Pages:
Author

Topic: SRBMiner-MULTI GPU & CPU Miner 0.9.4 - page 50. (Read 42239 times)

Activity: 703
Merit: 272
February 12, 2020, 10:12:00 PM
V0.3.2

+ Added algorithm 'bl2bsha3' (Handshake (HNS) coin - 6block.com pool only)
+ RandomX fixes
+ Added '--gpu-platform' parameter to cmd config, and 'gpu_platform' to configuration files to force opencl platform
+ Added '--randomx-use-1gb-pages' parameter to config, whiche enables 1GB sized page files if supported by CPU
+ When reading pools or algorithms configuration file, if invalid entry found it will be just skipped

- Jump on mining HNS before the FPGA's do! Fee is 3% atm.

Are you working on adding support for Navi?
Activity: 2422
Merit: 625
February 12, 2020, 01:33:33 PM
V0.3.2

+ Added algorithm 'bl2bsha3' (Handshake (HNS) coin - 6block.com pool only)
+ RandomX fixes
+ Added '--gpu-platform' parameter to cmd config, and 'gpu_platform' to configuration files to force opencl platform
+ Added '--randomx-use-1gb-pages' parameter to config, whiche enables 1GB sized page files if supported by CPU
+ When reading pools or algorithms configuration file, if invalid entry found it will be just skipped

- Jump on mining HNS before the FPGA's do! Fee is 3% atm.
Activity: 68
Merit: 1
February 05, 2020, 03:45:02 AM
Can you look in the log on the line that says 'CPU extension' ?

edit:
think i get it, you must have an amd cpu, there's no double main loop for it. So that's why you need to run x2 threads. So probably running 2 instances of miner solves this ?

My processor is 3.7 GHz Intel i5-9600K with 9 MB L3 cache, 256 kB L2 cache, 32 kB L1 cache and 6 cores with no HyperThreading. Log says it supports ASM and AES.
Activity: 346
Merit: 23
January 22, 2020, 03:25:42 PM
SRBMiner 0.3.0 and 0.3.1 have very low performance when mining Talleo compared to xmrig and xmr-stak. When SRBMiner starts up, it overrides thread count specified on command-line, so it doesn't use correct number of threads. My processor doesn't support HyperThreading, but mining Talleo requires twice the number of cores for thread count as it has very small scratchpad size. For example 12 threads for 6 physical cores. Both xmr-stak and xmrig allow using multiple threads per physical core, but 2 threads per core is maximum usable for my processor.

True, you can't use more threads than you have processing units in SRB. If this is the case what you say than starting two instances of SRB should solve this, but my guess is it won't.
I have a 4 core i5, and running 4+4 threads in separate instances is not helping, hashrate get's divided so at the end i have same hashrate as with 4 threads in one miner instance.

Also when setting the config in xmrig to :

Code:
"cn-pico": [[2, 0], [2, 1], [2, 2], [2, 3]]

It says : threads 4/4 (Cool (my cpu has 4 cores / no ht), and hashrate is ~ same as in SRB with 4 threads.

Also tried

Code:
"cn-pico": [[2, 0], [2, 1], [2, 2], [2, 3], [2, 0], [2, 1], [2, 2], [2, 3]]

That is : threads 8/8 (16)

Hashrate is same as with first config.

I can't make it hash with much better performance, maybe im not doing something good?

Can you look in the log on the line that says 'CPU extension' ?

edit:
think i get it, you must have an amd cpu, there's no double main loop for it. So that's why you need to run x2 threads. So probably running 2 instances of miner solves this ?
Activity: 68
January 22, 2020, 02:20:20 PM
SRBMiner 0.3.0 and 0.3.1 have very low performance when mining Talleo compared to xmrig and xmr-stak. When SRBMiner starts up, it overrides thread count specified on command-line, so it doesn't use correct number of threads. My processor doesn't support HyperThreading, but mining Talleo requires twice the number of cores for thread count as it has very small scratchpad size. For example 12 threads for 6 physical cores. Both xmr-stak and xmrig allow using multiple threads per physical core, but 2 threads per core is maximum usable for my processor.
January 22, 2020, 02:02:28 PM
i dont understand the question, and the quote. Totally unrelated.
Activity: 236
January 22, 2020, 01:24:52 PM
Code:
New network launch

-MBCs (MicroBitcoin) which haven't been moved since hardfork will be burned. (There is approximately 2,700,000 BTC activated so far from the 525,001 block)
-Locking up the 50% of the premined contributors' MicroBitcoin. (Almost 5,000,000,000 MBC will be technically locked up until 2021.)
-Maximum Supply will be almost 61,000,000,000 MBC. It will be different according to the snapshot amount.
-Reward for first block of new network will be changed from 12,500 MBC to 5,500 MBC. And reward for each new block will be calculated using the function in the document below.
-To make network more reliable, prevent block spamming and create better fee market, block size will be decreased to 300kb.
-New PoW lgorithm - modified YesPower (sha256 replaced with blake2b)

You can read more about new network in following this post https://mbc.wiki/d/31-new-network-launch

Your new miner for rainforestv2 algorithm was perfect. But there is an update on the MBC.
Will you support the new algorithm for MicroBitcoin ?

Yes, i will. CPU miner will be ready, for GPU part i am not even sure that there will be one, as yespower is GPU unfriendly Smiley
What do you think mining RandomX coins with RagerX which can increase hashrate about 10%? Is it make sense.
January 22, 2020, 06:22:48 AM
V0.3.1

+ Fixed ERROR 0x4002

Just a small fix, for some of you who were getting this error. Hopefully it is now fixed.
January 20, 2020, 11:47:33 AM
V0.3.0

+ First version for Linux (Tested on Ubuntu 18.04)
+ Removed RandomV (MoneroV) algorithm
+ Added 'defyx' algorithm (Scala)
+ Added 'yespoweritc' algorithm (Intercoin)
+ Added 'cryptonight_catalans' algorithm (CatalansCoin)
+ Added 'cryptonight_talleo' algorithm (Talleo)
+ --randomx-use-tweaks accepts now values from 0-4, [ 0 - Intel, 0,1,2,3,4 - AMD ]
+ Added parameter 'worker' to pools config and cmd parameters -> defines worker name for RPC2
+ a lot of bug fixes

Finally a version for linux users too!
Still lacks a few options (like gpu temp etc monitoring), but it will be implemented.
I am expecting a lot of bugs, so if you have any bug reports don't hesitate Smiley

Defyx is ~100% faster than XLARig  Roll Eyes

Also for users who have issues with MSR mods + older Ryzens, try adding this to cmd :

Code:
--randomx-use-tweaks 0134
Activity: 346
Merit: 23
January 18, 2020, 05:05:00 PM
when CUDA support?
Activity: 150
Merit: 0
January 02, 2020, 07:54:39 PM
Hey dok , how about defyx algo ? its cpu minable  Huh
Activity: 661
Merit: 250
December 30, 2019, 11:15:37 AM
No proxy.
But we are just losing our time with this, bbc is just like a big joke ...
December 30, 2019, 01:50:31 AM
Are you using some kind of a local proxy?

Edit: probably solved, one of the devfee pools could cause the trouble. Let's wait and see if it happens again.
December 29, 2019, 11:49:49 PM
I'm curious to know how you try to detect that !?

I'm doing nothing, miner switch between 3 pools because of pool problems.
The 3 pools are the same, only the port change.

EDIT1
Using bbc01.bbcpool.io

EDIT2
Same on another rig Sad

And from what I see in my logs, miners have not been restarted in this period.
Activity: 69
Merit: 5
December 27, 2019, 05:42:36 PM
hi Doktor!

I'm back to your miner. Used to mine with GPU and SRBMiner.

Now GPU mine ETH, but i try CPU Core i3 8100 with multi randomx, (autoconfig) and have resulted with 1920 H/s on average.

Is it ok result for this cpu and algo, and is it some better profitable coin for cpu mining?

Please advice me, stuck with cryptonight algo coins for years, never look any other algo...

Keep up a good work!

txs
December 26, 2019, 12:16:15 PM
Hi dok, any possible work on cn/bbc ? https://github.com/bigbangcore
December 19, 2019, 11:34:20 AM
V0.2.0

+ Added RandomV algorithm (MoneroV)
+ Added --randomx-use-tweaks , to select the MSR tweak/s to apply
+ Added RandomX tweak support for Intel Core2 processors

About --randomx-use-tweaks

If miner starts crashing, or creates bad results after enabling the extra tweaks, you can try the '--randomx-use-tweaks' parameter, where you can define which tweak/s you want to enable.
Without this option miner enables all available tweaks (same as --randomx-use-tweaks 0123 for AMD, --randomx-use-tweaks 0 for Intel) , but with '--randomx-use-tweaks' you can define which ones you want to use.

There are at the moment :
Intel - 1 tweak
Amd - 4 tweaks

Index starts from 0, so you have 0 1 2 3 for options on AMD.

Here's an example :

+ Use tweaks number 0 and 3 (dont use 1 and 2)

Code:
SRBMiner-MULTI.exe --algorithm randomx --pool your-pool-here --wallet your-wallet-here --password your-password-here --randomx-use-tweaks 03

The order of tweaks doesn't matter, so writing 03 is same as 30.

What you should do is to find which tweak, or combination of tweaks, makes the problems.
You should try enabling tweaks one by one, and test to see if miner runs stable with one tweak, and if it does, test the next one etc.
Luckily there are not so many combinations for you try (because 0123 is for example same as 3021 or 1302.. )

So start with :
Code:
SRBMiner-MULTI.exe --algorithm randomx --pool your-pool-here --wallet your-wallet-here --password your-password-here --randomx-use-tweaks 0

If it runs without crashing for some time, try the next one :

Code:
SRBMiner-MULTI.exe --algorithm randomx --pool your-pool-here --wallet your-wallet-here --password your-password-here --randomx-use-tweaks 1

and so on, until you find the one that makes the trouble.

Then try combining tweaks to find a combination that works for you.
December 16, 2019, 06:51:07 PM
V0.1.9 beta

+ Added RandomSFX algorithm (SafexCash)
+ RandomX algorithm/s improvements
+ Added RandomX algorithm/s extra tweak that can increase hashrate
+ Added parameter --disable-randomx-tweaks
+ Fixed K12 algorithm
+ --cpu-priority now affects main process too (not just worker threads)
+ default --cpu-priority is now 2 (below normal)
+ bug fixes
+ added license text to readme for RandomX and WinRing0

- Added RandomSFX for SafexCash mining

- Following the trends : MSR registers values editing to control hw prefetching. Just run miner with administrator privileges, it should detect & set things automatically. RandomX algorithms only.
A big thanks to Sech1 and others who found this nice tweak.

- If you dont want to use the RandomX tweaking, run miner without administrator privileges or add --disable-randomx-tweaks to your start.bat
Pages:
Jump to: