Pages:
Author

Topic: STAR COIN [STR] - The coin with bonus STAR blocks - page 43. (Read 143622 times)

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
tell me plz the next time i check this thread there will be an updated client, nzdude come back!

Well the code is open source. We don't really need nzdude and his "dev" to fix it. Wouldn't be the first time (nor the last time) a coin gets taken over by a group of volunteers when the original team couldn't get their heads out of their a** and just disappeared.

cK'
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Will someone plz plz plzzzz save my 9000 STR ! Cheesy

The network died just after I sent 6k off to be sold. lol
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
tell me plz the next time i check this thread there will be an updated client, nzdude come back!
I would love that too!!
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
Activity: 255
Merit: 10
static const unsigned int REWARD_FIX_SWITCH_TIME = 1379721600; // 21 SEP 2013 00:00:00 GMT

the switch needs to be algo change. The reward multiplication order is not an issue here. The order issue is only significant for low coin per block coins, such as DMD. It doesn't really matter for STR.

God you make me laugh.

Laugh then, I already did wrt your v2 Grin
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
static const unsigned int REWARD_FIX_SWITCH_TIME = 1379721600; // 21 SEP 2013 00:00:00 GMT

the switch needs to be algo change. The reward multiplication order is not an issue here. The order issue is only significant for low coin per block coins, such as DMD. It doesn't really matter for STR.

God you make me laugh.
Activity: 86
Also coin requires protection from multi-pools.

legendary

you need a switch time or block to coordinate the change. Random changes like this by each client will only cause mess.
legendary
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
Are there ways to earn this coin without mining, maybe by writing?
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1047
Coins is Dead  Huh
Activity: 275
OK my entire balance converted to stake... WTF?

How much are we talking about?  It should go back into your Balance after the PoS blocks confirm, with a tiny bit extra.
I am generating this piss out of PoS blocks right now; but it only stakes a few hundred at a time, and they return once 70 confirms pass.
Currently, I have 550.19 STR staked on 9 PoS blocks that are going to earn a whopping 0.11 STR.  Most are 0.01 or 0.02 each, but I've had some be as high as 0.12 before.

I also generated a twice-per-day block worth 3901 STR!

I had appx 2400 and it did go back... freaked me out...

you must have sent 2400 to an account.  POS is generated on the whole amount of previous transaction.  the way to avoid lots of micro stakes is to sent all your coins to one address and the next POS will use that whole amount, afterwards its divides by half and you will have 2 seperate stakes the following week for those amounts and so on - So now you will have 2 x 1200 unspents, and after POS next week you will have 4 x 600 unspents and it wil generate 4 x POS the following week which will split into 8 x 300 unspents etc.  
After a few weeks you can can consolidate it all by sending everything to a new address and the next stake will be for 1 x what you sent.  If you don't want to stake the whole amount, you can also reserve some.  

You can see your unspent amounts by typing listunspent in console.  POS will generated on each of those amounts when they become eligible so if you have a lot of small amounts it would be a good idea to send them all to one address, otherwise you will get ALOT micro stakes of 0.01 etc instead larger amounts of interest, Maybe its all these micro amounts being staked that causing issues with cryptsy?

I actually just had it sitting in my wallet when it happened.. I hadn't opened my wallet in a while. Wink
Just reintegrate changes from bottlecaps: https://github.com/bottlecaps-foundation/bottlecaps/commits/master
One of commits named "Fix self-forking issues, caused by minimum proof-of-stake calculation".
This seems to be a good move. I would like this coin reborn...
We need this coin back on Cryptsy.
Activity: 86
Just reintegrate changes from bottlecaps: https://github.com/bottlecaps-foundation/bottlecaps/commits/master
One of commits named "Fix self-forking issues, caused by minimum proof-of-stake calculation".
Adding checkpoints will not fix it. It will fork again. Until a real fix is applied I doubt vern will re list it.

You need to get to the bottom of the fork instead of releasing a checkpoint everytime

Cryptsy has already relisted it

And re-delisted 3 days ago.

cK'
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
Adding checkpoints will not fix it. It will fork again. Until a real fix is applied I doubt vern will re list it.

You need to get to the bottom of the fork instead of releasing a checkpoint everytime

Cryptsy has already relisted it
shitloads of irrelevant blahblah

Nobody cares. We want news from nzdude (or his dev) about fixing the coin that is STILL in a broken state.

cK'
Pages:
Jump to: