Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 216. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 296
Merit: 0
V1.6.1
- Changed IPBC/Bittube old algo to new BitTubeV2 algo (from block 110000)
- Max difficulty reconnecting mechanism is now triggering instantly
- Added 'worksize' option in config.txt, that is applied to every GPU (only if not set in gpu_conf)
- Hopefuly fixed a bug with job timeout reconnecting
- Hashrate watchdog now triggers even when user not connected to pool

+ BitTube (former IPBC) forks on block 110.000, and their new algo will be BitTube V2.
You can use the new algo only after they forked, use "cryptonight_type" : "bittubev2". The old IPBC algo has been removed, so until the fork please use the previous version of SRBMiner.

+ Added 'worksize' option in config.txt (use it on top of config.txt , where intensity and double_threads is). If set, it will be applied to every GPU that is found. Of course if you have a gpu_conf set, those settings will be used, insted of this global setting.

+ Some had app crash on job_timeout triggering, i hope i managed to fix it

+ Hashrate watchdog was set to trigger only if user is connected to the pool. Now this is changed, watchdog will monitor GPU'S all the time.

Doktor can you improve one problem that happen if miner crashes and when windows restart if for an reason one gpu is not recognized and if we have set in gpu_conf: (9 gpus, but when restaring only recognizes Cool
The miner wont start, and gives us an error. With that if happen in night when restart at least we hash with 8 gpus. Smiley And when wake up we solve the problem. (restart again hehe)

"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 0, "intensity" : 61, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2}, // Máximo que dá é 63 de intensity no heavy!! a partir de 62 perde performance!!
   { "id" : 1, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2}, // Maximo vega 56 é 57
   { "id" : 2, "intensity" : 61, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 3, "intensity" : 61, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 4, "intensity" : 61, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 5, "intensity" : 61, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 6, "intensity" : 61, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 7, "intensity" : 61, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
   { "id" : 8, "intensity" : 61, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2},
]

Regards
Activity: 158
Merit: 5
Same problem under Server 2008 R2:

[2018-06-22 15:05:58] CryptonightV7 mode enabled
[2018-06-22 15:06:40] DevFee pools loaded
[2018-06-22 15:06:40] DevFee pool SET
[2018-06-22 15:06:40] DevFee address SET

42 sec. to load devfee pools, not firewalled.

@doktor: Maybe you can make this call async? Until then, hardcoded fallback in the first run and "last known good" dev fee pool would be used, basically, you cache the good dev fee pools as soon as you receive them, and use that until the new one is set.

Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
And another one thing - can you add parameter minspeed to miner.
To restart miner if speed lower than minspeed for 5 minutes.

And please, if you change kernels so as in 1.6.1 share optimal settings for most shared cards like 480/580, Vega's, etc...

i cant add it because it already exists a few versions before lol.

im using the hynix strap i posted here+ 1150/2100 settings 54/8/2, i get approx 956hs on 580 8g v7

also i dont have every card and time to test and find best setting for every card. thats what you users do and share with others in this thread.
Oh. sorry about minrig speed. My mistake...

About 54 intensity. Can it be calculated someway? Does it dependent from something?
Activity: 156

And please, if you change kernels so as in 1.6.1 share optimal settings for most shared cards like 480/580, Vega's, etc...

im using the hynix strap i posted here+ 1150/2100 settings 54/8/2, i get approx 956hs on 580 8g v7

also i dont have every card and time to test and find best setting for every card. thats what you users do and share with others in this thread.

You should also mod our bioses for max performance, and set up all of our mining rigs one by one.
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626

Thanks for update, doc!

It's strange, but kernels from older versions didn't work with 1.6.1... Hope 1.6.1 can build fast kernels...

I did some optimisations in ocl kernels, that why old binaries wont work. well if its not fast enough for your taste you can use older versions or whatever is faster.  Smiley
Yes, I can't achieve max speed with new kernel builded by 1.6.1, rolling back to 1.6.0 with kernels created by 1.5.8... Your optimizations have something for 580 cards?

yes i managed to squeeze out +2hs on my 580 8g on v7 . its not much but hey, step by step. Also you are probably talking about heavy algo, let it run for 10 minutes on 1.6.1, i got the +1000hs in 90% of time on it. Still researching why is this happening, but had to push new version  because of the soon forking BitTube coin.
Does new kernel require more vmemory? I noticed that v7 on the same settings that on 1.6.0 drops speed like it's not enough vmemory.
What intensity, worksize and threads you are use for 580 card? For v7 and heavy?
Thanks for update, doc!

It's strange, but kernels from older versions didn't work with 1.6.1... Hope 1.6.1 can build fast kernels...

I did some optimisations in ocl kernels, that why old binaries wont work. well if its not fast enough for your taste you can use older versions or whatever is faster.  Smiley
Yes, I can't achieve max speed with new kernel builded by 1.6.1, rolling back to 1.6.0 with kernels created by 1.5.8... Your optimizations have something for 580 cards?

yes i managed to squeeze out +2hs on my 580 8g on v7 . its not much but hey, step by step. Also you are probably talking about heavy algo, let it run for 10 minutes on 1.6.1, i got the +1000hs in 90% of time on it. Still researching why is this happening, but had to push new version  because of the soon forking BitTube coin.
Thanks for update, doc!

Thanks for update, doc!

I did some optimisations in ocl kernels, that why old binaries wont work. well if its not fast enough for your taste you can use older versions or whatever is faster.  Smiley
Thanks for update, doc!

Activity: 129
Same problem under Server 2008 R2:

[2018-06-22 15:05:58] CryptonightV7 mode enabled
[2018-06-22 15:06:40] DevFee pools loaded
[2018-06-22 15:06:40] DevFee pool SET
[2018-06-22 15:06:40] DevFee address SET

42 sec. to load devfee pools, not firewalled.
V1.6.1
- Changed IPBC/Bittube old algo to new BitTubeV2 algo (from block 110000)
- Max difficulty reconnecting mechanism is now triggering instantly
- Added 'worksize' option in config.txt, that is applied to every GPU (only if not set in gpu_conf)
- Hopefuly fixed a bug with job timeout reconnecting
- Hashrate watchdog now triggers even when user not connected to pool

+ BitTube (former IPBC) forks on block 110.000, and their new algo will be BitTube V2.
You can use the new algo only after they forked, use "cryptonight_type" : "bittubev2". The old IPBC algo has been removed, so until the fork please use the previous version of SRBMiner.

+ Added 'worksize' option in config.txt (use it on top of config.txt , where intensity and double_threads is). If set, it will be applied to every GPU that is found. Of course if you have a gpu_conf set, those settings will be used, insted of this global setting.

+ Some had app crash on job_timeout triggering, i hope i managed to fix it

+ Hashrate watchdog was set to trigger only if user is connected to the pool. Now this is changed, watchdog will monitor GPU'S all the time.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
How to get log file?

add the following to your bat file: --logfile minerlog.txt
Activity: 165
How to get log file?
Activity: 156
Link must be broken, new one https://mega.nz/#!OaYRVJTI!Z5dsgQTfMxlVrn9fNdqdNvG36eIAx4smfpagUxMiM2U. Watchdog has done a failed reset. It didn't mine after that last part so...

this is v 1.5.8, please use latest as maybe the bug you are experiencing is fixed.

Doktor why with versión 1.4.2 nofee i get 67-72 kh/s stellite and with 1.6.0 only 58-70 (miner show 70.5) same pools? A lot of less, not only 0.85%.

Tried 1.4.2 with Kraft and works fine.
Tried 1.6.0 with Kraft and down a lot the hashrate with same settings .

The miner show a bit more hashrate on 1.6.0, but in the pools show a lot less.

1.4.2 imagreedybastard -24 hours average hashrate 67-69kh/s
1.6.0                                  -24 hours average hashrate 60-62kh/s

You must be a magician if you can mine stellite with 1.4.2 version.

Also there is no Kraft coin. There is craft but that's not cryptonight algo.

sorry is Graft. and i have saved the hasrate in old algo stellite with 1.4.2. with the new algo mi hashrate drop 6-8 kh/s in pool, in srbminer shows more

All good here, 1.6.0

Miner avg : 4530 hs
Pool 24h : 4491 hs

https://i.imgur.com/rDcTeZU.jpg
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Activity: 20
what algo for ETN?? Huh
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Hello @doktor83,

I'm trying to use my CPU(Threadripper 1950x) also with SRBMiner v1.6.0 but i got an OpenCL error. I used the default config from the readme file and the --usecpuopencl arg on the command line. I've tried different parameters inside "cpu_conf" but it doesn't want to compile the kernel.
Code:
"cpu_conf" :
[
{ "intensity" : 1, "worksize" : 1, "threads" : 1}
]

The error is like this:

Thank you.

Use JCE CN miner
Activity: 357
Merit: 26
What am I not doing please?
You didn't mention what you're mining. I think "Above target" means the wrong algo, there are 3 cryptonight algos on nicehash (regular, v7 and heavy), and you'd need to select the right one for the port you're aiming your miners at.

Yeah, you're right, it means NH isn't recognising the correct algo. Question is, how do you get the miner to tell NH? I've tried the obvious "normalv7" in config, and "nicehash" true in .bat, but no joy - immediate rejects... Mines XMR@nanopool quite happily on this setting...

NH vork fine with 6*vega56/64 + srbminer 1.6.0 and this option:

V7:
{"pool_use_tls" : false, "pool" : "cryptonightv7.eu.nicehash.com:3363", "wallet" : "adres", "password" : "x", "nicehash" : true, "max_difficulty" : 1700000},

heavy:
{"pool_use_tls" : false, "pool" : "cryptonightv7.eu.nicehash.com:3364", "wallet" : "adres", "password" : "x", "nicehash" : true, "max_difficulty" : 1700000},

and use  config file identical like nano or other algo

U use wrong port ...

Nice one - thanks for the config too - nice and clear.

"intensity" : 112 or 120 , "worksize" : 8 or 16, for v7
"intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 8 for heavy
Jump to: