Pages:
Author

Topic: SRBPolaris V3.5 - BIOS editor for AMD RX4XX and RX5XX cards - page 2. (Read 124981 times)

Activity: 2058
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation

I want to mine cryptonight algoritm wit 11 x RX460 4GB.
Should I unlock shaders first and save the bios file. Then open the saved bios and pimp my straps ?
Activity: 81
Merit: 0
Ok.
I have done this with PimpMyStraps only button and memory reduced Voltage to 950mV.
My cards (mixed rx570 and rx580) worjing like a charm with settings 1150/2000 or 2050 on some cards, i have ~30-30.4MH/s per card...
Enough for me.

TNX
legendary
Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028
NEED SOME BEGINNER HELP:

- How to simply patch my Sapphire Pulse RX 570 4GB (Hynix chips) cards BIOS?

- Do i need to simply push "PIMP MY STRAPS" button or to "PIMP MY STRAPS" and after that to push button "Strap 1500 to upper" ?!?!?
- Do i need to lower down Mem voltage from 1000mV to 900 or 925 or 950mV ?!?!?

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?

TNX

P.S. 'Oće li poBogu neko da posavetuje?!!!

I WAS AS PUZZLED AS YOU ONCE--

Check my "How-To" post one page before this.  Here is the link:

LINK-- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.43193869

It should be enough to get you started.  Check out my Notebook for other "How-To" posts.       --scryptr

Activity: 81
NEED SOME BEGINNER HELP:

- How to simply patch my Sapphire Pulse RX 570 4GB (Hynix chips) cards BIOS?

- Do i need to simply push "PIMP MY STRAPS" button or to "PIMP MY STRAPS" and after that to push button "Strap 1500 to upper" ?!?!?
- Do i need to lower down Mem voltage from 1000mV to 900 or 925 or 950mV ?!?!?

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?

TNX

P.S. 'Oće li poBogu neko da posavetuje?!!!
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
for some reason when i change the default clock speed in the powerplay tab, after i save the bios and flash it.. windows wont install drivers.. code 43.
any ideas?

these cards arent signed.. so its not that.

im trying to OC the card in the bios so i dont have to run any 3rd part programs.

Which cards?

a couple asus strix RX 480, i have the 580 bios in it running at 1411, but one will only do around 1380 stable. not for mining for gaming.

i want to edit the bios to make the speed 1380 so they both match, it seems crossfire wont enable unless each card has the same clock, and i want to make the fan curve more aggressive. ill try that patch.

i have to say one thing i noticed playing around with this program at least for my cards is the fan is set to max out at 2100 rpm.. even if the card is at 80c. thats only like 50% fan.

by default the bios would rather throttle the clocks instead of raising the fan speed..

ok so strange thing happened, i edited the bios and the only thing i changed was the max fan speed.. it was 2100 and i set it to 3800.. but now when i play a game, it cranks the fan to 100% even if the card is below 40c.
the fan shouldnt be on unless the card hits 55c on this model.

is this a bug in the software or something else?
Activity: 1558
Merit: 69
for some reason when i change the default clock speed in the powerplay tab, after i save the bios and flash it.. windows wont install drivers.. code 43.
any ideas?

im trying to OC the card in the bios so i dont have to run any 3rd part programs.

Roll Eyes amd pixelclock patcher

if you flash your bios you must use this patcher that the amd driver can recognize your card. old and often discussed.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 318
any ideas?

Which cards?
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
any ideas?

Activity: 137
Latest and last ver. : V3.5

- Removed donation so no more waiting
- Added support for a few more cards
- This is the last version, happy modding

Is this based on latest Polaris 1.6.7?
Activity: 2520
Merit: 626
Latest and last ver. : V3.5

- Removed donation so no more waiting
- Added support for a few more cards
- This is the last version, happy modding
legendary
Activity: 1793
Merit: 1028
FOLLOW-UP WITH RX 460--

I finally started putting my RX 460 cards back into use.  On setting up the rig and placing 1 Sapphire 4GB Nitro RX 460 (Micron memory) in the 16X slot, I booted into ethOS v1.3.1 and followed the same steps as outlined below in my original "how-to" post.  No other programs were running as I extracted, copied, pasted, and modified the BIOS; mining was disallowed.

As I opened the RX 460 BIOS in SRBPolaris, I was surprised to find a new tab in the GUI window, labelled "unlock".  I clicked and unlocked the original BIOS, and saved it as 460-0U.rom".  The original BIOS had been saved as "460-0.rom".  I then opened the "460-0U.rom" file after saving, and went to the memory tab, clicked "Pimp My Straps", and saved this result as "460-0UP.rom".

Copying all three "*.rom"s back to the mining rig, I flashed the single RX 460 (GPU 0) with the "460-0U.rom" BIOS.  Following this, I rebooted, and then allowed mining to restart.  After a brief trial, with no overclocking, the card mined ETH at 11.9MH/s. This was an improvement from the 11.3MH/s with the unmodified card.  Claymore v11.9 reported 16 Compute Units (CU) on the modified card, rather than 14.

I repeated the above procedure with the once-modified card, this time using the "460-0UP.rom" and rebooted.  On reboot,  I allowed mining to restart, and the twice-modded card began to mine ETH at 12.1MH/s.  The Unlocked and Pimped strap further improved the hash rate.

I need to complete the rig; today was just a setup day.  I may report power usage and overclocking results soon.       --scryptr

SIMPLE "HOW-TO" POST--

After waiting for a reply, I went ahead and BIOS-modded my cards.  My miners are on Linux boxes, Ubuntu based.  I did not want to attach/re-attach GPUs and mod them on Windows boxes.  So, this is what I did:

I ported into the Linux box with BitVise SSH client from my Win 7 X64 box.  From the command line, using ATIFLASH for Linux and after hard reboot, I saved the stock BIOS of each card in the rig.  Command line - "sudo atiflash -s 0  580-0.rom".  This is a 4-card rig, so I  repeated the step for each card,  changing the number after the "-s" flag, and the number in the BIOS filename to match each time. This produced four files, each named "580-X.rom", where "X" is the number 0 through 3 and matches the GPU mining position.  At this point, I copied all BIOS files to a backup directory.    In the backup directory, each of the files could be re-named to include the serial number of the appropriate card.

Using BitVise SSH client, I copied the original saved BIOS files to my Win 7 X64 box.  A thumb drive could also be used, but it takes more time.

Using SRBPolaris (a Windows program),  I opened each BIOS file one-at-a-time, went to the second tab in the editor, and clicked on "Pimp MY Strap".  I then saved the files as "580-XPIMP.rom", where "X" matched the GPU number as described above.

Using BitVise, the files were transferred back to the Linux mining box.  Using ATIFLASH, each newly modded 580-XPIMP.rom was flashed on to the GPUs, one-at-a-time.  Command line - "sudo atiflash -p 0 580-0PIMP.rom", where the number before the "PIMP" text matched the number after the "-p" flag and the GPU number as described above.

NO other programs were running on the mining box while saving or programming the BIOS files.  After writing the BIOS mods to the cards, I rebooted.  Mining started on reboot, and I noticed a 20-25% increase in XMR hashrate on my Sapphire Nitro+ rig with Samsung memory.  A similar rig, with Sapphire Nitro+ cards and Hynix/Elpida memory, got a 10-15% increase in Ethereum hashrate.  These are all dual-BIOS  cards, and the stock BIOS is still in place on the second position.  And, Linux does not require the ATIkmdag patcher, it just mines.

I am still not clear on how to unlock compute units on GTX 460 cards.  Is this done with only the "Pimp my Straps" button?  Please inform me before I ruin my cards.  Thank you...       --scryptr

NOTE: My Win 7 X64 box has nVidia drivers and a GTX 1080ti card for graphics.  AMD drivers are not required while simply editing the RX Series BIOS file.  There is also a Linux version of Polaris BIOS Editor (PBE).  It works just fine but needs to be compiled from Git and launched with Mono. Linux PBE needs a desktop display, it is not a console tool for a headless system.  My Linux mining boxes are all headless.       --scryptr
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
my other cards are ASIC Quality: 73.5 %  im getting 31mh/s from it
good lesson always buy msi cards Cheesy

My worst is an MSI (Gaming)
Gigabyte Gaming >80% (31-31,4MH/s)
Sapphire ITX >77% (31-31,5MH/s). I think I got very lucky with this one. Downside, it's the noisiest.

I've had a mix of cards and found that, atleast for Cryptonight mining, that the Gigabyte cards gave the best hashrate.
Activity: 32
Program won't run keeps asking for .NET framework 3.5 but i already have it as its windows 10 :/
Activity: 228
Merit: 100
yes i have done it but still no higher hashrate 29.3 been upping the memory from 2000 to 2250 no increase what so ever
thanks for your help dude

try to increase TDP / TDC values. sometimes it is limiting factor.
also don't forget to play with dcri value (in claymore). it is much more than for 470 - about 70.
480/580 must give around 32 MH  

next step will be power reducing... try to set voltage to 900mV

thanks for your reply
i did try that nothing helps i put the  2000 MHz on 900mV
how high can i go with the TDP / TDC values ? its now on 125 both and the max power on 150
maybe the dcri could help but i let it on auto and it Always crash then
Activity: 30
BUMP No Reply from Author?

Its alternative product with much more options for fine tuning straps.
BUMP No Reply from Author?
Activity: 64
yes i have done it but still no higher hashrate 29.3 been upping the memory from 2000 to 2250 no increase what so ever
thanks for your help dude

try to increase TDP / TDC values. sometimes it is limiting factor.
also don't forget to play with dcri value (in claymore). it is much more than for 470 - about 70.
480/580 must give around 32 MH 

next step will be power reducing... try to set voltage to 900mV
Latest ver. : V3.4

- Pimp my straps - give wings to your factory bios
- Added power control limit
- Added fan mode selection
- Med-High temp and PWM is now editable
- Added fan sensitivity and acoustic limit
- Bug fixes

Don't expect 99MHS from the strap pimper, it's just some basic tuning.

How this different from Polaris 1.6.7 editor:
I followed this guide: https://mining.help/bios-mods/
I ahve stability but dont think I have max out of my cards?
Activity: 30
Will you offer XTL donations? I am ready to send some Smiley
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
my other cards are ASIC Quality: 73.5 %  im getting 31mh/s from it
good lesson always buy msi cards Cheesy

My worst is an MSI (Gaming)
Gigabyte Gaming >80% (31-31,4MH/s)
Sapphire ITX >77% (31-31,5MH/s). I think I got very lucky with this one. Downside, it's the noisiest.
Pages:
Jump to: