Pages:
Author

Topic: STAR COIN [STR] - The coin with bonus STAR blocks - page 8. (Read 143618 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Do I need to update something?
My STR coins suddenly did not reach cryptsy. Last successfull deposit transaction was on  March 5, 2015.

same with me
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Awesome STR running as bullet.... Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Just made a crypto wiki site
http://cryptocoin-wiki.com/wiki/scrypt/starcoin-str/
if you want to change description, tell me

is this coin dead, the starcoin website is for sale and the link you provided there gets a 404 error, HMMM and what about the block explorer where si that now. It seems starcoin has left the building.

it appears so. I can run a client, don't have much in there. I wasn't going to try and acquire any more unless there was greater interest.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

is this coin dead, the starcoin website is for sale and the link you provided there gets a 404 error, HMMM and what about the block explorer where si that now. It seems starcoin has left the building.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
well when that becomes a big big problem
here's the fix

stealllers (aka ripple aka paypal & bitcon whales) can have STR

if they help fund the QT retooling
and we get 'STAR'

I really like this idea, and wouldn't mind getting involved a bit. I just got a new PC and need to grab the new client though.
Activity: 57
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
Do I need to update something?
My STR coins suddenly did not reach cryptsy. Last successfull deposit transaction was on  March 5, 2015.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
well when that becomes a big big problem
here's the fix

stealllers (aka ripple aka paypal & bitcon whales) can have STR

if they help fund the QT retooling
and we get 'STAR'
Activity: 502
Merit: 500
there is another coin with same symbol STR,
its stellar, people will get confused if both get listed on same exchange
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
i have seen Stellar use the same unit for their coins same as starcoin (STR) but starcoin was released first then why they choosed the STR symbol while there was an altcoin already in the market with same symbol?

Probably to capitalize on existing trademarks.

What a con man gonna do?

Never have an original idea is a good start.
Or in this case steal the ticker from a long listed coin ... speaking of Trademark.

Stellar is a 97% whale owned coin, all premine, yes only 3% has been floated to the public. 

Stealers Wink

STAR COIN is STR

Amen!

I think Starcoin (STR !) had a nice Original idea with it's bonus blocks - it was one of this first that could actually provides this feature in a right way -. However, nowadays it looks like allmost anyone has left the coin unfortunately. Looking for example at Cryptsy trading volume in the last 24 hours (= 0.006 BTC), this doesn't look like it is going to be popular again soon. I guess it has been put on the list of coins that are going to be forgotten soon.. And I dislike that idea.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
i have seen Stellar use the same unit for their coins same as starcoin (STR) but starcoin was released first then why they choosed the STR symbol while there was an altcoin already in the market with same symbol?

What a con man gonna do?

Never have an original idea is a good start.
Or in this case steal the ticker from a long listed coin ... speaking of Trademark.

Stellar is a 97% whale owned coin, all premine, yes only 3% has been floated to the public.  

Stealers Wink

STAR COIN is STR
Activity: 616

Activity: 635
BlasterKVs the king of xbox modding
Considering there's development on this project, may I ask what the point of the project is? There are other more stable functional coin projects.

The point is coin Smiley

Which stable functional coins do you like?

BTC, LTC, NLG and a couple of others. I was asking since people were talking about value.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 588
Considering there's development on this project, may I ask what the point of the project is? There are other more stable functional coin projects.

The point is coin Smiley

Which stable functional coins do you like?

Activity: 42
Hi All,

Is there a block explorer?

tuaris - There is currently a new block explorer being developed. Please bare with us, we will post news here!

Hey, is the source updated to compile on linux?
the one i compiled comes up as 1.6.0 and just hangs on those check points, NOT to mention the size of the blockchain. lol

Blackross - Thats an older version! You must have grabbed that from the original repo, checkout mcpackin's 1.7.1 release here: https://github.com/strcoin/starcoin/releases/tag/v1.7.1.0-str ... The chain has grown much larger since this release so you will see the checkpoints outdated link, but it should still sync.. if you open the debug console you should see it moving.. any problems with syncing let me know and I'll post you an example starcoin.conf

Though I'm not sure what mcpackin has in the works, we are working on stuff over here (more slowly than expected due to work commitments) and hopefully with his work and ours we'll have a new revision with updated checkpoints uploaded and merged sometime in the coming month or 2!

Activity: 53
Hey, is the source updated to compile on linux?
the one i compiled comes up as 1.6.0 and just hangs on those check points, NOT to mention the size of the blockchain. lol
Activity: 765
Is there a block explorer?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
a whopping 8 connections and 2 weeks and still at 60% synced
Pages:
Jump to: