Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 100. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
So I thought divs were paid autocratically. Am I incorrect?
Activity: 887
Merit: 1000
It amazes me that people will ask to raise thousands and thousands of dollars, then disappear.   Cheesy
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
hmm, this had become a substantial part of my portfolio, ouch. although well diversified (well.. between mining companies) still looking forward to good news
Activity: 280
Merit: 13
There's no way that he got that cheap of a price from Cointerra, from my experience they are quite stingy and won't budge from their prices much even in bulk (known from personal experience and talks with Cointerra's CEO.) In fact, if he offered you this price I would be pretty pissed because he couldn't offer me $10,000 per 2 TH (which is a shit deal anyways for bulk.)

But um, yea. In review: Cointerra is stingy, Garret must of made a typo in his post.

yes, he hasn't got those prices. Seems like he wanted to raise BTC2,500 in COG.F3  including current funds which would allow purchase of 40TH (same hardware as he is using for 1PH- as he wrote) even without however much current funds entail, BTC2,500 is actually about $45,000 more expensive than buying 20 2TH fully assembled single rigs at retail with no form of bulk discount. Then that got rejected by shareholder vote so he went on to write 1/PH for BTC3,000  and raise 600 contracts on F2- extrapolating requested amount of BTC2500 for 40TH you'd arrive at BTC62,500 for 1PH.. 3000 is a bit off and of a strange typo to make multiple times

doesn't look good, Interested for his explanation as to how these numbers came about
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026
In Cryptocoins I Trust
There's no way that he got that cheap of a price from Cointerra, from my experience they are quite stingy and won't budge from their prices much even in bulk (known from personal experience and talks with Cointerra's CEO.) In fact, if he offered you this price I would be pretty pissed because he couldn't offer me $10,000 per 2 TH (which is a shit deal anyways for bulk.)

But um, yea. In review: Cointerra is stingy, Garret must of made a typo in his post.
Activity: 118
I can't believe the price has gone *down* in the face of this news.  I agree things are a little risky until garret confirms the now-crazy-sounding numbers he has released, but once he does, aren't people just going to buy up?  
As of now it seems to be the only sane way to "invest" in CoinTerra.

This bit is really interesting:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7246/the-rush-to-bitcoin-asics-ravi-iyengar-launches-cointerra
Q: By my calculations, a 2TH/s machine at $14k would earn back its share in Bitcoin in little over a week at current rates.  Why have you chosen to sell your ASICs rather than do something similar to ASICMiner and design the infrastructure to sell shares in your systems?

A: The concept the selling of shares is blurring a legal line, especially in the US.  We are not sure if that model is possible within our boundaries.  There is also the issue regarding dealing with Bitcoin and converting to cash, thus becoming a money service.  We do not want to be in any grey area, and we want to be clear with our business model.  The goal of CoinTerra is to be a hardware product company first, rather than a base for Bitcoin distribution.

Could Cognitive be the way for CoinTerra of selling shares in "their" mining operation?

Wow, that's an interesting take too - would explain a lot.  Although wouldn't Garret have negotiated shares of cognitive rather than BTC from F2 contracts then?  Or maybe the cost is 3000BTC plus some shares we'll have to have a motion to raise - and that explains how the numbers are so crazy - because we wouldnt' really be paying 3000BTC for 1PH, it'd be 3000BTC plus some number of shares...

I presume if F2 contracts don't sell well enough to buy anything they will be refunded.
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
Garr, could you please confirm our order date for the BFL singles?  Why have they not shipped yet?

July 14:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=67547.400
Activity: 109
Garr, could you please confirm our order date for the BFL singles?  Why have they not shipped yet?
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
I can't believe the price has gone *down* in the face of this news.  I agree things are a little risky until garret confirms the now-crazy-sounding numbers he has released, but once he does, aren't people just going to buy up?  Seems like shares are deliciously discounted at the moment...

What else could explain the price drop?  Do people not trust cointerra or something?
i guess mostly bcz the delayed BFL singles.

Oh, I guess that makes sense, since BFL singles would basically double our current hashrate, but man, that's SO short-term.  500GH/s is gonna be nothing in the face of 1PH, and cognitive is one of the few places where people are actually looking 6mo+ forward saying "how are we going to stay ahead of teh curve".  That's a long-term investment IMO.  Brings a tear to my eyes.

Dry those tears with a good opportunity to pick up some mid term valuable shares.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I can't believe the price has gone *down* in the face of this news.  I agree things are a little risky until garret confirms the now-crazy-sounding numbers he has released, but once he does, aren't people just going to buy up?  Seems like shares are deliciously discounted at the moment...

What else could explain the price drop?  Do people not trust cointerra or something?

Oh, I guess that makes sense, since BFL singles would basically double our current hashrate, but man, that's SO short-term.  500GH/s is gonna be nothing in the face of 1PH, and cognitive is one of the few places where people are actually looking 6mo+ forward saying "how are we going to stay ahead of teh curve".  That's a long-term investment IMO.  Brings a tear to my eyes.
yea true. but the 1PH won't happen if none of the 600 COG.F2 are sold.

I'm in for two.  COG.F2 needs better marketing, people need to know about the Cointerra deal and warehouse.

This is CryptX's Petamine done right, a competitor to ice.drill and potential Asicminer 2.0!    Cool
Activity: 224

yea true. but the 1PH won't happen if none of the 600 COG.F2 are sold.

Activity: 224

Activity: 110
He did talk about there not being a vote of cog.f 3 because of the details of the agreement and the nature of the fast pace needed in the asic game if I remember correctly

COG.F(x) are big hardware investment.
These are vital for the COGNITIVE share to increase in value.
It may decrease the value of shares in short-term but it will increase them in the medium and long-term.

This is now a turning point : new hardware is coming with unbelievable hashing power. If COGNITIVE doesn't invest big right now, he is not likely to survive the next 6 months.

Thanks for further explaining this. Would anyone be opposed to doing a larger COG.F3? Possibly 500 contracts? This would raise 2500 coins, turning Cognitive into a big player. I believe large-scale expansion via fundraising is critical to our long-term success right now.

There is always more demand than supply for COG.F contracts, so I believe offering 500 instead of 100 would mitigate that problem (mind you it is an excellent problem to have Smiley).

Cheers,
Garrett
Activity: 968
Merit: 515
Why is there no motion for COG.F3? I am little suspicious. First your behaviour in the forums, then COG.F3 and now you are asking for 3000BTC. I hope this is not becoming another Bakewell.
Activity: 280
Merit: 13
I understood that you were early investor of cointerra and as such should have access to favourable bulk pricing.

can you comment on this:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3040506

Excluding 20% additions Cognitive mining is claiming to be purchasing same hashrate as your IPO @ BTC64,500 ($7,656,000) less? - BTC52,833 if you count 16.6k shares brought up
As angel investors in CoinTerra we were not able to negotiate a deal of 1PH for BTC3000. I think there is something wrong regarding the numbers Cognitive mining is stating.

waiting for issuer to address this
Activity: 101
Why are so many more shares being released without being approved by shareholders?

This should have been subject to shareholder vote.
Activity: 634
Merit: 500
So they had an incident and as punishment, Josh pushed his place in line down? What?  Undecided

Right now this is speculation, rumor, hearsay, etc. etc. etc. Please don't make it worse.

But, the fact that Cognitive hasn't received any devices raises my eyebrows (and lowers my dividends).
Activity: 887
Merit: 1000
For the record I have a facebook friend that ordered singles upgrades on the 21'st of July last year and got the tracking number today.  

After Garr's incident with Josh from BFL, i wouldn't be surprised if our date got dramatically adjusted.

So they had an incident and as punishment, Josh pushed his place in line down? What?  Undecided

Here is the day that the order was placed.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.1031030

Did i miss some news?
Pages:
Jump to: