Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 214. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 62
Merit: 0
Please add Wild Keccak algo
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
Good evenening guys,

i hope someone is able to help me.
Since 4 days the miner isn't showing me any hashrate and keeps crashing after 5 Minuts.

config.txt
{
"cryptonight_type" : "alloy",
"intensity" : 0,
"double_threads" : true
}

Does anyone has an idea why that happens?

picture is too small

I cant barely see whats the error

What if I told you that you can click on the image?

Image has been loaded with correct links upon reply

the link previously posted is sort of out of pixels

anyways, already edited the post
Activity: 190
Merit: 59

It depends greatly on the pool and the day. Somedays I average above for the 24hrs and some days under.
Nanopool is far more stable and always the same or higher hashrate 24hr average.
Hashvault ok and cryptoknight.cc pool always less.
There are soo many factors. Look at the average over several days

It is not about the pool or the day

If after 2 weeks pool show that one rig has total of 14000000000 hashes and other ones have 13000000000 or even 11000000000, it means that some machines are hashing less than the others, and all of them are 6xVega with 12000H/s

It happens on supportxmr, it happens on nanopool, it happens on many others
I am not saying that somebody is stealing the hashes, because some machines are hashing well, but there must be some hardware or software difference that affects the miner or data sent by miner, simply because SRB and CAST have this issue and STAK doesn't

Activity: 473
Merit: 18
Good evenening guys,

Since 4 days the miner isn't showing me any hashrate and keeps crashing after 5 Minuts.

config.txt
{
}

picture is too small

What if I told you that you can click on the image?
Activity: 1008
Merit: 297
Grow with community
Good evenening guys,

config.txt
{
}

picture is too small

now I see it,

what your clock?

try to lower you GPU clocks

Activity: 12
Finally someone who knowledges the hash rate difference issue. I have 4 vega 56s. While SRBminer reports a steady 1850ish hash/s, pool only repots ~6.9Kish hash/s for the last two weeks (24 hour averages). So each card is reported to have an extra 100 hash/s on SRB. Tried XMRig AMD and hash rate is close to 24 hour average. SBR also seems to be much stabler then pool report/other miners. I really hope SRB isn't intentionally showing higher and more stable hash rate than reality.
Activity: 156
If anybody actually read what I wrote you woukd see the problem is much deeper than normal hashrate fluctuations. And I am not the only one. How comes a miner with 12KHs (srbminer and cast) will have less hashes on the pool after 1 week, than the miner with 11.5KHs? (Stak)

Yes, thank you for your very deep analysis, you saved us from the evil  Grin
Don't you think we can spot a huge hashrate difference if it occurs ourself?
Activity: 225
Merit: 1
If anybody actually read what I wrote you woukd see the problem is much deeper than normal hashrate fluctuations. And I am not the only one. How comes a miner with 12KHs (srbminer and cast) will have less hashes on the pool after 1 week, than the miner with 11.5KHs? (Stak)

It depends greatly on the pool and the day. Somedays I average above for the 24hrs and some days under.
Nanopool is far more stable and always the same or higher hashrate 24hr average.
Hashvault ok and cryptoknight.cc pool always less.
There are soo many factors. Look at the average over several days
Activity: 1
Good evenening guys,

config.txt
{
}

https://thumb.ibb.co/fmEjaT/SRBMiner_1_6_1_Fatal_Error2.png

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626

This is claymore eth miner, the one that the whole world uses.

Reported : ~595 MHS
Average : ~540 MHS

That's 10% difference. Sometimes is even more.
If you understand what i want to say.

Yes, thanks for this

However, this is now what I am talking about

I am talking about that over several weeks period, where xmr stak shows 11.5kh/s for a vega rig and has exact that many hashes counted by the pool, and srb or cast have 12KH/s but 10 or even 20% less hashes counted by the pool. This is data over the days or weeks, not minutes or hours. I did not try claymore, i will just stick what works for me.

nordmann666 thanks for links for older versions. Maybe I will try 1.5 but if I remember correctly, I started using srbminer at about that version. few pages ago some people were already complaining about this, so I guess I am not the only "crazy" one. The hash difference is way to high for me to simply ignore, I prefer to go back to STAK where my rigs have 500 or 300 less hashing power but have 0 doubts about hashing.

i asked here and elsewhere but no one answered...your problem is 10%
i got waves an every pool....hashrate from 2000-5500hs up and down and up and down...with EVERY miner
BUT...average hash rate is 3,9 = what SRB shows me

so i dont care about reported hasrates - i want a stable miner without issues and SRB is stable (most time)

only thing i´m not happy about - more and more settings i dont know to handle (fragments?!!?) - SRB was easy to use...but gets more and more complicated (in my opinion)

There will always be differences in miner speed and what pool shows. Stale shares, hw errors, etc etc, lots of factors.
You said on one of your rigs is OK, pool showing approximately what miner shows. And you called that strange Smiley
I call strange those 20%, because that IS really much. Well, i'm not trying to convince anybody, you use what best works for you.

nordmann666, you don't have to worry about every setting and parameter, you probably don't need any of those.
It's still easy to use it, all you need is set intensity and turn on double_threads. Smiley
Activity: 27
Hello, does not display the temperature and speed of the fan. Video cards R9 370 series ...

Try to change adl_type parameter, default is 1, try 2.
Put it on "gpu_conf" to get something like that (for intensity, worksize e threads use your stable config, this is only for example):

"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 0, "intensity" : 50, "worksize" : 4, "threads" : 1, "adl_type": 2},
]

"adl_type" : 1 or 2 , 1 - USE OVERDRIVEN , 2 - USE OVERDRIVE 5. Default is 1 if not set. Option 2 (Overdrive 5) is suitable for older cards
Activity: 8
Hello, does not display the temperature and speed of the fan. Video cards R9 370 series ...
Activity: 363
Merit: 16

Yes, thanks for this

I am talking about that over several weeks period, where xmr stak shows 11.5kh/s for a vega rig and has exact that many hashes counted by the pool, and srb or cast have 12KH/s but 10 or even 20% less hashes counted by the pool. This is data over the days or weeks, not minutes or hours. I did not try claymore, i will just stick what works for me.

nordmann666 thanks for links for older versions. Maybe I will try 1.5 but if I remember correctly, I started using srbminer at about that version. few pages ago some people were already complaining about this, so I guess I am not the only "crazy" one. The hash difference is way to high for me to simply ignore, I prefer to go back to STAK where my rigs have 500 or 300 less hashing power but have 0 doubts about hashing.

i asked here and elsewhere but no one answered...your problem is 10%
i got waves an every pool....hashrate from 2000-5500hs up and down and up and down...with EVERY miner
BUT...average hash rate is 3,9 = what SRB shows me

so i dont care about reported hasrates - i want a stable miner without issues and SRB is stable (most time)

only thing i´m not happy about - more and more settings i dont know to handle (fragments?!!?) - SRB was easy to use...but gets more and more complicated (in my opinion)

Yes, thanks for this

Activity: 38
Although the srbminer was working usper stable with my Vega rigs and gave me amazing nominal hashrate, my adventure with srbminer comes to the end

After a lot of monitoring I figured out that srbminer and cast.xmr give me much less real hashrate than the miner hashrate. I have tried several pools and difference goes as much as 20%. I don't know why, one of the rigs is correct (12KH/s reported by miner and pool) and others vary from 11.5 to even 10KH/s real hashrate. I have 0 invalid shares, everything works beautiful, but my hashes are missing.

Although XMR STAK gives me less hashrate, it is spot on with what the pool reports. I have read few pages ago that older versions of srbminer do not have this issue, but I can't find them online anymore.

After long time, back to where I started, hello XMR STAK, sorry doc, your miner is awesome but difference is too high for me.

ive noted something similar
my miner tells me my hashrate is 4.9Kh/s but on pool ive never reached over 4.4Kh/s
Activity: 156
Although the srbminer was working usper stable with my Vega rigs and gave me amazing nominal hashrate, my adventure with srbminer comes to the end

After a lot of monitoring I figured out that srbminer and cast.xmr give me much less real hashrate than the miner hashrate. I have tried several pools and difference goes as much as 20%. I don't know why, one of the rigs is correct (12KH/s reported by miner and pool) and others vary from 11.5 to even 10KH/s real hashrate. I have 0 invalid shares, everything works beautiful, but my hashes are missing.

Although XMR STAK gives me less hashrate, it is spot on with what the pool reports. I have read few pages ago that older versions of srbminer do not have this issue, but I can't find them online anymore.

After long time, back to where I started, hello XMR STAK, sorry doc, your miner is awesome but difference is too high for me.

https://i.imgur.com/f9EzH8T.jpg

Activity: 363
Merit: 16

SRBMiner-CN-V1-5-0.zip
SRBMiner-CN-V1-5-1.zip
SRBMiner-CN-V1-5-2.zip
SRBMiner-CN-V1-5-3.zip
SRBMiner-CN-V1-5-5.zip
SRBMiner-CN-V1-5-6.zip
SRBMiner-CN-V1-5-8.zip
SRBMiner-CN-V1-5-9.zip
SRBMiner-CN-V1-6-0.zip

doc - if u dont want to share older versions...let me know

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Hmmm, interesting... I'm take a look in my .srb RX 580 8Gb kernel files. Looks like bigger dmemory_chunk gives better speed for me. Best kernel for now with chunk 1873279048.
I have other variants of chunk:

1.5.9 and 1.6.0 always creates kernels with chunk 0...

Is there is some dependences? What max it can be? What best?

In 1.6.1 kernels there is no chunk size. But exists new -DCRYPTONIGHT_FRAGMENTS=2

thats a bug, it's an int that wasn't mem allocated previously so it's just a random garbage value. I really don't know how these huge values can improve anything, but if its working for you im happy Smiley
you can experiment by adding "fragments" : your magic number in gpu_conf. This option is not 'public', cause im experimenting with it  Tongue

if you can confirm that its 'working good' every time ( and of course that it finds shares ) i can add it as a def value for rx 8gb cards
Not every time. It's still needs to restarts miner several times. But max speed can be achieved.
About fragments - you mean that way:

{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 51.1, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2, "persistent_memory" : false, "fragments" : 12345678},

And will it work for 1.6.1 ?

yes, exactly that's how you can use it.
Hmmm... Thanks I'll try it. Last question: does it means that with this parameter no matter what chunk size in kernel file?

it creates a new kernel file with the fragment value you defined
Thanks! I can build kernel with fragments 1873279048 and 1.6.1 gives the same speed as 1.6.0 with 1.5.8 kernel. Now we can build kernels with any chunk (fragments) size.
But I think you must determine why it's happens. I tried fragments 1396800320 and less step by 43650010, but always not get max speed...
Also tried variants 3, 4, 512, 1024, 4096, 4096000, 87654321, 12345678 and some more. Every time waits about 10 min.
Jump to: