Pages:
Author

Topic: So Bitcoin is better than Gold? - page 10. (Read 53395 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
February 27, 2018, 02:30:45 AM
So Bitcoin is better than Gold? Roll Eyes
I will be honest here, when I first observe and see the potential of bitcoin, I always say to myself that bitcoin is the future, unfortunately a sudden of dropping in price happened which made all my positive thoughts about bitcoin turned to zero. It is very disappointing every time the price of it will continue to plunge. I am here because I want to earn even though I am still a student and because of the plunge, I came up with the thoughts that gold is better than bitcoin in some matters.
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
February 27, 2018, 01:59:01 AM
Not right to compare these two in my opinion. Bitcoin will give you higher returns but gold is a trusted form of investment.
Activity: 91
Merit: 0
February 27, 2018, 01:49:30 AM
Ofcourse bitcoin is better than gold because bitcoin is much profitable then gold. However gold is safe and risk free than bitcoins, bitcoins involve some risk but can generate a good profit as well.

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
February 27, 2018, 12:30:52 AM
In modern investment decentralization is certainly better, we all know that gold and bitcoin use decentralized system that is delivering the price on the market, but there is a clear distinction that bitcoin investment can rise up to tens of percent per day or thousands of percent per year while gold rose no more than 20 % per year.

Agree, Bitcoin has a travel price so fast than Gold because gold has a more stable price. But we will not know whether Bitcoin will have a greater price than gold later on.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 10:06:28 PM
Gold is better than Bitcoin, actually, everyone uses gold, it's really better than Bitcoin. Also, since the first day of this world, people were used by humans, since it came to earth, so it is used by the people of the world. Bitcoin and gold are not the same prices, but they are among the very important economies of the country.
Activity: 84
Merit: 5
February 26, 2018, 09:56:39 PM
yes it is, Gold can be snatch and rob no matter how you took care of it but bitcoin cant be rob because the keys was all in your mind. The cost of storing and protecting the gold is a wasteful expenditure. Gold is controlled by government while Bitcoin has a blockchain that provides the ability to digitize money that doesn't need a government to create it, also its a peer-peer transactions, no third person involve.
Activity: 714
February 26, 2018, 09:49:30 PM

Yes actually last year bitcoin surpassed the price of an gold , and I'm not saying that bitcoin is better than Gold , gold is stable and cannot change the price of it , but for bitcoin it's unstable depend on the demand , so it's either increase or decrease. So basically Gold can hold his price or worth , but bitcoin can either both , so still gold is better than bitcoin.

agree, gold is still better than bitcoin because it is stable and has a physical form . Gold is also pawnable and acceptable anywhere or everywhere. Gold is also convertible to cash. Bitcoin on the other hand is not stable , cannot be pawn and it is also limited to other people. majority of population didnt even know that bitcoin exist. and lastly there is still a posibility that bitcoin can loose its value overtime but gold is still gold and the value of it will still remain no matter what year or decade it can survive.
Activity: 112
February 26, 2018, 09:42:27 PM
Bitcoin and gold are both good. However, the potential possibilities of Bitcoin blockcan technology have played a positive and positive role for a better future, which is going to be more equally and fair.
Keep an eye on my main comments, your own interest, and away from tradition where you are confused!
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
February 26, 2018, 09:36:00 PM
BTC's return on investment is far greater than that of gold, but BTC's risk is far greater than that of gold, so the activist investor will choose to invest in BTC, which is the investment BTC for me.

Activity: 190
February 26, 2018, 09:28:05 PM
I am new here. I think gold and bitcoin are good on both sides and two of us benefit us differently. Gold is the most valuable thing in a long time. And Bitcoin recent valuable currency.So, both are valuable .
Activity: 476
February 26, 2018, 09:25:58 PM
Gold is better than bitcoin.  Gold has a physical value but bitcoin has not.
Activity: 646
Merit: 252
February 26, 2018, 08:41:34 PM
In modern investment decentralization is certainly better, we all know that gold and bitcoin use decentralized system that is delivering the price on the market, but there is a clear distinction that bitcoin investment can rise up to tens of percent per day or thousands of percent per year while gold rose no more than 20 % per year.
Activity: 182
February 26, 2018, 08:33:04 PM
Wake me up when you can transfer $1 billion worth of gold for $2 in ~10 minutes from any to any location of the world. Roll Eyes

http://www.dugcampbell.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Traits-of-Money.png

https://getabitcoin.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/goldvsbitcoinvsdollar.png

this right here as answred a lot pertaining to the question asked. Sincerely, gold is not readily available to purchase and how many or in what ways can it be traded with? Even with fiat available to purchase gold u are not able to get it. u have to go through a process unlike bitcoin. Just a couple of transactions and u got your purchase in a blink of an eye. Not to mention how stress free it is. Personally, i feel bitcoin has a lot more advantage than Gold
Activity: 201
Merit: 11
February 26, 2018, 08:29:18 PM
Gold has always been an investment of the people. When you buy gold you have something in your hands.

In the short term you can certainly make more return with BTC than with gold. In the long term you will see. It is certain that there will be gold in many years to come. At BTC you can not be sure on this point.
Activity: 285
February 26, 2018, 08:13:43 PM
I think it is, especially as a store of value. Gold is scarce but bitcoin is limited.

Technically gold can be created out of lead as long as you have enough energy. For now it's not worth it for sure, but who knows in the far future with fusion reactors and all.
Activity: 700
Merit: 277
February 26, 2018, 07:54:05 PM
I think comparing gold and bitcoin is the same as comparing vegetables with meat, they are different things that are difficult to measure, gold has its own advantages as well as bitcoin, but if profit is a measure then bitcoin is more profitable than gold.
Activity: 88
Merit: 1
February 26, 2018, 07:27:58 PM
We can compare gold to bitcoin in many ways, each with a unique value and function. A similarity to gold and bitcoin makes it attractive to investors for their value.
Activity: 490
February 26, 2018, 06:13:13 PM
There is a lot of reason that bitcoin is better than gold also bitcoin is good for long term hold but gold price is very stable and it,'s good too

Bitcoin is very good for its volatility — this lets traders earning good money on it. Gold prices have been staying stable for many years, which is also great.
Activity: 33
February 24, 2018, 04:10:07 PM

I would HODL a little bit Gold and BTC
Activity: 396
Merit: 104
February 24, 2018, 02:44:35 PM

Yes actually last year bitcoin surpassed the price of an gold , and I'm not saying that bitcoin is better than Gold , gold is stable and cannot change the price of it , but for bitcoin it's unstable depend on the demand , so it's either increase or decrease. So basically Gold can hold his price or worth , but bitcoin can either both , so still gold is better than bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: