Pages:
Author

Topic: [SOLD OUT] Ninja Group Buy #4 - 30 Hosted ANTs + 7 - 290X [0/300] .3btc - page 8. (Read 17812 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I think you copy/pasted a bit too much from you're other GB terms  Wink

Hosting fee on the 7-card rig is $599 a month? In other words it is expected to be as expensive as a Neptune? Hefty.

How is this hosting fee being paid by the group? Deducted from div payments? Is first month of hosting also free or only for the ANTs?

Cheers

@MWninja, if you have 2 minutes, could you clarify these points by answering the questions.

Am in GB1+3 and still deliberating if I should join in GB4.

Cheers

First month is free only for the ANTs; the GPU rig is going to be a power hungry beast (easily over 2k watts), so yes it will cost about the same to run as a Neptune. It will be split across the group, deducted from dividends that it generates.  We're talking only $2/per month per share on it, so it shouldn't be too bad. If it becomes unprofitable we will liquidate the cards and split the proceeds, with owners getting "dibs" on the cards.
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Hosting fee on the 7-card rig is $599 a month? In other words it is expected to be as expensive as a Neptune? Hefty.

How is this hosting fee being paid by the group? Deducted from div payments? Is first month of hosting also free or only for the ANTs?

Cheers

@MWninja, if you have 2 minutes, could you clarify these points by answering the questions.

Am in GB1+3 and still deliberating if I should join in GB4.

Cheers
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Looks like middlecoin and wafflecoin both mine the most profitable coin and convert to bitcoin.  We will split test for a week and then decide where to point the scrypt hashrate.

Split testing Wafflepool and Middlecoin and setting the better one as the primary and the other as the backup sounds like a good idea. Can't wait to see the details of the scrypt group buy.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Hi, I am in AZ also and interested in your Scrypt only group buy for Group #5, sometime in late February.
hosting fee 14,99 USD per Month per Share? Thats 180 USD in the first year.. compared to the cost of the share ( 275 USD ) thats a lot of hidden cost!
by the way that's 54.000 USD for the datacenter..
good luck you guys...

Paying for power isn't a hidden cost; it's a necessary expense....and it's clearly stated in the offering what the hosting fees are.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
hosting fee 14,99 USD per Month per Share? Thats 180 USD in the first year.. compared to the cost of the share ( 275 USD ) thats a lot of hidden cost!
by the way that's 54.000 USD for the datacenter..
good luck you guys...
Activity: 34
So i guess the question would be is 18kH of scrypt equal to 12GH of sha256?

At current difficulties - 12 GHZ of sha256 should generate around 0.003 in a 24 hour period, and 18kh of scrypt should generate around 0.0002 in a 24 hour period.  These can vary based on luck.  Of course, can we answer the question is 12GH of sha256 when the Neptune ships equivalent to 18kh of scrypt now?  Impossible to know for certain, but given the diversity of scrypt based coins, overall difficulty should not rise to rapidly, and in many coins difficulty decreases as mining pools stop mining them.

Activity: 2
Good chance to diversify a bit with scrypt and GPUs resale value should hold up a bit better too.

Put me down for 1 share at owners rate (I also own a share of group 2)

TX ID 03ccd5ae2048f8a609b89aa6b532d911fcd63d6c4dca8da52e3fb629b84cf872

Note, it's a different payment address than my group 2 address.

Love your work, thanks
sf2
Activity: 273
Merit: 250
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Cheers
Looks like middlecoin and wafflecoin both mine the most profitable coin and convert to bitcoin.  We will split test for a week and then decide where to point the scrypt hashrate.
Activity: 10
GB#1 Owner in for one share. Different address, let me know if you need me to sign a message or something.

4293358dab53bbd4fa9b0d0cf45ee7ee350694d1458c5917412ca0fed8536995
sf2
Activity: 273
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047
I'm going to move some bitcoin around to be able to pay for 5 or 6 shares.

I would be really interested in getting Worldcoins (next to Litecoins for example). As WDC has (afaik) the most mature plan to get cryptocurrency into POS locations. With Scharmbeck having a Fincen certificated financial service there is a good driving force pushing it Smiley

You can just buy whatever coin you want if you think its price will increase, but when mining you should only care about what is currently the most profitable coin to mine.
Activity: 299
I'm having lunch with a custom crypto rig builder later this week; hopefully we can work out a deal to bring a BIG scrypt group buy together for Group Buy #5.

hmmm.. Keep us posted on this one please.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1007
I'm going to move some bitcoin around to be able to pay for 5 or 6 shares.

I would be really interested in getting Worldcoins (next to Litecoins for example). As WDC has (afaik) the most mature plan to get cryptocurrency into POS locations. With Scharmbeck having a Fincen certificated financial service there is a good driving force pushing it Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

About the scrypt miner:
Will it be used to mine different coins or just LTC? I would expect to mine different coins; the ideal strategy is to stay on top of new coins and convert to btc when their price initially peaks. There are other strategies to mining the most profitable coin, such as middlecoin and the like that we can also explore.

The easiest way would be just using Middlecoin, so you are mining the most profitable coin and don't have to deal with using exchanges to convert altcoins to BTC. That's what I personally use for my mini mining operation  Grin
Activity: 756
Hi,

What is the price, I cannot really read it.

Is it 30.259?

Thanks,
BTTI.info

It's BTC0.259 to preorder if you are already a shareholder in another of Ninja's groupbuys.  If not I have a feeling he'll have the price up tomorrow.
Activity: 8
Hi,

What is the price, I cannot really read it.

Is it 30.259?

Thanks,
BTTI.info
Pages:
Jump to: