Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 171. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
So what behaviour are you currently experiencing? Is the miner crashing and just restarts instead of rebooting?

When both cards work normal and hashrate drops below set parameter for 30 seconds, miner restarts and runs a startup script (to reset cards and apply overdriven settings). When one card goes off (0 h/s), I want computer to restart. Instead, after 30 sec of hashrate drop miner restarts itself and stops at "Loading kernels", because one card halted and needs to restart (i use switch-radeon-gpu instead of devcon).

Thats it. Windows running (i have hardware watchdog to restart it if pc freezes), srbminer process running (the same watchdog monitors it), pc hangs only after i try to end sbrminer task in taskmanager
Activity: 18
You need to add the following line to each and all your config files (If you use multi-algo-switching, what you have in the main config file is not read):

"reboot_script" : "reboot-windows.bat",

I have this exact line at the bottom in all 4 config files. Still no luck.

{
"cryptonight_type" : "heavy",
"intensity" : 56,
"worksize" : 8,
"double_threads" : true,
"min_rig_speed" : 3000,
"min_rig_speed_duration" : 30,
"retry_time" : 1,
}

and so on..
So what behaviour are you currently experiencing? Is the miner crashing and just restarts instead of rebooting?

I think what you are seeing is the miner restarting because the rig speed is falling before the minimum that you have set.  So I would create a startup script and put in the --resetvega so it will fully reset the cards. 
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
You need to add the following line to each and all your config files (If you use multi-algo-switching, what you have in the main config file is not read):

{
}

and so on..
Activity: 161
Merit: 10
Something is wrong, when trying to force haven (only adding this algo to algos.txt) it says it cannot login the user to the pool (using monero ocean + enablealgoswitching parameter). With bittube and v7 it works fine. I see haven listed on their website, so why is it not working?

{
}

and so on..
Activity: 296
Hi doktor,

I was using version 1.6.3 in my vega 56,

using the 1.6.6 i got less 30 hs

Using same settings,

On other rigs with rx 580 and vega 64 got the same hashes.

Just reporting  Cool

Tell him which driver you using.

and which algo is it  Smiley

Hi doc,

Using the recommended 1.6.1,

The algo is Heavy, mining LOKI. ( 1 vega 56 mining solo)

I have other strange issue in other rig (9 vegas 64) in fast algo mining masari. When i start miner 1 gpu (Vega 64) stills on 36xx hs and the others 8 in 40xx hs. Is i restart is random the gpu that will hash less that others.  (But this behavior is not always, if i restart many times, one time will be ok , all performing the same.. very strange) Cool

Thanks

wait now, did you want to write 18.6.1 ? Or miner version 1.6.1 Cheesy

Hi Smiley

The drivers is 18.6.1.

The miner hash works good on 18.6.3 and 18.6.4 Smiley

On solo mining works good the 18.6.6 miner version and with better hashrates, but on rig no.. Sad

Thanks
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Hi doktor,

Using same settings,

Just reporting  Cool

Hi doc,

I have other strange issue in other rig (9 vegas 64) in fast algo mining masari. When i start miner 1 gpu (Vega 64) stills on 36xx hs and the others 8 in 40xx hs. Is i restart is random the gpu that will hash less that others.  (But this behavior is not always, if i restart many times, one time will be ok , all performing the same.. very strange) Cool

Thanks

wait now, did you want to write 18.6.1 ? Or miner version 1.6.1 Cheesy
Activity: 296
Hi doktor,

Using same settings,

Just reporting  Cool

Hi doc,

Thanks

(or whatever your reboot file is called).

So for example if you have two config files...

config-normalv7.txt
config-heavy.txt

...you will need to add the line above at the bottom of each.
Dok, heeelp!
I still can't get the miner to restart windows when one card goes off (0 h/s). Miner restarts itself and freezes on initialising kernels.

start.bat
start SRBMiner-CN.exe --config configv7.txt --pools poolsocn.txt --usealgoswitching --sendallstales

config
{
"cryptonight_type" : "normalv7",
"intensity" : 112,
"worksize" : 16,
"min_rig_speed" : 3800,
}

reboot-windows.bat
shutdown.exe /r /t 3

algos
{
"algos" :
[
   {
      "algo" : "normalv7",
      "config" : "configv7.txt",
      "pools" : "poolsocn.txt",
      "hashrate" : 3850,
      "startup_script": "restart_gpu.bat"
   },
   {
      "algo" : "heavy",
      "config" : "confighv.txt",
      "pools" : "poolsocnhv.txt",
      "hashrate" : 3100,
   },
   {
      "algo" : "haven",
      "config" : "confighav.txt",
   },
   {
      "algo" : "bittubev2",
      "config" : "configbt.txt",
   }   
]
}

How it works? When miner decides to restart itself and when to restart windows? I don't get it
--logfile log.txt does not seem to do anything if set in the start.bat command line when using auto-switching now. None of my rigs have created a file it seems. Is that something that can be fixed?

Don't know what is happening there because it created log when i was doing the development.
Just put the --logfile log-switching.txt in start.bat and it is used on every algo switch.
--logfile log.txt does not seem to do anything if set in the start.bat command line when using auto-switching now. None of my rigs have created a file it seems. Is that something that can be fixed?
Activity: 76

Ok, so i have to set it in each config file... Can you please check whats wrong here:

{
"cryptonight_type" : "fast",
"target_temperature" : 64,
"intensity" : 59,
"double_threads" : true
"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 3, "intensity" : 54.5, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
]
}

you are missing a comma after "double_threads" : true

Thank you! Now it works like charme :-)

Ok, so i have to set it in each config file... Can you please check whats wrong here:

{
"gpu_conf" :
[
]
}

you are missing a comma after "double_threads" : true
Good Morning,

i have trouble to run 2 different instances of SRB Miner with the new Algo Switching Option.
While i have a rig with 5xRX570 and 1XRX580, i want to run the Miner bundeld for the Cards. So 1X with the 570ies and 1X with the RX580.

The GPU ID for the 580 is 3 and i put this in the start.bat

SRBMiner-CN.exe --config config-fast.txt --cgpuid 3 --cgpuintensity 60.5 --cgputhreads 2 --pools pools-algoswitch.txt --sendallstales --usealgoswitching

The Miner closes instently after start. When i dont exclude any GPU (all 6 togehter) it runs fine....

Thank you

put pause after the SRBMiner-CN.exe --config config-fast.txt... line so the window wont close on error, and you can see what is the error, like this :

SRBMiner-CN.exe --config config-fast.txt --cgpuid 3 --cgpuintensity 60.5 --cgputhreads 2 --pools pools-algoswitch.txt --sendallstales --usealgoswitching
pause

ccryptonighttype valid values:
[normal, normalv7, lite, litev7, heavy, bittubev2, artocash, alloy, marketcash, b2n, stellitev4, haven, fast, italo, mox]
Drücken Sie eine beliebige Taste . . .

And my config-fast.txt is like this

{
}

Make it look like this :

SRBMiner-CN.exe --ccryptonighttype fast --config config-fast.txt --cgpuid 3 --cgpuintensity 60.5 --cgputhreads 2 --pools pools-algoswitch.txt --sendallstales --usealgoswitching

And now it will use intensity 60.5 instead of 59 you defined in config.
CMD parameters are always "stronger" than the ones in config file.

Now he detects only this 1 specified GPU... BUT :-)

Pool send a new job for bittubev2, he starts initializing it and is in an endless loop of initializing betwen fast and bittubev2....

Hmmmm....

oh yes, there is something on the first page that says :

It is VERY IMPORTANT to use config files here, and not set GPU's and pool in command line. If you do so, algo switching probably won't work.

{
"gpu_conf" :
[
]
}

Good Morning,

i have trouble to run 2 different instances of SRB Miner with the new Algo Switching Option.
While i have a rig with 5xRX570 and 1XRX580, i want to run the Miner bundeld for the Cards. So 1X with the 570ies and 1X with the RX580.

The Miner closes instently after start. When i dont exclude any GPU (all 6 togehter) it runs fine....

Thank you

put pause after the SRBMiner-CN.exe --config config-fast.txt... line so the window wont close on error, and you can see what is the error, like this :

pause

[normal, normalv7, lite, litev7, heavy, bittubev2, artocash, alloy, marketcash, b2n, stellitev4, haven, fast, italo, mox]

{
}

Make it look like this :

SRBMiner-CN.exe --ccryptonighttype fast --config config-fast.txt --cgpuid 3 --cgpuintensity 60.5 --cgputhreads 2 --pools pools-algoswitch.txt --sendallstales --usealgoswitching

Pool send a new job for bittubev2, he starts initializing it and is in an endless loop of initializing betwen fast and bittubev2....

Hmmmm....

oh yes, there is something on the first page that says :

It is VERY IMPORTANT to use config files here, and not set GPU's and pool in command line. If you do so, algo switching probably won't work.
Good Morning,

Thank you

pause

{
}

Make it look like this :

Hmmmm....

Good Morning,

Thank you

pause

{
}

Make it look like this :

Good Morning,

Thank you

pause

{
}
Good Morning,

Thank you

pause
Jump to: