Author

Topic: SRBMiner Cryptonight AMD GPU Miner V1.9.3 - native algo switching - page 270. (Read 237247 times)

Activity: 156
Merit: 0
has anyone tried this:

all cards are running, the hashrate for each card are different, but the fan speed and temp of the cards are the same

likely all cards are reporting the fan speed and temp of the card 0.

Not really. Temp is 59-60  i set target temperature to 59.

https://ibb.co/eK19ad
Activity: 13
Why has the speed of hashing dropped dramatically in recent versions?

Why lower the default intensity for some cards?

return it as it was)

Default intensity (when left on 0) really was lowered for some cards, because some users reported that the auto intensity is setting them too high values , so their gpu's crashed.
All you have to do now is to set intensity by hand, which i think it's not too hard to do.
Thank you, yes, all is well, manually set the intensity and everything is on top, thanks! Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 104
Is it possible to start SRBMiner while not using config.txt and pools.txt like for example sgminer? Something like: "SRBMiner -pool -user -i -threads and so on. Can this be done?

like you can do in claymore? is that what you're talking about?
Activity: 120
Merit: 10
Is it possible to start SRBMiner while not using config.txt and pools.txt like for example sgminer? Something like: "SRBMiner -pool -user -i -threads and so on. Can this be done?
Great question, I asked it much earlier and developer said that this will be done in some of next versions, but it looks like that this option of one simple bat file isn't implemented yet, or...? It would be much easier to optimize this madness of cryptonote sub algos...  Smiley
Activity: 5
@doktor83,

Why does my 8 GB GPU seems a little bit slow than a 4GB using artocash algo ?

here's the screenshoot.

https://imgur.com/a/LVdE84X

All GPU are RX580  with setting auto_intensify: 0 and double thread: true

4 GB can reach 950-960 H/s meanwhile 8GB only 810-820 H/s

8 GB is micron and 4 GB is samsung all with 1200/875 and 2025/875 overclock setting.
Activity: 21
Anyone ever got this error?

[2018-05-13 00:26:37] What? A debugger or a hex editor? No way.

After this, SRBMiner just restarts.

Been pretty much fine though, 2 days running 10 vegas on CN heavy, 1450h/s 875 mem and 1430 core clock.

Know what it means?
I got this when I was running a debugger to look at a Windows crash dump while mining. check your windows processes if you see this again and see if there's something out of the ordinary.
Activity: 18

return it as it was)

If you are using the default intensity... You are doing this all wrong. Learn how to optimize your rig..
Activity: 428
Merit: 250
Inactivity: 8963
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626

return it as it was)

Default intensity (when left on 0) really was lowered for some cards, because some users reported that the auto intensity is setting them too high values , so their gpu's crashed.
All you have to do now is to set intensity by hand, which i think it's not too hard to do.
Activity: 13

return it as it was)
Activity: 189
Merit: 10
i have 2 vega64 and 2 rx580 nitro+ se. how to setup for artocash? intensty etc.
vega64 - 1550 h
rx580 - 840 h
Activity: 24
I've just tested all new Cryptonight algorithms Alloy, Arto and IPBC in accordance to hashrate drop.
No, there is NO PROBLEM there for all type of cards (4gb, 8gb).
These algorithms work rock stable from the beginning of SRB. No need to fire up GPU-Z.
I think it is wrong gpu numbers in warning message if using gpu reorder. In my case warning say that GPU1 hashing speed is 0, but statistic say that GPU3 speed is 0
https://ibb.co/mzczQd

eagle eye, thanks for noticing  Grin
Another problem I noticed is that there is no "total" hashrate line when disabling a gpu.
This reminded me previous post with its screenshot.

indeed, fix coming in next version Smiley
Another problem I noticed is that there is no "total" hashrate line when disabling a gpu.
This reminded me previous post with its screenshot.
legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
If started with Vegas miner does not create cached compiled kernels.
Each start it compiles kernels again. Only zero-sized file with name '687F' is created.

Anyone else got this problem with Vegas ?
Yes, have this issue with my 3 Vegas on aug blockchain drivers. Also your miner seems to be unstable with vega and blockchain and heavy-algo. V7 is running fine, better than cast-xmr
Activity: 34
I think it is wrong gpu numbers in warning message if using gpu reorder. In my case warning say that GPU1 hashing speed is 0, but statistic say that GPU3 speed is 0
https://ibb.co/mzczQd
Interesting, all that gpu-z does (or it should do Cheesy) is to run a few opencl queries, and some monitoring stuff. But who knows.
I tried that suggestion to fire up gpu-z and it should improve hash on 580 8g cards on heavy, but that is not the case here.

Here's an idea for you guys that gpu-z helps: try running --listdevices in a new console window while the miner is running in an other.
So , do a :

SRBMiner-CN.exe --listdevices
This does some opencl queries, maybe some of those that help pumping the hashrate ? Smiley

I will try this next time.

However, unlike istr says, in my environment, keeping gpu-z open is actually good! Turns out it protects from hashrate drop, and unlike him, I do not go through each and every one of them to achieve the full speed, sorry to complicate things a bit, but that's the case with me!

Sorry Doktor,

but your suggestion doesn't work at least for me. It does nothing at all in hashrate improvement as does GPU-Z.
Sorry, but this is the case.
Activity: 12
Each start it compiles kernels again. Only zero-sized file with name '687F' is created.

Yes,
Same here with 4 Vegas.
That's not an issue for me as I almost never restart the miner.
Best CN miner ever!
Keep up the good work Smiley

Edit: I use V7 algo and blockchain drivers
Activity: 35

Yes I have that issue as well - mentioned it a few pages back (couldn't see .srb files in miner directory with Vegas and blockchain drivers).
Jump to: