Pages:
Author

Topic: Someone lowered my trust, I don't know why. What recourse? - page 3. (Read 6274 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
You check the terms and conditions of a site, before signing up. That is kind of the expectation that you understand the rules of a site before using it.

The rules explicitly state that all bots must have "bot" in the name so that they Do not get paid for chatting. You make a bot that does not follow those rules, and illegitimately gain .5 BTC. I cant understand what the misunderstanding his here, you stole .5 BTC from Tradefortress by using a bot that was not allowed. You get paid for chatting on coinchat, not having a bot spam for you, and because of your bot, Tradefortress is out .5BTC hence the negative trust.

I'm really not understanding where the question of, why don't I get negative trust for stealing .5BTC from someone? If it was an honest mistake, you would have seen that it was against the rules, said oh sorry, and returned the ill gotten coins.

Edit* And after thinking it over, I don't really buy that you werent aware of the rules in the first place. Why would you have named your bot b0t rather than bot had you not known that names with bot don't get paid?

Salty sums this up well, I agree with him.  OP looks to be completely in the wrong here, TF in the right.

in this particular case maybe....

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
Keep it real
You check the terms and conditions of a site, before signing up. That is kind of the expectation that you understand the rules of a site before using it.

The rules explicitly state that all bots must have "bot" in the name so that they Do not get paid for chatting. You make a bot that does not follow those rules, and illegitimately gain .5 BTC. I cant understand what the misunderstanding his here, you stole .5 BTC from Tradefortress by using a bot that was not allowed. You get paid for chatting on coinchat, not having a bot spam for you, and because of your bot, Tradefortress is out .5BTC hence the negative trust.

I'm really not understanding where the question of, why don't I get negative trust for stealing .5BTC from someone? If it was an honest mistake, you would have seen that it was against the rules, said oh sorry, and returned the ill gotten coins.

Edit* And after thinking it over, I don't really buy that you werent aware of the rules in the first place. Why would you have named your bot b0t rather than bot had you not known that names with bot don't get paid?

Salty sums this up well, I agree with him.  OP looks to be completely in the wrong here, TF in the right.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2156
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

Activity: 756
Merit: 251
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
You have 2 choices

1. Refund TF and apologize
2. Create new alt and back to square 1

The tf alt patrol seems to be marching through this thread.

I'm in no way affiliated with TF.

You create a bot and spam coinchat and withdraw bitcoin. You are not following the rules. Is that hard to understand?

copper member
Activity: 3948
Merit: 2201
Verified awesomeness ✔
Did you just seriously called me a sockpuppet? Because I agree with TF's opinion? You must be an idiot.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
You have 2 choices

The tf alt patrol seems to be marching through this thread.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
You have 2 choices

legendary
I will help you:

1) TradeFortress.
2) Only recourse is to have an agreement with TF. Only agreement is to repay what he wants.

Now, you got the answer. Whatever you will say is worthless.

Only agreement is to pay what he wants?!  Does this guy work for tradefortess?  Or he simply is an alt for tradefortess?  If the former, I hope you dont ever end up on his bad side or I'll be the one quoting this post in your complaint thread.
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS
I will help you:

1) TradeFortress.
2) Only recourse is to have an agreement with TF. Only agreement is to repay what he wants.

Now, you got the answer. Whatever you will say is worthless.
legendary
I wonder how many sock puppets tf has on this site.

I'll say one thing about this thread, I started it with two questions in mind:

1) someone lowered my trust, who? why?
2) what recourse do I have?

Now I know the answer to (1).  Tf, aka the admin on coinchat, is who.  The why seems to be a general spirit of vindictiveness against a little guy who angered him some months ago.

As to (2), the answer seems to be little or none.  I can put the facts out here on this thread, but tf has too many sock-puppets or just plain minions who will answer each of my posts with 'tf is your god, you have angered him and therefore you deserve any and all consequences he chooses to mete out for you.'  So its clear that any rational challenge to my attacker is going to be overwhelmed by the flood of TF worship.

I'm going to keep going back to these facts:

a) I did nothing wrong on this site or any other
b) I have never traded on the bitcointalk.org marketplace
c) Tf and I entered into no agreement and risked no btc on each other (tf admits this)
d) Tf refuses to remove his slanderous feedback

Tf is continuing to attempt to extort an arbitrary amount of money from me in exchange for using his godlike powers here to clear my name.  To those that suggest I pay the blackmailer whatever he demands I ask this: what will stop him from going back to his 'DB' in a week's time and return saying 'oh I made a mistake, actually you owe me xx more money', reslapping me with an antitrust rating until I pay again.  I'm beginning to wonder if the other people who have called him a scammer suffered from these sorts of extortion attempts.

So I simply repeat, yes I chatted on coinchat.  But no, that does not amount to an agreement to pay tf whatever he demands.
Activity: 182
Thanks for your 'advise [sic]'.

1) I have not acted unethically and not a single shred of evidence has been produced which suggests that I have
2) tf is unethically attempting to extort payment from me for arbitrary amounts at his whimsy.  He is falesly holding marketplace trust against me despite admitting he risked no btc on me and that we had no agreement.

For all of you who are suggesting I pay whatever amount he asks, I just hope he doesn't go after you next.  What guarantee do I have that he wouldn't just try to extort more? 

I am not using CoinChat. And I am not using bots.
I am respecting all rules.

I don't fear anything because I am honest.
And even if someone gives me a fake trust ratings, anyone will be able to see that it is unfair and undeserved.

So I don't give a shit.
You are sick/mad because you deserve it, and several people from the forum tell you so.

If you don't want to pay back, fine. Just close this thread and move on.
Bye, have a nice day.
Activity: 588
Merit: 253
Clearly tspacepilot did is unethical. Its common sense. My advise to you tspacepilot refund TradeFortress and move on.

1) I have not acted unethically and not a single shred of evidence has been produced which suggests that I have
2) tf is unethically attempting to extort payment from me for arbitrary amounts at his whimsy.  He is falesly holding marketplace trust against me despite admitting he risked no btc on me and that we had no agreement.

For all of you who are suggesting I pay whatever amount he asks, I just hope he doesn't go after you next.  What guarantee do I have that he wouldn't just try to extort more? 

Have you withdrawed in coinchat? I think that's the risked btc.
legendary
-sighs- You are not stealing if you follow the rules. According to TF you broke the rules. So pay up or shut up.
Nice to know that tf is the final arbiter of truth when it comes to his accusations.

Tf hath spoken, pay up or shut up.
legendary
This discussion seems pointless and endless Sad
Exactly.

Someone should do a drama to earned BTC ratio study of CoinChat vs #bitcoin-otc.

Someone seriously should write a book on coinchat drama. I can count at least 10 chapters.

Others have suffered similar fates at your hand?
legendary
Clearly tspacepilot did is unethical. Its common sense. My advise to you tspacepilot refund TradeFortress and move on.

Activity: 588
Merit: 253
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Exactly.

Someone should do a drama to earned BTC ratio study of CoinChat vs #bitcoin-otc.

Someone seriously should write a book on coinchat drama. I can count at least 10 chapters.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031
RIP Mommy
Activity: 182
Great, so using coinchat is stealing.  And coinchat users are 'stealing' whatever amount tf accuses them of.  I wonder why you seem to have such a vested interest in this?

Finally, decrying false allegations against myself is not 'crying'.   If you are going to stay involved in this conversation, please stick to the established issue: tf invents an aribitrary amount and falsely accuses me of stealing from him.  He engages in extortion against me for this amount on an unrelated site.

I just hope that tf doesnt get unhappy with you someday (assuming you are not actually him), you may not like it to be falsely accused and crucified without evidence.

Why so much drama?
You don't want to pay back?
You don't like the trust rating?

vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
Great, so using coinchat is stealing.  And coinchat users are 'stealing' whatever amount tf accuses them of.  I wonder why you seem to have such a vested interest in this?

Using an automated script on an account that does not have the name bot is stealing.

Huh?  I have no idea where that amount comes from.  Tf started it at 1.5Btc and seemed to lower it to .5 arbitrarily.

Figure of thumb value was 1.5 BTC, I looked into the DB and gave you the exact number afterwards.
Pages:
Jump to: