Pages:
Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 24. (Read 237213 times)

Activity: 64
Merit: 1
Hello, does anyone know the difference b/w ‘normalv4_64‘ and ‘normalv4’ algos?

normalv4 = CN/R
normalv4_64 not in use atm

:-)

Probably (hopefully?) a special kernel for my Vega ‘64’s?
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
anyone knows why my computer uses a tweak a few moments later, often sight out and black screen....help me doc Huh

Its hard to help if you dont provide any information
1) Precompiling program BUS.....
Finished program precompilation BUS...

....infinitely............

2)When the miner starts, it displays a message
Error: Description = Invalid query

What does this mean?

Can you upload a logfile somewhere?
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
1) Precompiling program BUS.....
Finished program precompilation BUS...

....infinitely............

2)When the miner starts, it displays a message
Error: Description = Invalid query

What does this mean?

normalv4 = CN/R
normalv4_64 not in use atm
you suggest changing the intensity?

No, i suggest reading the 1.8.8 release notes Smiley

Code:
No more --gpureorder, device ordering by bus id is now the default/only display mode [NOTE: if you are using gpu_conf or --cgpuid, please run --listdevices to check if you are using the right deviceid!]
oh you mean setup the config file as this examples shows.

I mean your device id's changed and are now ordered by busid, so what was id 3 is now maybe id 2, you should identify your devices with --listdevices , and edit your config according to those device id's.
Activity: 3

Code:
No more --gpureorder, device ordering by bus id is now the default/only display mode [NOTE: if you are using gpu_conf or --cgpuid, please run --listdevices to check if you are using the right deviceid!]
oh you mean setup the config file as this examples shows.
{
"cryptonight_type" : "normalv4",
"intensity" : 0,
"double_threads" : true,
"gpu_conf" :
[
   {
     "id" : 0,
     "intensity" : 112,
     "worksize" : 16,
     "threads" : 2,
     "tweak_profile" : 3
   },
   {
     "id" : 1,
     "intensity" : 112,
     "tweak_profile" : 4
   },
   {
     "id" : 2,
     "intensity" : 111,
     "tweak_profile" : 4
   },
   {
     "id" : 3,
     "intensity" : 110,
     "tweak_profile" : 5
   }

]
}

Code:
V1.8.8
- Reduced CPU usage up to ~50%, can be noticed on algos with small scratchpad
- User is now informed about tweaking status on the screen too, not just in log
- No more --gpureorder, device ordering by bus id is now the default/only display mode
- Added parameter --watchdogrounds , which controls after how many rounds will watchdog trigger
- min_rig_speed_duration default is 1 minute now, because of the new --watchdogrounds parameter
- Fixed a few cosmetical things on web stats

+ If not using 'old_mode', on weak CPU's the cpu usage could go boom on algos with small scratchpad (UPX2, Turtle). In this version i managed to lower the cpu usage up to ~50%.
This also brings a small hashrate increase for RX cards on UPX2 as a side effect Smiley

+ The default (and only) device ordering mode from now on is ascending by bus id, as it is in OverdriveNTool. Parameter --gpureorder is removed.

+ Because of some trouble with gpu/min_rig_speed watchdog and kernel precompilation on CN/R (V4), a new parameter --watchdogrounds was added, so you can control after how many check-rounds will the watchdog trigger.
The GPU crash watchdog has a fixed interval of 30 seconds = 1 round. That means it will trigger miner restart only after --watchdogrounds * 30 sec (default number of rounds is 5).
5 * 30 = 150 sec ~ 2.5 minutes. If gpu crashes and can't recover for 2.5 minutes, the miner will trigger the restart action.

min_rig_speed parameter is also affected by --watchdogrounds from now on. The 'min_rig_speed_duration' parameter default value is now 60 sec, this is the value as the above for the gpu crash watchdog, except that you can change the value of this to anything >= 30 sec.
Taking the default value of 60 seconds and 5 rounds, it is 5 * 60 = 300 sec = 5 minute, that means if for 5 minutes the 'min_rig_speed' < total hashing speed, then it will trigger miner restart.

hi, my vega 64 CN-R algo without tweaking Hashrate dropped from 2040 to 1970 moving from 187 to 188 , same config and same pool file and same coin. interesting is that my vega 56 didnt get affected. Im running low voltage settings on both cards (at the most stable possible setting)

Im running into the same issue. what did you do to fix?

Read back a few posts
V1.8.8
- No more --gpureorder, device ordering by bus id is now the default/only display mode
- Added parameter --watchdogrounds , which controls after how many rounds will watchdog trigger
- min_rig_speed_duration default is 1 minute now, because of the new --watchdogrounds parameter

+ If not using 'old_mode', on weak CPU's the cpu usage could go boom on algos with small scratchpad (UPX2, Turtle). In this version i managed to lower the cpu usage up to ~50%.
This also brings a small hashrate increase for RX cards on UPX2 as a side effect Smiley

+ The default (and only) device ordering mode from now on is ascending by bus id, as it is in OverdriveNTool. Parameter --gpureorder is removed.

+ Because of some trouble with gpu/min_rig_speed watchdog and kernel precompilation on CN/R (V4), a new parameter --watchdogrounds was added, so you can control after how many check-rounds will the watchdog trigger.
The GPU crash watchdog has a fixed interval of 30 seconds = 1 round. That means it will trigger miner restart only after --watchdogrounds * 30 sec (default number of rounds is 5).
5 * 30 = 150 sec ~ 2.5 minutes. If gpu crashes and can't recover for 2.5 minutes, the miner will trigger the restart action.

min_rig_speed parameter is also affected by --watchdogrounds from now on. The 'min_rig_speed_duration' parameter default value is now 60 sec, this is the value as the above for the gpu crash watchdog, except that you can change the value of this to anything >= 30 sec.
Taking the default value of 60 seconds and 5 rounds, it is 5 * 60 = 300 sec = 5 minute, that means if for 5 minutes the 'min_rig_speed' < total hashing speed, then it will trigger miner restart.

hi, my vega 64 CN-R algo without tweaking Hashrate dropped from 2040 to 1970 moving from 187 to 188 , same config and same pool file and same coin. interesting is that my vega 56 didnt get affected. Im running low voltage settings on both cards (at the most stable possible setting)

Im running into the same issue. what did you do to fix?

Read back a few posts
V1.8.8

+ The default (and only) device ordering mode from noo win 10 is ascending by bus id, as it is in OverdriveNTool. Parameter --gpureorder is removed.

Im running into the same issue. what did you do to fix?    the vega's start up at 2190 k/h and then within 10 minutes it drops to 1950 k/h and runs hot but stable at that hashrate. 
19.4. drivers win 10  Vega 64  1.8.8 SRBminer.
p7 1100 900  P7 1400 900
twr tool  Beta4

19   28  12  5
44 12 12 12
3 3 4
6 4 9
3 2 1 3
3 2 1 3
1 18
8 15
8 10 10
160 7
8 2 8
19 5 14 1
. Anyone see something wrong w these numbers on why it's not holding 2200?

Activity: 195
Merit: 4
For the life of me, I cannot get 1.8.8 to run on any algo.... Whenever I hit H or S, I get nothing... Very slow response times... Compute Errors and GPU Crashes. I've tried on CN-GPU and CN-HOSP.

I'm using command line to run the miner, as I always have... Did something change here that I missed? 1.8.6 runs fine.

--ccryptonighttype hospital --cpool [Server]:[Port] --cwallet [User] --cpassword [Password] --apienable

Which gpu's and driver?

I can't remmber which exact GPU I have 580/590 in this rig.... driver is 19.4.1

Other algos worked... I know WOW did fine... but for wow I had all the jazz added to the command line with the device id, intensity level, threads.
Hello, anyone know why I’m seeing this message (in light grey) after the miner been running for a while (not just right after startup)?

“Precompiling program [Bus...”
“Program finished precompiling [Bus...”

Huh

Win10 / Vega64 / v1.8.8 / Monero

Its all good, just thar from 1.8.8 user can see these messages, before it wasnt displayed.

Ok, thank you. I switched pools at the same time I upgraded to v1.8.8, so wasn’t sure what was going on.
Hello, anyone know why I’m seeing this message (in light grey) after the miner been running for a while (not just right after startup)?

Huh

Its all good, just thar from 1.8.8 user can see these messages, before it wasnt displayed.

Huh

For the life of me, I cannot get 1.8.8 to run on any algo.... Whenever I hit H or S, I get nothing... Very slow response times... Compute Errors and GPU Crashes. I've tried on CN-GPU and CN-HOSP.

I'm using command line to run the miner, as I always have... Did something change here that I missed? 1.8.6 runs fine.

--ccryptonighttype hospital --cpool [Server]:[Port] --cwallet [User] --cpassword [Password] --apienable

Which gpu's and driver?
Activity: 195
Merit: 4

Activity: 23
Merit: 3
here are pics:

http://shrani.si/f/3s/2/8u1uY3v/187.png

http://shrani.si/f/I/7s/rW4cFxE/188.png

i dont use resetvega parameter and all settings are the same , i dont use start.bat at all, just running .exe file

now i noticed even vega 56 is affected.

Swap the intensities in 1.8.8 in gpu_conf, so :

id:1 = intensity 112
id:0 = intensity 122

You should be all back to normal Smiley

Check the post above yours

perfect, it works fine now, thanks Smiley
here are pics:

http://shrani.si/f/3s/2/8u1uY3v/187.png

http://shrani.si/f/I/7s/rW4cFxE/188.png

i dont use resetvega parameter and all settings are the same , i dont use start.bat at all, just running .exe file

now i noticed even vega 56 is affected.

Swap the intensities in 1.8.8 in gpu_conf, so :

id:1 = intensity 112
id:0 = intensity 122

You should be all back to normal Smiley

Check the post above yours
Pages:
Jump to: