Pages:
Author

Topic: SmallChange [research-only] [Litecoin based] [15 seconds blocks] [*update now*] - page 8. (Read 26565 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I'm beginning to wonder if the "research" aspect of this coin is related to 51% attacks and DDoS takeover and things like that...  Grin
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I can't seem to reliably maintain connections, sometimes I have 9 or more than other times I have 0. Happening on Linux and Windows clients.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
I think this coin requires someone who can develop it futher Smiley Such as new name, make diff adjustment act work better etc Smiley
I think my miner was ddosed a bit however I simply restarted it Cheesy
Activity: 168
http://sc.dontmine.me is back but the poolserver is disabled for now.

Everyone with a payout address has been paid at this point, 10k~ SC sent out.

When will the pool be back up so I can withdrawl
It was up earlier today, but it appears to be down again.  Someone really doens't like FeatherCoin.  Try again tomorrow... if you didn't have a payment address, he may have deposited your funds into your account.  It always pays to have a payment address on file.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

When will the pool be back up so I can withdrawl
Activity: 434
Balthazar, I installed them.
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358
It seems that you forgot about boost dev packages installation.
Activity: 434
I'm not sure that there is any sense pooled mining for such ridiculously low targets... Even if network hashrate will be > 1 ghash/s Roll Eyes

I agree, it's kind of silly but that's part of the research to learn Smiley

The only reason the pool site is up is for people to claim coins, but most of them are paid out already. I really doubt I'll open the workserver again.
Pooled mining was significantly more profitable for me.  I left my miner solo all night, and I made less than I did in 2 hours on the pool.  They may have been due to the difficulty ramp-up, but the pool was beneficial for me at least.

What do you say paul?? seems like people liked your pool and would like you to bring it back on as its the smaller miners that appreciate it the most Wink
I'm willing to wait, or just solo.  4.5GBps is a lot of unwanted attention, and he may have other uses for that server than playing poolmaster for a research coin.  
legendary
Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010
I'm not sure that there is any sense pooled mining for such ridiculously low targets... Even if network hashrate will be > 1 ghash/s Roll Eyes

The only reason the pool site is up is for people to claim coins, but most of them are paid out already. I really doubt I'll open the workserver again.
Pooled mining was significantly more profitable for me.  I left my miner solo all night, and I made less than I did in 2 hours on the pool.  They may have been due to the difficulty ramp-up, but the pool was beneficial for me at least.

What do you say paul?? seems like people liked your pool and would like you to bring it back on as its the smaller miners that appreciate it the most Wink

Pooled mining was significantly more profitable for me.  I left my miner solo all night, and I made less than I did in 2 hours on the pool.  They may have been due to the difficulty ramp-up, but the pool was beneficial for me at least.
legendary
perhaps the pool was not a bad idea as the difficulty skyrockets Tongue

fuzzy@fuzzy-VGN-SZ61MN-B:~/Dev/smallchange/src$ ./smallchange getinfo
{
    "version" : 60300,
    "protocolversion" : 60001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 11.00000000,
    "blocks" : 26073,
    "connections" : 8,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.06622092,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1366577136,
    "keypoolsize" : 103,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}
 ./smallchange getinfo
{
    "version" : 60300,
    "protocolversion" : 60001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 11.00000000,
    "blocks" : 26289,
    "connections" : 8,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 0.15730200,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1366577136,
    "keypoolsize" : 103,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}
legendary
hmmm i got sent some coins today but they have not showed up Sad

i installed fine on ubuntu 12.04, had blocks downloading, did command
./smallchange getnewaddress

which this time gave me SD71XKtGQTXs8rH8KgpRueaainTActYpHJ

but no matter what i search i can't get the old addresses back, am i missing a command or using the daemon incorrectly?

many thanks in advance

sorry it now showed up... very strange but ty for the coins friends Smiley

Thanks Paul21.  The hard work is appreciated.  I'll have to bug you about the intricacies of setting up a pool for a new altcoin one of these days.

dynamic difficulty retarget seems a given.  what about dynamic rewards?  it sounds like a terrible idea...  i believe liquidcoin made an attempt at it, but hear me out a sec.  dynamic rewards plus dynamic difficulty would allow you to tune for a specific number of coins a day, regardless of network has rate.  that seems like a reasonable way to control inflation. 
Interesting but isn't this duplication? Isn't the purpose of difficulty to control the speed at which reward coins are distributed? Or are there other advantages too?
I think of it as a second feedback into the loop.  It's easy to game difficulty if you have enough hash, but if you have 2 variables working towards stability, it'd make the coin more resilient to strange or erratic behavior.  It was a random thought.  Rapid difficulty adjustment appears to be mandatory on a fast coin, but being able to create a controllable dynamic inflation rate seemed like a desirable feature.

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
dynamic difficulty retarget seems a given.  what about dynamic rewards?  it sounds like a terrible idea...  i believe liquidcoin made an attempt at it, but hear me out a sec.  dynamic rewards plus dynamic difficulty would allow you to tune for a specific number of coins a day, regardless of network has rate.  that seems like a reasonable way to control inflation. 
Interesting but isn't this duplication? Isn't the purpose of difficulty to control the speed at which reward coins are distributed? Or are there other advantages too?
Pages:
Jump to: