Pages:
Author

Topic: STAR COIN [STR] - The coin with bonus STAR blocks - page 6. (Read 143618 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
it's 2 years old, there are only a few older coins than STAR
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Is there any news about this coin?
Activity: 16
Code:
from p2pool.bitcoin import networks

PARENT = networks.nets['starcoin'],
SHARE_PERIOD = 30, # seconds
CHAIN_LENGTH = 24*60*60//10, # shares
REAL_CHAIN_LENGTH = 24*60*60//10, # shares
TARGET_LOOKBEHIND = 200, # shares
SPREAD = 60, # blocks
IDENTIFIER = '7A1B942C34847722'.decode('hex'),
PREFIX = '5503269730EC6BBE'.decode('hex'),
P2P_PORT = 10216,
MIN_TARGET = 0,
MAX_TARGET = 2**256//2**20 - 1,
PERSIST = True,
WORKER_PORT = 9327,
BOOTSTRAP_ADDRS = ''.split(' '),
ANNOUNCE_CHANNEL = '#p2pool-str'
VERSION_CHECK = lambda v: True
#VERSION_WARNING = lambda v: 'Upgrade Litecoin to >=0.8.5.1!' if v < 80501 else None

Could someone smarter than me look at this and see if it looks right? I tried my best to find all the information to create a profile.
Activity: 503
Merit: 250
Thanks thanks thanks
Here are the compiled Windows wallets.

https://github.com/strcoin/starcoin/releases

I am having trouble creating a custom profile for starcoin in the forrestv p2pool fork. Does starcoin already have a p2pool configured for use with starcoin?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
isn't the reward to half @ 2,102,400?

now @ 2,104,811

==========
@siameze

yes block explorer is  Wink Cheesy kind of idea

Yeah i kind of thought so too. UNO is where I am at for now.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
isn't the reward to half @ 2,102,400?

now @ 2,104,811

==========
@siameze

yes block explorer is  Wink Cheesy kind of idea
legendary
Here is how to compile a wallet from source on Windows.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/13204-how-to-build-a-windows-qt-wallet-for-any-coin-yourself-from-source-code-step-by-step-instructions/

My starcoin-qt wallet is not syncing correctly for some reason. There is no progress bar on the sync but it says it is still out of sync. Does anybody have an official block count? Is there some kind of block explorer for starcoin?

No official website and no official block explorer. If someone has an always-on node and would like for me to throw up the basic block explorer I could do that.
Here is how to compile a wallet from source on Windows.

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/13204-how-to-build-a-windows-qt-wallet-for-any-coin-yourself-from-source-code-step-by-step-instructions/

My starcoin-qt wallet is not syncing correctly for some reason. There is no progress bar on the sync but it says it is still out of sync. Does anybody have an official block count? Is there some kind of block explorer for starcoin?
legendary
lol unfortunately i am not that geek to be able to compile anything from source... i am happy to have my little mining operation running.

I know windows basic Cheesy

Same here. I can't help much for Windows. Runs fine under most Debian/Ubunto distros. I customized mine a bit but it is an easy build if you want to try it inside a VM on Windows.
lol unfortunately i am not that geek to be able to compile anything from source... i am happy to have my little mining operation running.

I know windows basic Cheesy
legendary
i am in to support but need a 32bit version wallet to work at the moment...

Are you unable to build it from source? I am unsure where trustworthy binaries are located right now.
i am in to support but need a 32bit version wallet to work at the moment...
legendary
So I have a node up and running. I am adapting the p2pool software to work with starcoin. It may take a while because I have to create a new network profile for the coin and wait for the blockchain to sync up (which by my calculation could take ~76 hours). We will at least have a new node on the network to go off of though. I am assuming the current version is v1.7.1.0 so that is what I am syncing up. Once I get the entire thing up and running I will give step by step instructions on how to get people to do it themselves so we can create an actual network. I am keeping track in a text file so I will post instructions here.

Nice work, I look forward to seeing your pool when it is functional. I plan on purchasing some more mining equipment in the coming weeks, so I will hopefully have a few extra MH/s to throw at it.

Since you seem to be one of the few people interested in keeping this project going, please keep me informed of your status, or post any assistance needed here. I will be glad to do what I can.
So I have a node up and running. I am adapting the p2pool software to work with starcoin. It may take a while because I have to create a new network profile for the coin and wait for the blockchain to sync up (which by my calculation could take ~76 hours). We will at least have a new node on the network to go off of though. I am assuming the current version is v1.7.1.0 so that is what I am syncing up. Once I get the entire thing up and running I will give step by step instructions on how to get people to do it themselves so we can create an actual network. I am keeping track in a text file so I will post instructions here.
legendary
shoot i need x 86 vesrion... someone has available?

idk I honestly think a community takeover is in order. Voice your opions here, or the so-called dev is welcome to speak up.
shoot i need x 86 vesrion... someone has available?
legendary
Well I was trying to set up a pool but I can't download the blockchain for whatever reason. Is there any way someone could upload the blockchain somewhere and I could download it and add it to Starcoin? I am getting the error "Warning: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for the blockchain to download, or notify developers."

This happened to me and I simply deleted my old blockchain and added the new nodes to my .conf file. Synced up fine.

As for uploading a blockchain, it could take me a few days to get it onto a torrent, as I am swamped with projects.

What are the nodes? I only saw one IP address up top.

These nodes got my wallet unstuck, they were posted earlier in the thread:

addnode=107.170.3.87
addnode=95.27.95.182
addnode=173.208.172.242
addnode=50.149.31.242
addnode=192.99.13.127
addnode=54.209.148.72
addnode=201.213.232.241
addnode=124.198.136.100
addnode=107.170.195.237
addnode=74.208.250.49
addnode=198.199.110.176
is there a working wallet download available... i might have str left in my wallet.dat but cant find any working download

https://mega.co.nz/#!9xdzlArT!klHxrZw92-_Bpj_2X3XD4mV6ji20Xlkd2Blw1x5zPes

There's a wallet download.
Well I was trying to set up a pool but I can't download the blockchain for whatever reason. Is there any way someone could upload the blockchain somewhere and I could download it and add it to Starcoin? I am getting the error "Warning: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for the blockchain to download, or notify developers."

This happened to me and I simply deleted my old blockchain and added the new nodes to my .conf file. Synced up fine.

As for uploading a blockchain, it could take me a few days to get it onto a torrent, as I am swamped with projects.

What are the nodes? I only saw one IP address up top.
Pages:
Jump to: