Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 175. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
V1.6.6
- Added support for algo/coin switching protocol BETA (pool must support it)

+ At the moment the only pool that supports algo switching is Monero Ocean.
To enable this mode put --usealgoswitching in your .bat

Awesome work! Thanks!

I've rolled back the drivers to 18.3.4 and used the new release, and it still sits there doing no shares, which is really strange. With another miner, after 5 secs I get shares. Surely I'm doing something wrong on the config or bat, but can't seem to see what. Can you help please? :/

Can anyone share their config, bat, etc files to see what I'm doing wrong here please? Can't get the miner to do shares.

Thanks!

OK lets go step by step.
What algo do you want to mine and what pool?
Which cards do you have?
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
V1.6.6

Awesome work! Thanks!

I've rolled back the drivers to 18.3.4 and used the new release, and it still sits there doing no shares, which is really strange. With another miner, after 5 secs I get shares. Surely I'm doing something wrong on the config or bat, but can't seem to see what. Can you help please? :/

Can anyone share their config, bat, etc files to see what I'm doing wrong here please? Can't get the miner to do shares.

Thanks!
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Hi Doc!

I'll play with algo switching. It's nice to see it integrated in your SRB.

I have a little question: The "GPU-Z trick" for heavy/haven mining still needed? Or is there another way to stick hashrate at max? I hadn't needed it before, but now my 470 8GB fluctuates between 889 and 1000H/s, its pretty high variation.

Thanks in advance. Fastest miner ever Cheesy
V1.6.6

Awesome work! Thanks!

V1.6.6
Fee for using the miner in algo switching mode is ~0.91% / 24hr. The miner is tracking when was the fee mined last time, so it's not mining it every time when it switches algo..

Very good work. I'll implement support in my proxy relay as soon as possible.

I am expecting you to do that  Cool
Activity: 158
Merit: 5
V1.6.6
Fee for using the miner in algo switching mode is ~0.91% / 24hr. The miner is tracking when was the fee mined last time, so it's not mining it every time when it switches algo..

Very good work. I'll implement support in my proxy relay as soon as possible.

V1.6.6
- "restart_devices_on_startup" and "restart_devices_on_startup_script" is now replaced with --resetvega and --startupscript
- Fixed "reboot_script" parameter, which should be triggered by hashrate watchdog
- Kernel 2 should be now automatically selected for R9 200 series
- Auto setup for RX 4XX and 5XX series should be now a little bit better
- Fixed a bug which could occur when receiving jobs too rarely
- Added miner version to API
- DevFee mining is not displayed anymore

How much is algo switching profitable that's something for the user to decide. The tool for that is here, so you can use it.
Fee for using the miner in algo switching mode is ~0.91% / 24hr. The miner is tracking when was the fee mined last time, so it's not mining it every time when it switches algo. This is only working if you are using the native way of algo switching.
You can see on the first page how to set it up, or on THIS LINK
One bad news is that the switching is done by restarting the miner, at the moment.

+ Removed "restart_devices_on_startup" and "restart_devices_on_startup_script", and replaced them with --resetvega and --startupscript
If you want to reset your Vega's before mining just append --resetvega in your .bat
To start a custom batch script before the miner starts, use the --startupscript filename in .bat
I had to go this way (and not the config way) because this is run before the miner initialises stuff

+ DevFee mining is not displayed anymore to the user. The first devfee isn't mined in the first 5 minutes, so if you want to kill / restart the miner, set your scripts to do it before 5 minutes.
Also if using a custom algo switching software (that restarts the miner) , you are using the miner in normal mode (not algo switching mode), so the devfee is not tracked across switches.

Activity: 288
Merit: 1
can I mine on the stock exchange with the payment ID?

stock exchange not a pool

read on poll how to use wallet with payment id
Activity: 2
can I mine on the stock exchange with the payment ID?
Activity: 158
Merit: 5
For the love of God Almighty remove the gigantic OP quotes, my mouse wheel broke.
Activity: 310
Merit: 13
Activity: 16
Are you planning to release linux version?
Activity: 18
I noticed the issue again with the miner seeming to drop hashing speeds on cards by around 100 H/s per Vega 64 card.  I looked back through the mining log and didn't see anything strange.  I tried resetting the cards while the miner ran (Overdriventool -r and then -p) and that didn't fix the issue.  I closed the miner down and restarted it.  That caused all of the cards to go back up to where they were at originally. 

Code:
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

OverdriveNTool.exe -consoleonly -r1 -r2 -r3 -r4 -r5 -r6 -p1VEGA64 -p2VEGA64 -p3VEGA64 -p4VEGA64 -p5VEGA64 -p6VEGA64
timeout /t 5

SRBMiner-CN.exe --config monero-config.txt --pools monero-sxmr-pools.txt
pause

Code:
[Profile_0]
Name=VEGA64
GPU_P0=852;900;0
GPU_P1=991;900;0
GPU_P2=1084;900;0
GPU_P3=1138;900;0
GPU_P4=1150;900;0
GPU_P5=1202;900;0
GPU_P6=1212;905;0
GPU_P7=1408;925
Mem_P0=167;900;0
Mem_P1=500;900;0
Mem_P2=800;900;0
Mem_P3=1095;905
Fan_Min=3000
Fan_Max=4900
Fan_Target=75
Fan_Acoustic=2400
Power_Temp=85
Power_Target=0

[General]
MainWindowLeft=538
MainWindowTop=277

I just lowered it to 1095 from 1100 on the memory.

well, that's exactly what happens on my vega 56 rig and why I'm trying SRB (besides the fact I'm not overall happy with cast). Goes up just fine, let's say 3 vega do 6K. after a while, one drops, and it may be like that for hours, or really drop to ridiculously low hashrate, and/or more cards to the same.

lowering P7 or P3 does nothing to it... which drivers are you using?

I am using 18.5.1 as suggested in the original post.  They don't drop to nothing.  They just go down.  Once I restart the miner, everything is fine.  It is almost like a memory leak or something.  I have had it happen on 2 different systems with different cards so we shall see.
I noticed the issue again with the miner seeming to drop hashing speeds on cards by around 100 H/s per Vega 64 card.  I looked back through the mining log and didn't see anything strange.  I tried resetting the cards while the miner ran (Overdriventool -r and then -p) and that didn't fix the issue.  I closed the miner down and restarted it.  That caused all of the cards to go back up to where they were at originally. 

Code:

OverdriveNTool.exe -consoleonly -r1 -r2 -r3 -r4 -r5 -r6 -p1VEGA64 -p2VEGA64 -p3VEGA64 -p4VEGA64 -p5VEGA64 -p6VEGA64
timeout /t 5

pause

Code:
[Profile_0]
Name=VEGA64
GPU_P0=852;900;0
GPU_P1=991;900;0
GPU_P2=1084;900;0
GPU_P3=1138;900;0
GPU_P4=1150;900;0
GPU_P5=1202;900;0
GPU_P6=1212;905;0
GPU_P7=1408;925
Mem_P0=167;900;0
Mem_P1=500;900;0
Mem_P2=800;900;0
Mem_P3=1095;905
Fan_Min=3000
Fan_Max=4900
Fan_Target=75
Fan_Acoustic=2400
Power_Temp=85
Power_Target=0

[General]
MainWindowLeft=538
MainWindowTop=277

well, that's exactly what happens on my vega 56 rig and why I'm trying SRB (besides the fact I'm not overall happy with cast). Goes up just fine, let's say 3 vega do 6K. after a while, one drops, and it may be like that for hours, or really drop to ridiculously low hashrate, and/or more cards to the same.

lowering P7 or P3 does nothing to it... which drivers are you using?

I only had GPU crashes with too aggressive intensity or too aggressive memstraps/overclock/undervolt settings.
So, you could try setting the intensity manually lower than SRBMiner now does it based on your setting 0. This might work, but more likely it is in the profile you use with Overdriventool. I don't have VEGa's, but general advice here would be to cut back what you are doing there more to stock value and then see if it improves. Once you have a stable situation, crank it up.
Hope this works for you. May be somebody else can give you his Vega settings as a reference to try.
[/quote]

I don't think it's related to that. I know for experience I'm not pushing them hard and Vega's immediately complain when we taken them to the limit Smiley

Maybe it's because I'm using the latest drivers that it doesn't do any shares, and I'll revert to other drivers to test it, but I'd appreciate it if someone could help me fine tune the files to run the miner properly with the watchdog, restarting gpu's at the start, etc =)

Activity: 18

Code:

timeout /t 5

pause

Code:
[Profile_0]
Name=VEGA64
GPU_P0=852;900;0
GPU_P1=991;900;0
GPU_P2=1084;900;0
GPU_P3=1138;900;0
GPU_P4=1150;900;0
GPU_P5=1202;900;0
GPU_P6=1212;905;0
GPU_P7=1408;925
Mem_P0=167;900;0
Mem_P1=500;900;0
Mem_P2=800;900;0
Mem_P3=1095;905
Fan_Min=3000
Fan_Max=4900
Fan_Target=75
Fan_Acoustic=2400
Power_Temp=85
Power_Target=0

[General]
MainWindowLeft=538
MainWindowTop=277

Activity: 80
Merit: 13
Try with kernel 2 it will work

next version will set it automatically

That worked.  Thanks!

Did you use kernel 2 only for the r9 200 series or you had to use them on the R9 390 Series also?

edit: have you tried int: 30 , w: 8 , threads: 3 setup on your hawaii's ?

In my case for the GPUs R9 390 8GB - R9 390X 8GB (Hawaii Cards) always the best option is Threads: 3
I used to get best on non-claymore miners with 390 with 740-860 intensity/threads 2/work 4 that was with sgminer/ xmr stak/ gatelessgate old/new also, thats for CN normal 1040 mhz 830-840 h/s
older 290/290x go for Stilt's bioses blindly, i remember the last Hawaii i had (i burnt 4-5 of them Smiley ) was 90 watts chip power, doing 870 h/s-900 h/s.
Activity: 57
Hi! First off, congrats on the work done on this miner.

I've been using cast and not happy with it and it became very unstable.

I've tried SRB using minimal config and it connected correctly. Immediately I saw better hashrate with the same configs, but it gets several jobs and sends no shares, which is really strange. So I started playing around with the settings, and now it doesn't even start   Huh

These are my files. What am I doing wrong here? Also want to put the restart script in, but haven't tried yet.

I'd really appreciate if you could help me on getting SRB cracking =)

Thanks

PS: the GPU restart seems to do it one by one, then says it restarted correctly, and shuts down after a quick message in red

I only had GPU crashes with too aggressive intensity or too aggressive memstraps/overclock/undervolt settings.
So, you could try setting the intensity manually lower than SRBMiner now does it based on your setting 0. This might work, but more likely it is in the profile you use with Overdriventool. I don't have VEGa's, but general advice here would be to cut back what you are doing there more to stock value and then see if it improves. Once you have a stable situation, crank it up.
Hope this works for you. May be somebody else can give you his Vega settings as a reference to try.
Hi! First off, congrats on the work done on this miner.

I've been using cast and not happy with it and it became very unstable.

I've tried SRB using minimal config and it connected correctly. Immediately I saw better hashrate with the same configs, but it gets several jobs and sends no shares, which is really strange. So I started playing around with the settings, and now it doesn't even start   Huh

These are my files. What am I doing wrong here? Also want to put the restart script in, but haven't tried yet.

I'd really appreciate if you could help me on getting SRB cracking =)

Thanks

PS: the GPU restart seems to do it one by one, then says it restarted correctly, and shuts down after a quick message in red

start file

@echo off
cd %~dp0

cd C:\Users\vega\Desktop\SRBMiner-CN-V1-6-5
OverdriveNTool.exe -p1Vega-h4 -p2Vega-h3 -p3Vega-h1 -p4Vega-h2
timeout /t 1

cls
set EXE=SRBMiner-CN.exe
%EXE% --sendallstales --config config.txt --pools pools.txt

reboot file

shutdown.exe /r /t 10

pools file

{
"pools" :
[
   {"pool" : "xmr-eu1.nanopool.org:14444", "wallet" : "XXXwallet.USER/[email protected]", "password" : "x"},
]
}

config file

{
"cryptonight_type" : "normalv7",
"intensity" : 0,
"double_threads" : true,
"restart_devices_on_startup" : true,
"min_rig_speed" : 7400,
"target_temperature" : 60,

/* THERE ARE A LOT OF OPTIONS/PARAMETERS YOU CAN USE HERE */
/* YOU CAN FIND THEM IN THE README FILE */
}
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Quick one: will the latest 18.7.1 driver slow down the miner if I try to mine Alloy? I think I installed it before the limitations on heavy were discovered. Normalv7 wasn't impacted then...

Just gauging whether I will have to downgrade my drivers (which I'd like to avoid if I can Tongue)!

18.8.1 are the latest, and idk try Cheesy
On which drivers are you now?
I can't remember! Cheesy
Been on holiday. Haven't turned on these rigs for three weeks... Tongue
Bah, it's not like I'm missing out on a lot of profits these days. Whenever I have some time, I'll fire them back up and check.
Jump to: