Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 274. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
Is it possible to use SSL with this miner?

yes, it supports ssl protocol (just see first page of thread)
Anybody has radeon 270x? What is best value for intensity?
I have 270X 4Gb. On SRB old version (1.4.x) I can get max speed. On latest versions speed slower 5-10%.
Best speed I have got on my 270X 4Gb is on Claymore 11.3 fee-free with -h460 and -dmem 1 options. It's gives speed higher than max speed that SRB gives on 5-10 h/s.

and what about ggs? thats your favorite miner no?
Activity: 935
Merit: 1001
I don't always drink...
How can i setup API to monitor my rig through url.

Super noob here, please provide step by step guide anyone.

btw great job Dok!, super stable miner.

thanks

in your config.txt file make sure you have something like this:

"api_enabled" : true,
"api_rig_name" : "RX4708GB",
"api_port" : 4444,

of course you can change the rig name and port number.

from another workstation in your LAN you use the IP address of your rig followed by the port, so something like this:

where 192.168.1.100 is the address of your miner.

If you want to access from the internet you may have to open up the port 4444 on your router.
Activity: 363
Merit: 16
Just started mining heavy algo for the first time on one of my rigs (RX 570).
Used to have ~950h/s per card on normalv7, now ~725h/s on heavy. Can somebody confirm this is about right? I set intensity to 0 to start with (had it set at 56 on normalv7 but that crashed almost instantly on heavy - what approximate value should I set it at in heavy mode? Half that?).
Heavy doubles the thread size, so you can:
- halve the intensity and keep 2 threads
or
- Keep intensity (or increase a little) and disable 2 threads

Here the best results are at 60 intensity and just one thread. At 1230/2020 I can reach 775~785H/s in my RX570 4GB 4GB Elpida.

hello,

used Cast_XMR for heavy and "only" got 680hs with my RX 570(stable last 24h)

now i tried SRBMiner and got 750hs with 60 intensity, 8 worksize and 1 Thread - but the miner crashed and card resets after 5 minutes. HWInfo dont show Meory errors or anything else - any idea whats the problem?
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

HD7850 2GB (analog 265) cc1010MHz, mc1245MHZ - SRB 476H/s intensity 26 Cryptonight: normalv7
p/s (bios modding timeng)
Activity: 41
Merit: 2
Is it possible to use SSL with this miner?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Used to have ~950h/s per card on normalv7, now ~725h/s on heavy. Can somebody confirm this is about right? I set intensity to 0 to start with (had it set at 56 on normalv7 but that crashed almost instantly on heavy - what approximate value should I set it at in heavy mode? Half that?).

4gb cards?  if so 20-25% reduction in hashrates.  It's 59 for me, single thread.  CN-Heavy doesn't like dual thread for 4gb cards (performance is lower than single thread)
8gb cards actually got a boost in hashrate by 5-10%
Aha - so I am using double threads. I'll try single threads and revert to previous intensity, see what happens (4GB cards indeed). Thanks.

Would I keep double threads and half intensity for Vega64 cards?
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Heavy doubles the thread size, so you can:
- halve the intensity and keep 2 threads
or
- Keep intensity (or increase a little) and disable 2 threads

Here the best results are at 60 intensity and just one thread. At 1230/2020 I can reach 775~785H/s in my RX570 4GB 4GB Elpida.
Activity: 9
I have 270X 4Gb. On SRB old version (1.4.x) I can get max speed. On latest versions speed slower 5-10%.
Best speed I have got on my 270X 4Gb is on Claymore 11.3 fee-free with -h460 and -dmem 1 options. It's gives speed higher than max speed that SRB gives on 5-10 h/s.
What's your hashrate in srb?
Mine is 370, and 355 on claymore 11.3.
But on old cryptonight protocol i had about 437 h/s without any overclocking.
P.S. 2GB version
Activity: 729
Merit: 114

4gb cards?  if so 20-25% reduction in hashrates.  It's 59 for me, single thread.  CN-Heavy doesn't like dual thread for 4gb cards (performance is lower than single thread)
8gb cards actually got a boost in hashrate by 5-10%
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Activity: 14
How can i setup API to monitor my rig through url.

Super noob here, please provide step by step guide anyone.

btw great job Dok!, super stable miner.

thanks
Activity: 7
when I'm mining in HEAVY mode I have 1100 hash per GPU

But in NORMAL-V7 only 950, is it normal? or do I get the same hash in both algorithms?

double_threads = true (in both)

automatic intensity

Can someone help me?
Activity: 21
My 390 is getting 650hs with sbrminer. How can I boost the hash rate? Running at 1100 core,  1530 mem
Activity: 158
Merit: 5
Doktor, what can you say about the random hash rate?

SRB does get the best hashrate, and I even managed 1000 mh/s for all my cards, in one run, but what happens is this:
e.g. Sometimes, GPU0 gives 920h/s, sometimes the same gpu, just by restarting miner, gives 1000 mh/s, but then some other card, e.g. GPU5 which gave 1000mh/s, may (or may not) do 920-940 mh/s.. The total may vary +/- 800 mh/s, and it doesn't change much during the run (it gets stabilized in a few minutes, stays that way)

Sometimes a gpu gets 0 hashrate, I restart, it fails on compilation phase. I use XMR-Stak to get it working back, switch back to SRB and it begins working (SRB cannot get it unstuck however many restarts!)

this is true only for heavy algo, and i haven't look into it yet. What error do you get when the kernel compile fails? And what do you mean by using xmr stak to get it back working?

For example, I start a run, and 1 or 2 gpu's produce 0 hashes, and this is warned in the console. I quit without waiting.. Start again, the first gpu which produced 0 hashrate cannot get past the compile, it just hangs, no errors. When this happens, the gpu never gets past the compile phase with SRB. I then run XMR-Stak, GPU is working, and I go back to SRB, the GPU passes compile and starts working, sort of like XMR-Stak gets it unstuck, maybe it does something different when initializing GPU's.

try lowering the intensity by 2-3 when it gets stuck, and try running it like that. But the problem is interesting anyways. Can you send me a log containing all of this?

Sure:
Log For Doktor

You can search for "hesido" where I added comments. There's not much meat though, it just hangs. Here you won't see retrying and stucking again becasue I either restarted after XMR-Stak or rebooted. You can also see the wildly varying hashrates for the same gpu's.

Activity: 33
Auto intensity for the R9FuryX seems a bit high, defaults to 59 for Heavy, 118 for V7, hash rate is significantly better when its set to 50/100

Any higher or lower and hash rates start to drop again.
it's 99%:
i bolded what is missing ( closing ] at the end)

{
"pools" :
[

{"pool_use_tls" : false, "keepalive" : false, "pool" : "xmr-eu1.nanopool.org:14444", "wallet" : "4Hm3YrYNgczRAP7jbGCZ7vA8XwbBR8DWMU7Bm9FKZqjxQXPBcwMP1kDbK3ntBSdt2c6TmLCPiMSXa39 uBiEBwkg4FUv8hdFDxqBKBCMUAT.SBR", "password" : "x"},
   {"pool_use_tls" : false, "keepalive" : false, "pool" : "xmr-eu2.nanopool.org:14444", "wallet" : "4Hm3YrYNgczRAP7jbGCZ7vA8XwbBR8DWMU7Bm9FKZqjxQXPBcwMP1kDbK3ntBSdt2c6TmLCPiMSXa39 uBiEBwkg4FUv8hdFDxqBKBCMUAT.SBR", "password" : "x"}
]
}
Indeed.Thanks for the notice
Doktor, what can you say about the random hash rate?

SRB does get the best hashrate, and I even managed 1000 mh/s for all my cards, in one run, but what happens is this:
e.g. Sometimes, GPU0 gives 920h/s, sometimes the same gpu, just by restarting miner, gives 1000 mh/s, but then some other card, e.g. GPU5 which gave 1000mh/s, may (or may not) do 920-940 mh/s.. The total may vary +/- 800 mh/s, and it doesn't change much during the run (it gets stabilized in a few minutes, stays that way)

Sometimes a gpu gets 0 hashrate, I restart, it fails on compilation phase. I use XMR-Stak to get it working back, switch back to SRB and it begins working (SRB cannot get it unstuck however many restarts!)

this is true only for heavy algo, and i haven't look into it yet. What error do you get when the kernel compile fails? And what do you mean by using xmr stak to get it back working?

For example, I start a run, and 1 or 2 gpu's produce 0 hashes, and this is warned in the console. I quit without waiting.. Start again, the first gpu which produced 0 hashrate cannot get past the compile, it just hangs, no errors. When this happens, the gpu never gets past the compile phase with SRB. I then run XMR-Stak, GPU is working, and I go back to SRB, the GPU passes compile and starts working, sort of like XMR-Stak gets it unstuck, maybe it does something different when initializing GPU's.

try lowering the intensity by 2-3 when it gets stuck, and try running it like that. But the problem is interesting anyways. Can you send me a log containing all of this?
Jump to: