Pages:
Author

Topic: SRBPolaris V3.5 - BIOS editor for AMD RX4XX and RX5XX cards - page 6. (Read 124981 times)

Activity: 2464
Merit: 318
Program reports some crazy default frequencies for some new RX560 cards
 (5120 core, 70126 memory)
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
You should call it V4 or V3.1 since the version "V3" I downloaded before didn't work and people already has it.

thanks anyway.. I will send some eth. once I'll mine :-)

well if i would go that way this version would be v1000, cause i make small changes all the time.
Maybe i can go like V3.01 , V3.02 etc

Use semantic versioning.

MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH

One could argue that adding a bios is a "bug fix" so you would go like this

If you add a new backwards compatible feature increment the middle number

If you add a major, possibly backward compatibility breaking feature, increment the first number

Lookup semantic versioning for more info on how to use it. It's pretty simple and makes things very straight forward for the end user when deciding which version they want to use.
Hey guys,

i modded 5 different cards with Doktor's program but now i'm finding a problem and i don't know how to solve it.
MSI RX460, Asus Strixx RX 460 (both samsung and micron memory (and a 3rd version with micron memory which i could only get to 1900Mhz)), sapphire rx460. All went well.
Gigabyte RX 460 WF i couldn't do it. I was able to unlock the shadders and undervolt the memory but i only get memory straps until 1500 Mhz. No 1750, 1850 or 2000 like the others.
Also, how do i undervolt the core in the bios? Because i would like to lower the power consumption at least a couple of watts.
I'm getting 13.5Mh/s on sapp, 13Mh/s on Asus and 12.8Mh/s on MSI. GB give only 12Mh/s.

Do higher straps matter anyway? If you overclock to 2050, it will use last strap, be it
1500 or 2000 doesn't matter, if its the same strap...or do I miss something?
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
Hey guys,

i modded 5 different cards with Doktor's program but now i'm finding a problem and i don't know how to solve it.
MSI RX460, Asus Strixx RX 460 (both samsung and micron memory (and a 3rd version with micron memory which i could only get to 1900Mhz)), sapphire rx460. All went well.
Gigabyte RX 460 WF i couldn't do it. I was able to unlock the shadders and undervolt the memory but i only get memory straps until 1500 Mhz. No 1750, 1850 or 2000 like the others.
Also, how do i undervolt the core in the bios? Because i would like to lower the power consumption at least a couple of watts.
I'm getting 13.5Mh/s on sapp, 13Mh/s on Asus and 12.8Mh/s on MSI. GB give only 12Mh/s.
Activity: 392
Merit: 263
Why does this always go the wrong way ?

I offer a free tool, and everybody gets crazy about the open source thing.
If you don't trust me , don't use it, it's that simple.

IojkinKot, i know about your PBE fork.
It is an open source project made by https://github.com/caa82437 you edited a little.

Do you think these user made bots are legit?
Activity: 64
just a couple of words about state pointer.
On HIS 470 cards it was 11 by default, and until I set it to 9, it was impossible to make power usage less than 130W on ETH only.
setting voltage in bios or by tools, DPM mode and etc does not help.
setting it to less value (8, 7) does not change anything. and setting voltage to less than 900mV also.

doktor83, please take a look on UNKNOWN bios from my previous post.
Activity: 340
Merit: 29
i was looking in to the VDDC pointers as well , it would be interesting to know for sure how they really work Smiley

Really damn simply?

VoltageTableEntries[idx].

Is it weird that I read all your comments in the voice of Comic Book Guy? Smiley

The mechanics of a table lookup aren't the source of confusion here...  Where is that table?  Bios (can't find it) / registry (can't find it) / some other [eep]rom?  I'm guessing one of the latter, and that maybe the table is created during install to address voltage supply differences vs the production bench?

I understand I can just write fixed voltages in place of these values (usually I do exactly that after tuning, but in the soft PPT,) but I'm just trying to understand the actual mechanics of this dynamic voltage (also trying to understand how my P5 ended up higher than my P6/7)...  Perhaps you can throw me a bone (with some actual meat on it)?
Activity: 23
i was looking in to the VDDC pointers as well , it would be interesting to know for sure how they really work Smiley
Activity: 340
Merit: 29
Thanks for this...  There's probably a better thread for this q, but can you explain exactly what the VDDC 'pointer' values (e.g. 65288, 65287, etc) are pointing to?  I've dug through the header files a bit, but haven't been able to piece this together (though I might have been looking at an old version.)  I assumed the values were pointing to some LUT entry in the bios, but can't find the resulting real voltages (displayed in ONT/Wattman) anywhere in the rom (at least in a contiguous block.)  For example, one of my cards has a default config w/ P3:1068mV and P4:1143mV - while I can find both of those values (2C04, 7704) throughout the bios, I can't find them anywhere near each other, even within ~200 bytes (in either direction.)

Are these values being dynamically calculated during install, or stored in a table outside the bios?

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626
Idea behind it is that there is a pointer in the rom that points to a default vddc state (let's assume your card has 16 states).
So sometimes changing the vddc does nothing, then you can try to change the pointer to point to another state, not the default one that is in your rom.
This can work sometimes.
Activity: 15
What is this "VDDC state pointer flag". What is the idea behind that and what could it change if it change anything at all? How to use this function correctly?
+1 merit for this fine tool, and 1 more coming if you make main window resizable Cheesy
why are you guys purchasing 560 gpus?

they give only 1$ per gpu!!

Because they pay off twice as fast as 570 or 580 because for
the price of one rx580, you can buy four 560s?

So, after you apply some math to all this, you actually earn twice as much
for same money invested
Activity: 53
why are you guys purchasing 560 gpus?

they give only 1$ per gpu!!
Activity: 64
Hi, doktor83!

I have strange 570 bios that is reported as UNKNOWN
https://yadi.sk/d/306yeBRx3SdmS8

Thanks in advance

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

Hi,

ASUS AMD R9 290 (Reference)

Its because Hawaii (290) is not Polaris Smiley, you need a Tool like HawaiiBiosReader to open your Bios ....
Is there anything like SRBPolaris, or Polaris Bios Editor, that will work with a R9 270x card. I've modified the memory straps on a R9 270x with a hex editor, as shown on the Anorak.tech website, but would be nice if there was a quicker way to do it.

Unfortunately, no...which is a shame, R9 series of cards is still pretty capable

Hi,

would you have any hints as to why both Polaris isnt able to read the rom i saved from GPUZ? Ive also tried VBE Editor, similar error.

cheers

What card?
Activity: 574
Merit: 261
I'd love even a very basic support for R9 series only with memory straps 1-click patch, voltage and frequencies. Those cards are still quite capable.

Thats not "basic", thats all that is Cheesy

LOL !

I've three R9 270x cards (two 2GB and one 4GB) and they all give just under 500 h/s on Cryptonight, and considering they cost a third the price of a RX480 which, at best, gets 1000 h/s and uses at least twice the power the R9 270x, this makes the R9 270x great value for your money.
I'd love even a very basic support for R9 series only with memory straps 1-click patch, voltage and frequencies. Those cards are still quite capable.

Thats not "basic", thats all that is Cheesy
Activity: 130
Merit: 10
Dear ,

Can you please add support for Sapphire RX560 pulse 2GB Elpida

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bvnhoogmgsq891z/560.rom
Pages:
Jump to: