Pages:
Author

Topic: SRBMiner-MULTI GPU & CPU Miner 0.9.4 - page 26. (Read 42979 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
September 03, 2021, 01:32:52 AM
Does this fix the miner from completely exiting out of a bash script?  I'm still having this issue.  Been using a different miner until this is fixed.

Im not sure i can fix anything for you. Miner on SIGINT or SIGBREAK does a cleanup, shutdown and exits to shell, it's up to you what you do in your script after that.
Mining distros like Hiveos, Mmpos, etc have no issues with the shutdown procedure...

And you will prob. now say but other miners work normally [this is what people usually say].
Activity: 677
Merit: 500
September 02, 2021, 03:52:22 PM
V0.8.0
+ Added algorithm 'randomgrft' (GRFT - Graft coin) for CPU mining, fee 0.85%
+ Performance increase on 'ethash' algorithm for RX6800/6900 GPU's
+ Performance increase on 'etchash' algorithm for RX6800/6900 GPU's
+ Performance increase on 'ubqhash' algorithm for RX6800/6900 GPU's
+ Performance increase on 'verthash' algorithm for RX6800/6900 GPU's
+ Performance increase on 'heavyhash' algorithm for RX6800/6900 GPU's
+ Performance increase on 'autolykos2' algorithm on ZEN2+ AMD CPU's (up to ~90%) (*)
+ Fixed 'cryptonight_gpu' algorithm for RDNA/RDNA2 GPU's
+ Fixed 'cryptonight_xhv' algorithm for RDNA/RDNA2 GPU's
+ Added GPU power consumption details to stats & api
+ Decreased time needed for algorithm switch when using --multi-algorithm-job-mode 3 with cpu mining
+ Minor bug fixes

* - might apply to other AVX2 CPU's too - not tested

Does this fix the miner from completely exiting out of a bash script?  I'm still having this issue.  Been using a different miner until this is fixed.
August 26, 2021, 12:07:58 AM
V0.8.0
+ Performance increase on 'autolykos2' algorithm on ZEN2+ AMD CPU's (up to ~90%) (*)
+ Decreased time needed for algorithm switch when using --multi-algorithm-job-mode 3 with cpu mining
+ Minor bug fixes

for navi cards -- ethash  080 bad
                                    078 best

Specifically which one? RX5700 ?
August 25, 2021, 06:50:45 AM
V0.8.0
+ Minor bug fixes

August 22, 2021, 08:51:30 AM
Do you wish to add support for 4000G or 5000G iGPU in the Miner?

list-gpu-devices says and lists the device but the Actual miner application just ignored it when trying to use it.

Said no Suitable GPU devices found?

Not something you wish to add? I was just curious what kind of performance one could get but could not start to even test.

I don't have a ryzen with an integrated gpu so i can't do much here.

Do you need a device ID or something to add it in the code?

I presume you have a list of approved GPU's or something for the miner to allow?

Yeah, but you assume that its enough to allow a codename, and it will magically work Smiley

You need sku specific optimization/code and such to be done? Bummer.
It's supposed to be "VEGA", so was guessing it shouldn't have been too much work to do a test. But it's work, nonetheless.

Will not bother to ask you more about it.
I don't expect them to be any performance killers either.

i could allow those codenames and set them to use gfx900 kernels for example, but i can't test it if it works. might work, who knows.
And if it works, it would probably still be better if it was optimised specifically for that GPU, and not just use the gfx900 ones.
Activity: 133
Merit: 5
August 22, 2021, 06:18:19 AM

list-gpu-devices says and lists the device but the Actual miner application just ignored it when trying to use it.

Not something you wish to add? I was just curious what kind of performance one could get but could not start to even test.

I presume you have a list of approved GPU's or something for the miner to allow?

Yeah, but you assume that its enough to allow a codename, and it will magically work Smiley

You need sku specific optimization/code and such to be done? Bummer.
It's supposed to be "VEGA", so was guessing it shouldn't have been too much work to do a test. But it's work, nonetheless.

Will not bother to ask you more about it.
I don't expect them to be any performance killers either.
August 22, 2021, 06:05:16 AM

August 22, 2021, 06:00:57 AM

August 19, 2021, 08:08:17 AM
I already do a sleep 1.  Do I need 2 seconds?

Did you get it to run in a terminal with the suggestions?

Try different sleep settings to see if it works. It also depends what cpu/mem you have in other words the faster your system is the longer sleep you might need.

I tried it with longer sleep (up to 10 seconds) same issue...just exits out of the script as soon as it self terminates.

Can you give sample of the script you use? Just in case it twixes my mind what it may be?  Smiley

Unlike the other miners, when you CTRL+C to break, SRBMiner just dunps you back to the shell prompt rather than going to the next line.  The other miners will go to the next line after you break.

Code:
#!/bin/bash

sudo sysctl -w vm.nr_hugepages=1280

whoknows=0
while [ $whoknows -le 1 ]
do
    sleep 2
    ./SRBMiner-MULTI --give-up-limit 0 --disable-gpu --algorithm scryptn2 --pool stratum+tcp://scryptn2.na.mine.zpool.ca:4339 --wallet xxxx --password myrigname --cpu-threads 8

sleep 2
    ./SRBMiner-MULTI --give-up-limit 0 --disable-gpu --algorithm Rx2 --pool stratum+tcp://rx2.mine.zergpool.com:8335 --nicehash true --send-stales true --api-enable --api-port 4068  --wallet xxx --password myrigname --cpu-threads 8

sleep 2
    ./SRBMiner-MULTI --give-up-limit 0 --disable-gpu --algorithm curve --pool stratum+tcp://curvehash.na.mine.zergpool.com:3343 --wallet xxxx --password myrigname --cpu-threads 8

sleep 2
    ./xmrig-cpu -r 0 -a cn/upx2 -o stratum+tcp://cryptonight_upx.na.mine.zergpool.com:4457 -u xxxx -p myrigname -t 8

sleep 2
    ./xmrig-cpu -r 0 -a rx/0 -o stratum+tcp://randomx.na.mine.zergpool.com:4453 -u xxxx -p myrigname -t 8

sleep 2
    ./cpuminer-opt-sse2 -r 0 -a yescrypt -o stratum+tcp://yescrypt.na.mine.zergpool.com:6233 -u xxxx -p myrigname --cpu-affinity AAAA --cpu-priority 5 -t 8

done
echo Loop ended.
August 18, 2021, 04:48:09 AM

Activity: 325
Merit: 42
August 16, 2021, 08:05:15 AM

Try different sleep settings to see if it works. It also depends what cpu/mem you have in other words the faster your system is the longer sleep you might need.

I tried it with longer sleep (up to 10 seconds) same issue...just exits out of the script as soon as it self terminates.

Can you give sample of the script you use? Just in case it twixes my mind what it may be?  Smiley
August 16, 2021, 07:58:01 AM

Activity: 103
Merit: 0
August 16, 2021, 05:13:11 AM
Hello) I can't start mining ERGO with my CPU(( Any tips for .bat file to help me start? Thanks in advance)
August 14, 2021, 06:50:53 AM
Can someone drop me information about SRB miner on Vega 56 cards? Any performance boosts over team red miner? Pls drop hashrate if any available someone said this SRBMINER is better for AMD cards than other miners

Hashrate for which algorithm? There are 30 gpu mineable algorithms in SRBMiner-Multi.
Also don't be so lazy, test it yourself, it takes maximum 10 minutes.
Ethereum hashrate I meant, I'm not lazy I'm just looking into the performance of SRBminer over others, even if I test what about timing? OC settings? We can be using the same GPU and you getting better hashrate than me because you can tune your GPU well

Set your OC and timings, then run miner 1 for 5 minutes. Write down hashrate. Then with same OC and timing settings run miner 2 for 5 minutes. Write down hashrate. Compare hashrates Smiley
This is why my recommendation was to test yourself, because as you said 'We can be using the same GPU and you getting better hashrate than me because you can tune your GPU well'

Some people have issues with miner1, while not with miner2. But some have it the other way around. Hard to know which one works better for you.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
August 14, 2021, 06:15:44 AM
Can someone drop me information about SRB miner on Vega 56 cards? Any performance boosts over team red miner? Pls drop hashrate if any available someone said this SRBMINER is better for AMD cards than other miners

Hashrate for which algorithm? There are 30 gpu mineable algorithms in SRBMiner-Multi.
Ethereum hashrate I meant, I'm not lazy I'm just looking into the performance of SRBminer over others, even if I test what about timing? OC settings? We can be using the same GPU and you getting better hashrate than me because you can tune your GPU well
August 14, 2021, 06:01:02 AM

Activity: 280
Merit: 11
August 14, 2021, 05:47:17 AM
August 13, 2021, 07:02:04 PM

Activity: 69
Merit: 0
August 12, 2021, 09:14:43 AM
what is recommended driver version for this miner to use with vega56/64 on eth (win10)?
Activity: 325
Merit: 42
August 12, 2021, 08:08:00 AM

Pages:
Jump to: