Pages:
Author

Topic: SRBMiner-MULTI GPU & CPU Miner 0.9.4 - page 25. (Read 42979 times)

Activity: 315
Merit: 0
September 29, 2021, 09:25:13 AM
@Doktor83, another one question - why tweaking not work for RX550/560 on windows 7?

GPU0 : radeon_rx550_550_series               [gfx804       ][MEM:  4096 MB][CU:  8][BUS: 01]
GPU1 : radeon_rx_560_series                  [baffin       ][MEM:  4096 MB][CU: 16][BUS: 03]

======================================================================
SRBMiner-MULTI 0.8.0

Press 's' to display stats
Press 'h' to display hashrate
Press 'p' to switch to the next pool
Press 'o' to switch to the previous pool
Press 0-9 to disable/enable GPU 0-9, shift+0-9 for GPU 10-19
======================================================================

Algorithm/s         : etchash [0.65% fee]
Gpu mining          : enabled
Cpu mining          : disabled
Gpu tweaking        : disabled
Gpu watchdog        : enabled

[2021-09-29 16:22:38] Gpu tweaking disabled
Activity: 315
Merit: 0
September 22, 2021, 09:26:05 AM
Hi @Doktor83, can you compile sources for armV7/V8 (at least cpu algos)?
Activity: 729
Merit: 114
September 21, 2021, 12:29:32 AM
If I run the miner in admin for msr_tweaks I started getting "NAUGHTY3" as response.  What is this?

It means opencl.dll is in miner's run path, and it shouldn't be there.
So if you have an opencl.dll in miner folder, delete it.

Might be also that when you run it as admin the default run path is windows/system32, where this file normally resides.

wasn't in miner directory but opencl.dll is present in wndows/system32. I thought this was a normal case?

IT's normal that the file is there, but it's not normal that when you run an app as admin it uses windows/system32 as runpath, and not the app's folder.
Maybe it depends on how you run it as admin, i never had this issue when testing on various machines, but someone reported and this is how we figured out the system32 thing.

Try changing dir (cd) in .bat to miner folder before it invokes the .exe

I will see if i can do something to fix this behaviour though.

So the behavior started without any user related changes. the only thing that happened in between was Windows update.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
September 19, 2021, 07:12:34 AM
I have noticed a problem with version 0.8.0. I am getting a lot of LAG if I am browsing when mining, especialy if I watch any YT at the time. With version 0.7.3 it is fine.

You forgot to tell which GPU and which algorithm ?

It looks like issue is on 6800XT (Ethash).
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
September 19, 2021, 01:29:04 AM
If I run the miner in admin for msr_tweaks I started getting "NAUGHTY3" as response.  What is this?

Might be also that when you run it as admin the default run path is windows/system32, where this file normally resides.

wasn't in miner directory but opencl.dll is present in wndows/system32. I thought this was a normal case?

IT's normal that the file is there, but it's not normal that when you run an app as admin it uses windows/system32 as runpath, and not the app's folder.
Maybe it depends on how you run it as admin, i never had this issue when testing on various machines, but someone reported and this is how we figured out the system32 thing.

Try changing dir (cd) in .bat to miner folder before it invokes the .exe

I will see if i can do something to fix this behaviour though.
September 19, 2021, 01:19:35 AM
I have noticed a problem with version 0.8.0. I am getting a lot of LAG if I am browsing when mining, especialy if I watch any YT at the time. With version 0.7.3 it is fine.

You forgot to tell which GPU and which algorithm ?
September 19, 2021, 01:13:17 AM

Activity: 238
Merit: 3
September 18, 2021, 01:51:40 PM
September 18, 2021, 04:16:35 AM

September 18, 2021, 02:23:57 AM
If I run the miner in admin for msr_tweaks I started getting "NAUGHTY3" as response.  What is this?
September 13, 2021, 12:30:11 AM
Is SRBMiner-MULTI latest version supposed to be working on good old R9 280x cards? I see they are in the supported devices list, however any attempt to mine 'autolycos2' crashes the system badly, sometimes to the point where only hardware reset helps.

Tried to run it on HiveOS, both on a single card, and a bunch of them - no way, the miner works for some time, with extremely low hashrate on some cards, and with zero hash on others, then system freezes. The 'lolminer' works however (more or less stably), so its not rig issue... I just read somewhere SRBMiner should be better for those older cards, especially given the fact they are in supported device list...

Have you tried to manually tune the --gpu-intensity parameter? Or anything else beside just starting the miner with the default settings?

Yep, sure, I did. Tried to run it with "--gpu-intensity 0", "--gpu-intensity 10", "--gpu-intensity 5", "--gpu-auto-tune 0", "--gpu-auto-tune 1"... No luck. First of all, it doesn't seem to pick up the intensity value I give it, while also doesn't completely ignore the parameter: if I don't set --gpu-intensity, the log shows intensity value of 32 takes effect; while when I set "--gpu-intensity 0", instead of 0 some other (higher than zero) parameter is used; when I set it to 5, I can see it is actually set as 17. Weird.
As to "--gpu-auto-tune", it looks like when normal tuning procedure is started, it never ends - it works for some minutes, until GPU freezes.

Though I did make some experiments, but didn't do too much of them (probably up to 10-15 attempts with different parameter combinations), because the rigs are remote, almost every such experiment brings it to hangup state, while my remote hardware reset procedure is somewhat complicated, so I just did experiments until my patience was exhausted... Then I came here to ask Smiley

For that gpu a --gpu-intensity 22 for example should be ok. I don't have  such an old card, so i couldn't test. But why isn't it 'picking up' the intensity value you set, i have no idea.
Btw auto tune parameter values : 0-disabled, 1-normal, 2-fast

Try --gpu-intensity 0 --gpu-auto-tune 2 , might do something useful. But if the intensity parameter isn't applied then there's not much use.
legendary
Merit: 1073
September 12, 2021, 09:19:19 AM
Is SRBMiner-MULTI latest version supposed to be working on good old R9 280x cards? I see they are in the supported devices list, however any attempt to mine 'autolycos2' crashes the system badly, sometimes to the point where only hardware reset helps.

Tried to run it on HiveOS, both on a single card, and a bunch of them - no way, the miner works for some time, with extremely low hashrate on some cards, and with zero hash on others, then system freezes. The 'lolminer' works however (more or less stably), so its not rig issue... I just read somewhere SRBMiner should be better for those older cards, especially given the fact they are in supported device list...

Have you tried to manually tune the --gpu-intensity parameter? Or anything else beside just starting the miner with the default settings?

Yep, sure, I did. Tried to run it with "--gpu-intensity 0", "--gpu-intensity 10", "--gpu-intensity 5", "--gpu-auto-tune 0", "--gpu-auto-tune 1"... No luck. First of all, it doesn't seem to pick up the intensity value I give it, while also doesn't completely ignore the parameter: if I don't set --gpu-intensity, the log shows intensity value of 32 takes effect; while when I set "--gpu-intensity 0", instead of 0 some other (higher than zero) parameter is used; when I set it to 5, I can see it is actually set as 17. Weird.
As to "--gpu-auto-tune", it looks like when normal tuning procedure is started, it never ends - it works for some minutes, until GPU freezes.

Though I did make some experiments, but didn't do too much of them (probably up to 10-15 attempts with different parameter combinations), because the rigs are remote, almost every such experiment brings it to hangup state, while my remote hardware reset procedure is somewhat complicated, so I just did experiments until my patience was exhausted... Then I came here to ask Smiley
September 12, 2021, 12:20:41 AM

legendary
Merit: 1073
September 11, 2021, 05:15:14 PM

Activity: 325
Merit: 42
September 10, 2021, 06:02:39 AM
Xmrig-cpu was just xmrig renamed, lol

I'm using Pop!_OS 21.04.

I'm not running with sudo.

Take it you have done the following tweaks allready.

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="msr.allow_writes=on" in /etc/default/grub and update-grub.
As normally msr writes are not allowed. Also need to have msr-tools installed as well.

To boost xmrig get the following script from the xmrig/scripts directory on github:
randomx_boost.sh and and maybe enable_1gb_pages.sh run them as root or w/sudo.
In the config.json file change "rdmsr": true, and "wrmsr": true, both to false

and then you can run xmrig as user otherwise you won't benefit as most tweaks you need to run xmrig under root w/sudo.

Same actually counts for SRBMiner-MULTI and not only those miners but practically all miners.
Activity: 677
Merit: 500
September 09, 2021, 05:38:50 PM
Xmrig-cpu was just xmrig renamed, lol

I'm using Pop!_OS 21.04.

I'm not running with sudo.
Activity: 325
Merit: 42
September 08, 2021, 07:07:18 PM
Does this fix the miner from completely exiting out of a bash script?  I'm still having this issue.  Been using a different miner until this is fixed.

Can you try it in a script yourself to verify the behavior and debug to find out why this is happening though?  I am not a developer so I have no idea how to find out why this happens.

Im not sure i can fix anything for you. Miner on SIGINT or SIGBREAK does a cleanup, shutdown and exits to shell, it's up to you what you do in your script after that.
Mining distros like Hiveos, Mmpos, etc have no issues with the shutdown procedure...

And you will prob. now say but other miners work normally [this is what people usually say].

I have no idea why it would be different for different miners (or any application). The application has no control over the script
that called it, all it can do is exit and let bash take over from there.

Are there any differences in the script or the bash environment. Are there any other differences in behaviour like console messages?

I don't know why it behaves this way either.  It doesn't happen with other miners such as t-rex, ccminer, or even your own cpuminer-opt.

I don't know much about Linux as I'm just starting to learn it.  I'm carrying a lot of command line experience from my DOS days.

Do you run the script as a user or with sudo?
In your script put set -x under $!/bin/bash start it from the terminal it shows you what happens with the script. Also instead of using xmrig-cpu (which is not actively maintained anymore) use xmrig https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig as that is the latest official one.

Forgot to ask which distro?
September 08, 2021, 01:13:38 AM
Does this fix the miner from completely exiting out of a bash script?  I'm still having this issue.  Been using a different miner until this is fixed.

Can you try it in a script yourself to verify the behavior and debug to find out why this is happening though?  I am not a developer so I have no idea how to find out why this happens.

Im not sure i can fix anything for you. Miner on SIGINT or SIGBREAK does a cleanup, shutdown and exits to shell, it's up to you what you do in your script after that.
Mining distros like Hiveos, Mmpos, etc have no issues with the shutdown procedure...

And you will prob. now say but other miners work normally [this is what people usually say].

I have no idea why it would be different for different miners (or any application). The application has no control over the script

Are there any differences in the script or the bash environment. Are there any other differences in behaviour like console messages?

I don't know why it behaves this way either.  It doesn't happen with other miners such as t-rex, ccminer, or even your own cpuminer-opt.

I don't know much about Linux as I'm just starting to learn it.  I'm carrying a lot of command line experience from my DOS days.
Activity: 1397
Merit: 221
September 05, 2021, 12:22:23 PM

Can you try it in a script yourself to verify the behavior and debug to find out why this is happening though?  I am not a developer so I have no idea how to find out why this happens.

September 05, 2021, 10:34:51 AM

Pages:
Jump to: