: Stats are not working, thats next on my list.
EDIT2: Stats fixed. Turned out to be a minor fix.
legendary
Still wild and free
Looks like something from Qt, can you report the full line of the error?
When I am compiling on my Ubuntu box, it is telling me it can't find "QTest".

Where do I get this?

Preferably, I would want a solution through APT.
legendary
Still wild and free
Exists one reason for time > 120 seconds; share result,... Core attack.
Could you elaborate a bit what you mean by "share result... core attack"?

Proof-of-work in network, it's not suitable for fast verify.
It's true that the fork of the blockchain can be of significant length, therefore I'm
not sure it has a faster confirmation time, in terms of probability (time after which
a transaction as a given low probability to not be reversed).
But "not suitable" sounds  like solid conclusion, what supports this?
Activity: 206
Merit: 102
step forward
15 seconds? Why not 10ms,....?

Exists one reason for time > 120 seconds; share result,... Core attack.
Proof-of-work in network, it's not suitable for fast verify.
Activity: 58
   *) 420 699 680 total coins

I think it is 42 millions, not 420.
coin_reward x block_per_minute x minute_per_hour x hour_per_day x day_per_year x 5
4*4*60*24*365*5 = ~42 000 000

5 years later... wtf, where are the remaining ~378 000 000?! Cheesy

Thanks, binaryFate.. a slight but embarrassing mistake!
legendary
Still wild and free
   *) 420 699 680 total coins

I think it is 42 millions, not 420.
coin_reward x block_per_minute x minute_per_hour x hour_per_day x day_per_year x 5
4*4*60*24*365*5 = ~42 000 000
legendary
Still wild and free
+1 for creating an exchange. I have no time atm myself  Undecided
Activity: 294
Ok, now my Linux client is stuck on block 20,485 and my windows client is up over 27,400...

I have 12 connections, I've tried re-launching my Linux client with -rescan, tried deleting the block index and re-downloading entirely, nothing works, just sits on 20,485...

EDIT: I re-cloned and re-compiled the client which seems to have fixed it.
If anyone else is having trouble maintaining connections, I found this earlier in the thread and so far it seems to have fixed the problem for me. Just use this for your smallchange.conf file:

Code:
addnode=54.246.222.7
addnode=80.123.216.178
addnode=199.195.214.166
addnode=74.121.182.150:16001

server=1

rpcuser=...
rpcpassword=...
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9031
legendary
Still wild and free
Hi there,

Following this from the beginning, I am finally allowed to write  Cheesy
Me too I missed the launch time because I went to bed and things moved quicker than I thought  Undecided
Now I'm having rather consistently between 6 to 8 connections.

I don't understand how you people are mining this coin when I can't even get any connections...
I'm almost there with a pool. The website just needs a lot of work (hard-coded 50 BTC rewards in the code, etc) and I have very little time atm.
Activity: 58
I think this coin requires someone who can develop it futher Smiley Such as new name, make diff adjustment act work better etc Smiley
by all means, please do so! The Bitcoin/Litecoin development process in the readme could also work for us. In case you want to try something out, please give me a pull request.

Quote from: c4n10
I can't seem to reliably maintain connections, sometimes I have 9 or more than other times I have 0. Happening on Linux and Windows clients.
We don't have many stable nodes currently.. Most people connect only temporary.

Quote from: paul21
I'm beginning to wonder if the "research" aspect of this coin is related to 51% attacks and DDoS takeover and things like that...
Yes, secretly a botnet is built. Have you checked the source code? Wink Na, I have no idea why this coin or its pools would be of interest to any attacker. Maybe they also only play around and test out things like we do :/

next update
From my part, the next update will be in a little over a week (4th or 5th) -- that will be in regard of block size, difficulty adjustment and tx fees. Any ideas how we could crank up transactions are very welcome.
Pages:
Jump to: