Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 261. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 158
Merit: 5
Another bug report for Pool.txt reload (actually related to my previous bug report)

When reloading pools.txt, SRB miner reports the connected pool as the first pool in pools.txt, even if you are mining on the others.

Now, reload does not disconnect from the currently connected pool, and that's awesome, please do not change that behaviour. I use pools.txt to do coin switching, so I may be naturally mining on the 2nd or 3rd pool etc etc., they are not backup pools.

A delayed pool switch or an immediate pool switch to specific pool is also still a welcome addition, to avoid unnecessary connections and loss of hash Wink

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Cryptonight lite v1 hashrat rx 470 4gb Huh?
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
AEON new algo is from block 962600 ~ 1 jun 2018 , get ready  Wink
Activity: 176
Merit: 2
Thanks. Any plans of integrating something a bit easier on the eyes into SRBMiner?
+1 Network error/stale shares/error compute same as castxmr.

I guess i have to put this on the wishlist too Smiley

is it possible to implement fastjobswitch option also like castxmr?

its possible but i don't want to, that just discards some shares that could possibly be accepted.

I understand it will discards some shares that could possibly be accepted, but I did compare before with and without that option in cast xmr using nanopool, in long term with that option got more shares accepted. I don't really understand also with nanopool but if you don't use that option using cast xmr you will get more outdated job.
anyway that is just an option so user will freely used it or not depend on their needed. but if you decided not to implemented then it's your choice also.
Thanks. Any plans of integrating something a bit easier on the eyes into SRBMiner?

its possible but i don't want to, that just discards some shares that could possibly be accepted.

[...]
+ If you want to use only one pool, or it's important for you to define a pool thru command line, not in pools.txt, you can do it now. Example:

SRBMiner-CN.exe --config config.txt --cpool pool:port --cwallet yourwallet --cpassword yourpassword
[...]

This option is working great. I can finally start miner with a parameter and also add pools and wallets to environment variables. Thanks!
Few hundred rigs just received new software Smiley

I know i'm pushing my luck, but if content of config.txt could also be used as a parameter then i would be totally fulfilled.

Wow, thanks a lot  Grin
Activity: 417
Any IDEA how automate ON HBC memory on vega?

ON start rig automatic:
1.disable and enable all card (devcon.exe disable "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_687F")
2.Run OverdriveNTool.exe (OverdriveNTool.exe -r1 -r2 -r3 -p1profile1 -p2profile1 -p3profile1)
3. start srbminer

but HBC not work and HR is 1300 not 1500 on hevy adn i must stop miner  start srminer  intesity 60 close miner and start miner 56 intensity.

Any IDEA?

SOLVED

1-devcon.exe disable "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_687F" (disable all vega)
2-devcon.exe enable "PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_687F" (enable all vega)
2-OverdriveNTool.exe -r1 -r2 -r3 -p1profile1 -p2profile1 -p3profile1
3-start resetHBC.bat (start miner with reset.config and 60 intesity)
timeout 60 (wait start reset.bat and kill reset.bat miner)
4-taskkill /F /IM "SRBMiner-CN.exe" (kill miner)
5- start srbminer.bat ( with intensity 56)
end
Activity: 41
Guys, how is the latest driver 18.4.1 faring compared to 18.3.4 using SRBminer?

I didn't realise the major Windows update would flatten the display drivers (f***ing Microsoft). I now have the choice between putting my previous driver on or use the latest.

Any experiences to share?

EDIT: oh well, what the hell, went with the new driver and... no big change in hashrate.
Good driver 18.4.1 with SRBMiner 1.5.2
RX 570 4GB Elpida V7Normal intensity 58, w8, T2  1022H/S
http://prntscr.com/jkqhp6

Could you please share your MOD?
For Elpida cclock=1252MHZ mclock=2040MHZ
777000000000000022AA1C00AC615B3CA0550F142C8C1506006004007C041420CA8980A9020004C 01712262B612B3715

How much core voltage and Memory voltage?
thank you.

Activity: 14
oh too soon, it gives invalid results Sad
flash bios 6950 to 6970 and use this config; 360 h/s xmr-stak drivers 14.4

// gpu: Cayman memory:1663
  // compute units: 24
  { "index" : 1,
    "intensity" : 874, "worksize" : 19,
    "affine_to_cpu" : false, "strided_index" : 1, "mem_chunk" : 2,
    "comp_mode" : true
  },

Who Did u get the good bios I've 2 VTX 6950 and 1 Gigabyte iv'e try To flash with 4 different 6979 bios at reboot card bip ! I've try this method
https://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/159

Thx
Activity: 14
I've got 3x 6950, I've try kernel1, 2,3, 4 and i didn't get more than 210-220 h/s. @840/1250 intensity 25 worksize 8

Did u get more with those old cards? (stable)
I've try To flash 6950 To 6970 but the card bip and won't Boot.
2 VTX 6950
1 Gigabyte 6950
Someone flash successful wich bios is ok ?
Guy's could u share your config ?
Activity: 11
Guys, how is the latest driver 18.4.1 faring compared to 18.3.4 using SRBminer?

I didn't realise the major Windows update would flatten the display drivers (f***ing Microsoft). I now have the choice between putting my previous driver on or use the latest.

Any experiences to share?

EDIT: oh well, what the hell, went with the new driver and... no big change in hashrate.
Good driver 18.4.1 with SRBMiner 1.5.2
RX 570 4GB Elpida V7Normal intensity 58, w8, T2  1022H/S
http://prntscr.com/jkqhp6

Could you please share your MOD?
For Elpida cclock=1252MHZ mclock=2040MHZ
First timeng for Elpida from Mind163 ....B3715 https://forum.bits.media/index.php?/topic/38510-eth-xmr%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B3%D0%B8rx470480570580-%D0%BE%D0%BF%D1%82%D0%B8%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%B8%D1%80%D0%BE%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5-%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B3%D0%B8-%D0%B8-%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%84%D0%B8%D0%B3%D0%B8-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%B4-%D0%BC%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%80%D1%8B/
doktor83 in one of the recent patches you disabled the restart gpu on startup option for all gpus except Vega, but it is also required for the R9 Fury.

I have found that if I do anything on my pc that requires GPU access (editing, 3d and games) after I am done, if i start the miner up again my hash rate is ~30% lower, but if i disable the GPU and re-enable it, hash rate returns to full speed.

Put this in .bat before miner :

devcon.exe restart =Display
Activity: 113
Merit: 1
Activity: 143
Merit: 10
Good job doktor. Lots of updates.

One of the things that has stopped me from using it over xmr-stak is the web interface when checking for hashrates via browser. In xmr-stak it is very easy to read, it shows errors in detail, like which gpu caused the error or if it was a network error etc. All in a pleasant to the eye interface.

Do this for your and you will have another user Wink

User vitalyoff made a dashboard in HTML+JS, you can check it out here :

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.36587137

1.Enable API in config.txt
2.Copy the code you need (1,2 or 3 rigs) in notepad, save it with .html extension from the link above
3.Edit this html to fit your needs (Rig frienly name, miner API IP and port)

Activity: 33
doktor83 in one of the recent patches you disabled the restart gpu on startup option for all gpus except Vega, but it is also required for the R9 Fury.

I have found that if I do anything on my pc that requires GPU access (editing, 3d and games) after I am done, if i start the miner up again my hash rate is ~30% lower, but if i disable the GPU and re-enable it, hash rate returns to full speed.
Activity: 15
Hmm. This is weird. Just reinstalled Win10 fresh, removed compiled kernels and launched the SRBMiner but now it reports both cards as Vega  Roll Eyes

GPU0: Radeon RX Vega [Ellesmere] [8192 MB][Intensity 52.0][W: 8][T: 2][K: 1][BUS: 6]
GPU1: Radeon RX Vega [gfx900] [8176 MB][Intensity 111.0][W: 16][T: 2][K: 1][BUS: 11]

This is Vega 56 + RX580 setup. Even used DDU to remove stock drivers before installing latests.

Even compiled kernel files looks like this https://i.imgur.com/n1IJgwp.jpg

EDIT: Even more weird. I can only see RX580 with HWiNFO.
EDIT2: Forgot to put Compute mode on for RX580. Haven't tried without it so didn't know it would work like that in graphics mode.
EDIT3: After I rebooted, both showed up as Vega again even in this compute mode but this time speeds are decent and I can see both in HWiNFO. Re-ticking Compute mode makes them both get recognized again.
I use RX 580 8G PowerColor Vram Samsung near 1100 h/s.

Very wonderful. Thanks so much!

please share your wattman config, and config txt.....

he is running a very high coreclock with high power consumption, there is no other way to get this speed with a rx 580 with any miner/config

Samsung can reach more than 1100 h/s easily with cclock 1250/900 mclock 2100/900 intensity 54.
Activity: 113
Merit: 1
it looks to me that you were not logged to a pool, so there was no job for the GPU to work on, that's why it was 0 hash, it was not working on any job.
In that case it wasn't a crash, thats why watchdog did not restart miner. The question now is why it did not connect to a pool so long. Is that sg.haven.miner.rocks having a lot of problems?
Might be my network since a cable was cut on the Pacific. Usually, my ping is 100+ now it's 200+. Anyways thanks for the miner!

this gave me an idea i could implement something that reconnects to a pool if gpu is not working on a job let's say for 10 minutes. Although it should try to reconnect and reconnect and reconnect to a pool until it succeeds. Don't know why it did not try in your case. Did this situation happen only one time ?
Yeah, have been mining smoothly before. It did succeded reconnecting tho after disconnecting from dev pool? Cant tell if the pool blocked me so I cant reconnect? I've set my reconnect time to 10 seconds now instead of 5.
Jump to: