Pages:
Author

Topic: Spend Bitcoins - Spend Bitcoins (worldwide) | Buy Bitcoins (Australia) - page 23. (Read 61104 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Hi everyone. My wife and I had a baby yesterday so I've been incognito. Back now and working through the backlog of orders I've received in the last 48 hours. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Congratulations!  Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
hi,USA only?,no worldwide shipping? :p

im from argentina btw

Hi there. Currently, spendbitcoins.com allows you to shop at Amazon Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, UK, and US, as well as Fishpond (Australia) and New Egg Canada and US.

Amazon ships some items worldwide, while others they will only ship within the country of that Amazon site. Just add an item to your shopping cart, and add your shipping address and a payment method (which you will change later) and Amazon will stop and tell you if the item cannot be shipped to your country.
Hi everyone. My wife and I had a baby yesterday so I've been incognito. Back now and working through the backlog of orders I've received in the last 48 hours. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Sounds great! But how to use this with amazon.de (Amazon Germany)? Do the gift certificates work on both?

It's easy to use with Amazon Germany. Just choose Germany from the drop down menu on the Amazon page at spendbitcoins.com and the gift certificate you receive will be for Amazon Germany. No, the gift certificates do not work on different Amazon pages, so you need to be sure you choose the country you want.

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
hi,USA only?,no worldwide shipping? :p

im from argentina btw
Activity: 42
Sounds great! But how to use this with amazon.de (Amazon Germany)? Do the gift certificates work on both?
Activity: 696
Merit: 500
Nice! Its awesome to see you also support CDevolution! Do you listen to FTL?
Yes, and I host Free Oz Radio on LRN although it's been "temporarily" off air for awhile. I announced new egg on third segment of ftl tonight.

I missed it tonight, but will listen to the podcast tomorrow. Very cool.
Yes, and I host Free Oz Radio on LRN although it's been "temporarily" off air for awhile. I announced new egg on third segment of ftl tonight.
Activity: 696
Merit: 500
Spendbitcoins.com Announcement:

You asked for it. You got it.

I am still waiting for my affiliate application with New Egg to be approved, but as there has been immense popular demand for my New Egg store to open, I've opened it up now anyway. Just click on the New Egg logo on http://spendbitcoins.com to start shopping New Egg.

Until my affiliate application is approved, the affiliate links are redirected to the affiliate links of the Civil Disobedience Evolution Fund (http://cdevolution.org), so all your purchases go to support them.

Please be aware that gift cards may take up to 2 business days to land in your inbox, as they apparently can be held up that long in the New Egg system.

Happy spending!
Activity: 9
I made a couple of transactions over the past few days totaling a fairly substantial amount of money, and they each went smoothly. Oh, if only the Newegg store was up and running when the exchange rate was $31.xx, I think I would have went crazy Cheesy. This is a great service.
Activity: 675
Merit: 502
Do these Amazon gift codes ever expire?
Update:

Sorry for the suspense. My New Egg contact is out of the office until Tuesday. Hopefully we will hear something then.

In the meantime, P M me if you have an urgent New Egg purchase to make and we may be able to work something out.
Activity: 24
My experiences with Jeremy have been completely positive.

As one of the few people in Australia who are *turning over* rather than just holding bit coins, he was happy to sell me some at a very fair rate.

I transferred him some money, he let me know as soon as he sent the bitcoins - but then I couldn't see them on the client on my computer.

Rather than shrug his shoulders and say "oh well, here's proof I sent them, not sure what you should do now" he started a thread on these forums to find out what the problem could be. I eventually worked out what was wrong with my client setup.

Customer service like this is rare online, and even rarer here in Aus.

To anyone thinking "can I trust this guy" - my answer is a resounding yes.

Tim
Activity: 1
Got my Amazon GC quickly and with no problems, thanks!
Activity: 792
Merit: 1000
Bite me
My Nice new shiny video card turned up before time and I have no complaints at all,
Jeremy is the best
+10 Smiley
Activity: 1148
Finally automated!!!! (At least the important bits).

Now when you place a request for Amazon, http://spendbitcoins.com will immediately return a bitcoin amount and address for you to send it to. That cuts out most of the waiting game back and forth and locks in your exchange rate to the moment you decide to order.

Now to making the ordering page pretty and getting more stores up and running. It's been a wild ride so far. Loving every minute of it!
How far off are you from offering Newegg? I would like to order from them in the very near future.

New Egg should be up within the next 24 hours. Will announce here.

Cheers!

Not going to happen today. Still waiting on approval from New Egg. Again, will announce here. Sorry for the wait.

I'm sorry. New Egg is taking forever to approve my associate application. PM me if you would like to make a New Egg purchase and we can work something out.
Update: Finally got the current rate automated (based on current MT GOX last price). This is good new not just for me, who stayed awake at night checking and changing the price, but more importantly for you, as your price is now based on the last price, not the 24 hour average. If bitcoins keep going up like they have been, that could save you a few coins!

Feel free to go to spendbitcoins.com anytime just to check the current last price of bitcoins! Handy dandy little app, methinks.

Update: Last price has been too volatile an exchange rate, particularly because I do not have the ordering process automated yet and have to quote several orders when I wake up in the morning in Australia, not knowing what the last price was for each request. It should (fingers crossed) be automated within the next few days.

Until then (and perhaps even after, I think it seems fairer to everyone), the exchange rate will be based on the Mt Gox 24 hour average at time of quote.

Thanks for all your orders. I'm sorry if I've been a bit slower to keep up today, I'm doing the best I can doing it all manually! Thanks for your patience, and for your business. It is greatly appreciated.

--Jeremy
Pages:
Jump to: