Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 246. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
When I use the function enable and disable vega card, I get the following error: cl_out_of_host_memory when creating clCreateCommandQueue for DeviceID 0 (Thread 0) , does somebody has any idea?

usually it is virtual memory allocation for me when i get that error
Activity: 46
On AMD 18.5.1 driver on 1803 Windows 10 x64 my RX 580 recognized by SRB miner as R9 200 series [Ellesmere] and every launch build new kernels... It's abnormal. I think, you must update miner to support new drivers, doctor...
By the word, all Claymore's miners detects my cards right on 18.5.1...

And I still can't understand, why every lounch of SRB miner speed is different from each other... To reach max speed it's need to launch SRB several times without any changes in config or something else...
Cards is RX 580 8Gb.

Are you mining Heavy?  If that's the case then the behavior is existent on multiple cards.
Yes, heavy. But case is not in cars. Case is in miner.

I get similar behavior on xmr-stak on Heavy.  

xmr stak, gateless gate also have this 'problem'.
Maybe this means the 'problem' is in the algo, not in miners? Smiley
What about compiling kernels every launching?

possibly something to do with read/write permissions for the miner, cause video driver has nothing to do with this, and 1804 v is working fine as someone wrote.
And yeah, if 18.5.1 recognises RX580 as R9 then its a really f**ked up driver, something really buggy there.
Yes claymore shows ok probably sees "Ellesmere XT" ah ok that is 480/580 lol

I use latest driver 18.5.1 on my 6 Vega56 rig and SRB 1.5.6. No issue at all. Vega is recognized as RX Vega (GFX900), no different with previous SRB version and driver version.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
Anyone here still mining with the good old Radeon 7970 and R9 280X GPUs.

Wondering what the most optimized intensity would be to set. So far using 2 thread causes entire system to freeze up. But looks like the intensity and work size could be adjusted.

With Claymore I get like 600hs with the Tahitis wondering if I can get more speed with this software?

I tried on 7950, CN Heavy (XHV) = 300 h/s

Yes I got more or less the same whether its a 7970 or a 280X. Pretty much Pitcairns also got a similiar speed.

I tried increasing the threads and got an instant freeze and also tried to increase the intensity and got a speed of 0H/s.

Its too bad because CN on the old Tahitis is very power efficient and better than mining ZEC even if the profits aren't as good.
Activity: 158
Merit: 5
GPU_CONF Help

Trying to set double threads on 8-10 of 12 RX580  I cant set all 12 due to not enough Vmem I already have an 8XRX580 rig running on double threads and Avg 8.12 khs.  12 card running only single thread only getting 9.6khs so I want to run as many as i can on double thread to maximize hash.  A bigger ssd would work also but only have the 120gb and have v mem at 72gb
I am using Awesome miner
I havent been able to get any GPU_conf to work only intensity and doublethreads true or false soon as I try setting each card miner dont start.  Any help much appreciated.

{
  "cryptonight_type": "heavy",
  "intensity": 63,
  "double_threads": false,
  "api_enabled": true,
  "api_port": 4028
"gpu_conf" :
[
{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 62, "double_threads" : false},
{ "id" : 1, "intensity" : 62, "double_threads" : false},
{ "id" : 2, "intensity" : 62, "double_threads" : false},
{ "id" : 3, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 4, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 5, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 6, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 7, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 8, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 9, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 10, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 11, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true}
]
}

Thanks

Funny thing.. I have 13 cards and I was at the Virtual Mem limit, so I bought *today* an HDD (sdd / hdd does not matter in performance for vmem used by miners)..

So I immediately jumped at 60 intensity which everybody were happily using.. Miner crashed..
Set down to 58, some gpu's don't work..
Set down to 54 (restarting between each setting as the miner cannot start once you have a crashed gpu due to intensity..) and volia, it worked, adding a respectable 400mh/s total over the 51 intensity setting (which was set by auto), and cards running using a about 7100 MB memory, not shabby, out of 8MB that's good.. And 95MB vmem was used, so this was not possible with my SSD.

I restarted miner a couple of times and it worked.

So I decided to push for 55.. Sheit. Problem with a few gpu's again... Without hesitation, downloaded the latest SRB, 1.5.6, maybe it fixed something.. It did not work either.

But this time, I can't do 54, which I was able to before!  This, no matter how many restarts and clean boots I did :\

Went back to 52. 53 even did not work. I bought a hard disk for a +1 intensity change :\ (Using double threads though..)

I too would like to hear from you people...

Edit: Back to auto setting, 51 :\ 51 seems to be the only stable setting for me and that's when I set it to auto. (It somehow is problematic when I set 51 manually! Why could that be... That's very odd, maybe the auto setting tingles some parts that prevent the GPU from crashing in mem-allocation???)
Activity: 61
Merit: 2
GPU_CONF Help

Trying to set double threads on 8-10 of 12 RX580  I cant set all 12 due to not enough Vmem I already have an 8XRX580 rig running on double threads and Avg 8.12 khs.  12 card running only single thread only getting 9.6khs so I want to run as many as i can on double thread to maximize hash.  A bigger ssd would work also but only have the 120gb and have v mem at 72gb
I am using Awesome miner
I havent been able to get any GPU_conf to work only intensity and doublethreads true or false soon as I try setting each card miner dont start.  Any help much appreciated.

{
  "cryptonight_type": "heavy",
  "intensity": 63,
  "double_threads": false,
  "api_enabled": true,
  "api_port": 4028
"gpu_conf" :
[
{ "id" : 0, "intensity" : 62, "double_threads" : false},
{ "id" : 1, "intensity" : 62, "double_threads" : false},
{ "id" : 2, "intensity" : 62, "double_threads" : false},
{ "id" : 3, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 4, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 5, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 6, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 7, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 8, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 9, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 10, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true},
{ "id" : 11, "intensity" : 0, "double_threads" : true}
]
}

Thanks
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
On AMD 18.5.1 driver on 1803 Windows 10 x64 my RX 580 recognized by SRB miner as R9 200 series [Ellesmere] and every launch build new kernels... It's abnormal. I think, you must update miner to support new drivers, doctor...
By the word, all Claymore's miners detects my cards right on 18.5.1...

And I still can't understand, why every lounch of SRB miner speed is different from each other... To reach max speed it's need to launch SRB several times without any changes in config or something else...
Cards is RX 580 8Gb.

Are you mining Heavy?  If that's the case then the behavior is existent on multiple cards.
Yes, heavy. But case is not in cars. Case is in miner.

I get similar behavior on xmr-stak on Heavy.  

xmr stak, gateless gate also have this 'problem'.
Maybe this means the 'problem' is in the algo, not in miners? Smiley
What about compiling kernels every launching?

possibly something to do with read/write permissions for the miner, cause video driver has nothing to do with this, and 1804 v is working fine as someone wrote.
And yeah, if 18.5.1 recognises RX580 as R9 then its a really f**ked up driver, something really buggy there.
Yes claymore shows ok probably sees "Ellesmere XT" ah ok that is 480/580 lol
Hey Doktor

I was using the miner with adrenalin 17.x.1 version which month i don't remember exactly and ADL wasn't working. I upgraded the driver with adrenalin 18.5.1 and ADL problem is solved. Maybe you can add this as known issues. Keep up with good work. Regards.

i think you can use it even on 17.x drivers since i added support for Overdrive5. But i did not test this lol  Grin

I did not tried that one too Smiley I am using OverdriveNtool btw.

that's ok , its a great tool to set your clocks and undervolt.

Version of overdrive can be set in gpu_conf for every card separately :

"adl_type" :
1-OverdriveN
2-Overdrive5

"gpu_conf" :
[
   { "id" : 0, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2, "adl_type" : 1},
   { "id" : 1, "intensity" : 0, "worksize" : 8, "threads" : 2, "adl_type" : 2}
]

When I use the function enable and disable vega card, I get the following error: cl_out_of_host_memory when creating clCreateCommandQueue for DeviceID 0 (Thread 0) , does somebody has any idea?

Make sure you have this in start.bat at top :

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 1
setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
setx GPU_MAX_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_MAX_SINGLE_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

Also try other video driver, for ex. 18.3.4
Activity: 33
Hey Doktor

I was using the miner with adrenalin 17.x.1 version which month i don't remember exactly and ADL wasn't working. I upgraded the driver with adrenalin 18.5.1 and ADL problem is solved. Maybe you can add this as known issues. Keep up with good work. Regards.

i think you can use it even on 17.x drivers since i added support for Overdrive5. But i did not test this lol  Grin

I did not tried that one too Smiley I am using OverdriveNtool btw.
how do i properly use this command? "restart_devices_on_startup_script" :

i inserted in the config.txt like this

"restart_devices_on_startup_script" : Run_OverdriveNTool.bat,

miner goes to start then kills itself.

also anyway to control enable/ disable on which Vega's. Not sure if its the card or the riser, but one of my Vega's cant handle the disable/enable with out crashing the whole OS.

TIA

Anyone?

"restart_devices_on_startup" : IF TRUE IT WILL USE DEVCON TO DISABLE/ENABLE EVERY VEGA GPU IN YOUR MACHINE BEFORE MINING STARTS
"restart_devices_on_startup_script" : FILENAME, THIS SCRIPT RUNS AFTER VEGA GPU ENABLE/DISABLE PROCESS, GOOD FOR SETTING UP OVERCLOCKING

so first you have to set "restart_devices_on_startup" : true, then "restart_devices_on_startup_script" : Run_OverdriveNTool.bat, where Run_OverdriveNTool.bat is in miner dir.

You can disable/enable every vega at once, no option to do this card by card.

Thank you Sir! Love your Miner! learned about it from Geek Mark, switched all my rigs to it! also getting my friends to switch too! thank you for the assistance an continued development of the software!

Thanks Smiley
Unfortunately i dont have a Vega card, but lot of folks here do, so im sure if you have any vega specific questions, they will help you!
Hey Doktor

Activity: 9
Activity: 33
Hey Doktor

Activity: 37

also anyway to control enable/ disable on which Vega's. Not sure if its the card or the riser, but one of my Vega's cant handle the disable/enable with out crashing the whole OS.

TIA

Anyone?

"restart_devices_on_startup" : IF TRUE IT WILL USE DEVCON TO DISABLE/ENABLE EVERY VEGA GPU IN YOUR MACHINE BEFORE MINING STARTS
"restart_devices_on_startup_script" : FILENAME, THIS SCRIPT RUNS AFTER VEGA GPU ENABLE/DISABLE PROCESS, GOOD FOR SETTING UP OVERCLOCKING

so first you have to set "restart_devices_on_startup" : true, then "restart_devices_on_startup_script" : Run_OverdriveNTool.bat, where Run_OverdriveNTool.bat is in miner dir.

Thank you Sir! Love your Miner! learned about it from Geek Mark, switched all my rigs to it! also getting my friends to switch too! thank you for the assistance an continued development of the software!
I would like more freedom for SRBMiner user in watchdog's events or pools'events by bat files. Please allow users to take actions on watchdog's events from bat files themselves.

"reboot_script" parameter is what you are looking for.
Readme.txt or first page of this thread.

TIA

Anyone?

Activity: 37

TIA

Anyone?
Activity: 103
anyone got a good clocks and intensity for
Hynix 580 4GB and 580 Special Edition Micron?

cannot seem to get over 850h/s

https://preview.ibb.co/cdXBsd/Sem_t_tulo.jpg

HELP MEEEEE !!!! ?

I use on my RX 480 8G:

{ "id" : 0, "intensity" :56, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2, "target_temperature" : 60},
{ "id" : 1, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2, "target_temperature" : 58},
{ "id" : 2, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2, "target_temperature" : 55}

and it gives me more 1000H/s

https://preview.ibb.co/fxxQky/1.jpg
the maximum I get is that with 40 in intensity

dude are you retarded? he wrote int 56 not 40...thats a huge difference...and anyway hashrate depends on more than that settings...memory timings, clocks, volting

Sorry ! but my cards do not make it to 56 just 40!

blockchain drivers?
Activity: 3
anyone got a good clocks and intensity for
Hynix 580 4GB and 580 Special Edition Micron?

cannot seem to get over 850h/s

https://preview.ibb.co/cdXBsd/Sem_t_tulo.jpg

HELP MEEEEE !!!! ?

I use on my RX 480 8G:

{ "id" : 0, "intensity" :56, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2, "target_temperature" : 60},
{ "id" : 1, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2, "target_temperature" : 58},
{ "id" : 2, "intensity" : 56, "worksize" : 16, "threads" : 2, "target_temperature" : 55}

and it gives me more 1000H/s

https://preview.ibb.co/fxxQky/1.jpg
the maximum I get is that with 40 in intensity

dude are you retarded? he wrote int 56 not 40...thats a huge difference...and anyway hashrate depends on more than that settings...memory timings, clocks, volting

Sorry ! but my cards do not make it to 56 just 40!
Activity: 38
is it 16 or 8 worksize for a 4GB card?
Jump to: