Pages:
Author

Topic: SOLD OUT [GROUP BUY 3] In-Stock Bitmain AntMiner S1 180GH/S Ships on 12/20&12/21 - page 6. (Read 27780 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 500
BITMAIN HAS SHIPPED THE REST OF THE ORDERS AS PLANNED ON THE 12/21. SUSHI WILL HAVE THE TRACKING # IN A DAY OR 2. HOPEFULLY
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Shipping Date: December 20, 2013 & December 21, 2013
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Good question!

My guess is they probably just stopped for the weekend and will ship on Monday.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
have the rest of these shipped?
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net
Still no sign of my GB3 unit in MyUPS.  If it went out Friday I was hoping to get it tomorrow, but maybe Tuesday I guess.  The holiday season is interfering with my miner delivery! Smiley

All of mine in GB3 shipped Thursday/Friday, and I should have tomorrow according to quantum view.
they already giving the tracking number? why I did not recevie it, my number?

Never had to give a tracking number- just asked them to ship with my UPS account, that way my rep keeps an Eye on it
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Still no sign of my GB3 unit in MyUPS.  If it went out Friday I was hoping to get it tomorrow, but maybe Tuesday I guess.  The holiday season is interfering with my miner delivery! Smiley

All of mine in GB3 shipped Thursday/Friday, and I should have tomorrow according to quantum view.
they already giving the tracking number? why I did not recevie it, my number?
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Activity: 546
Owner, Minersource.net

legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1175
Activity: 448
legendary
Merit: 1080
We got him up and running..I discovered the source of his problem too..his home router does not do DNS forwarding, so while we were manually assigning the miner's WAN interface static IP assignments the miner could not reach the outside network because it could not resolve hostname - ie DNS was busted. So the trick was to instead of using the router's IP address in the DNS fields, I used google's public DNS servers, and tadaaaa all worked after.

Kind of lame that a router would not do dns forwarding though. I fails to see any valid reason linksys would disable or omit that feature.

Activity: 447
dunno, the each PSU is only about 4 months old. Only one PCI-E on each PSU/ANT got hot and melted.

does anyone have any experience setting these up on ubuntu? trying to help a friend but i suck  Tongue

It should be fairly easy. Just ensure that he's on the same subnet as the antminer (white sticker on the control board tells you its default IP address). So in ubuntu he can go to the "network" tray applet at the top right of the screen (depending on whether he's using Unity or the classic Gnome based environment) and manually set the IP address of the LAN adapter to 192.168.2.x, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, etc. The network manager tray applet should look like two up and down arrows (1 up 1 down).

He can also run the network manager app by typing "sudo network-manager" or "sudo network-manager-gnome"

okay, i think i did the above last night(like the windows instructions), but still could not login to the miner ip.

They are set up and mining, but using my windows laptop, he still can't access them from his ubuntu system.

Don't suppose you have  instructions for making the miners work via a cable connection?
Something is not right here.

For one thing, if you have them setup an mining while using you windows laptop, then they are setup.  They do not "need" a windows nor a linux machine to run.  They are stand alone miners. 

You need to set the network info, the pool info, and set your local time, and you are good to go.  To monitor it locally, you use a browser connecting to the IP address that you reconfigured the antminer to.

You can access the antminer control screen from any web browser that is connected to the local network.  I just connected to mine with my iphone3gs, my lubuntu laptop, and my win7 laptop using safari, chromium, and firefox.

If you can get to the antminer control screen using a windows browser, then the problem is with his ubuntu system.

legendary
dunno, the each PSU is only about 4 months old. Only one PCI-E on each PSU/ANT got hot and melted.

does anyone have any experience setting these up on ubuntu? trying to help a friend but i suck  Tongue

It should be fairly easy. Just ensure that he's on the same subnet as the antminer (white sticker on the control board tells you its default IP address). So in ubuntu he can go to the "network" tray applet at the top right of the screen (depending on whether he's using Unity or the classic Gnome based environment) and manually set the IP address of the LAN adapter to 192.168.2.x, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, etc. The network manager tray applet should look like two up and down arrows (1 up 1 down).

He can also run the network manager app by typing "sudo network-manager" or "sudo network-manager-gnome"

okay, i think i did the above last night(like the windows instructions), but still could not login to the miner ip.

They are set up and mining, but using my windows laptop, he still can't access them from his ubuntu system.

Don't suppose you have  instructions for making the miners work via a cable connection?

So they were setup to mine wirelessly then? The steps to make them work via cable connection are simple:

1) Log into the web interface somehow
2) Go to Network
3) Edit the "WAN" interface and switch the protocol from DHCP to Static IP
4) Manually assign all the network settings
5) Save and apply

Done.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

legendary

legendary

legendary
no overclock
Whoa, what the hell is going on then. That is supposed to happen only when the power draw is excessive. Perhaps the gauge of the wires is too low (ie 20 AWG instead of 18 or lower)?

legendary
legendary
Melted the pci-e cables. It happened on two 860w corsair platinums running at mine.

The extenders were meted and brown and stuck and the cable was also stuck in psu end

my friend had similar with a 1100, brand I am unaware of.

The metal plate is bendable, the fan needs replaced though.

Hmm, odd. Did you overclock them?
Activity: 1316
Merit: 503
Someone is sitting in the shade today...
sushi did the rest of the orders ship today? thanks
Pages:
Jump to: