Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 97. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 191
Merit: 100
Thanks for the update Garr.
With regard to the avalon refund, it is definitely something that will be worth it to do, because we will be getting significantly more powerful hardware at a significantly lower price point. It just mathematically makes sense to collect the BTC from avalon and put the funds toward hardware that isn't obsolete.
Please provide us the numbers in this thread so that there is actual math. "Significantly" doesn't say much.

I found the following numbers:

Avalon
282MH/s per chip at 6.6 W/GH/s (chip only) - 9.5 W/GH/s (whole module)
Total Hash rate: 490GH/s or 0.49TH/s
Paid: 150btc

50btc paid for 581 chips
100btc paid for ?? chips, I assume about 1100 chips.

assembly costs: private - some issues to be resolved.
Shipping NOW (september 2013).

Cointerra
500GH/s rigs at 0.5 W/GH/s
Total hashrate: 1 PH/s = 1000 TH/s = 1000000 GH/s
3000btc+ required for 1 PH/s? No exact numbers known.
300btc raised in CogF2.
150btc avalon refund from CogF required?
100+btc from treasury required?

Shipping in Q1/Q2 2014.
Expected hash rate by June 2014?

Garr, please resolve all the question marks so to show how significant your calculation is.

EDIT: more accurate info on http://mining.thegenesisblock.com/
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Hey all, the 7 SC Sinlges arrived today and are currently hashing away at ~420gh/s. This puts our total hashrate at over 750gh/s!

yeeey, congrats to us all
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Hey all, the 7 SC Sinlges arrived today and are currently hashing away at ~420gh/s. This puts our total hashrate at over 750gh/s!

And what would a hardware arrival be without pictures?!

Super beefy PSUs + cables.

And the full setup!

With regard to the avalon refund, it is definitely something that will be worth it to do, because we will be getting significantly more powerful hardware at a significantly lower price point. It just mathematically makes sense to collect the BTC from avalon and put the funds toward hardware that isn't obsolete.

No boards for the avalon chips have been manufactured yet, so there will be no loss for Cognitive there. I and numerous other investors in private mining projects have paid for the R&D costs of the Avalon boards ourselves and I will be eating Cognitive's share of that cost.

Again, I apologize for not being as active as I'd like to be on the forums. I have been quite busy for the past few weeks, but now I'm getting settled and into the swing of things. I'm studying electrical and computer engineering and business, and going to flight school, because aviation has always been a passion of mine Smiley So yes, I do have a lot on my plate, so I do prioritize accordingly. I've been working away at keeping Cognitive itself running smoothly in this transitional period, and haven't been keeping up on the PR side of things. You can expect more frequent updates from me from this day forward.

Cheers,
Garrett
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
I am a semi-large stock holder and I hold 600 shares (a bit over 5% I guess) right this second. Also a few options. Just wanted to let you know that so you know I'm serious about this company and its future.

Now what I do not really understand is why we want to get rid of the avalon stuff and get this new stuff. The new stuff is great to add for later but why get rid of avalon??

Now correct me if I am wrong on anything but from my understanding is that this new chips we will be getting in Dec/Jan will be more or less 4 times as powerful. However I suspect the difficulty will go up more than 4x by then so why are we going to change?  I really do not like all my eggs in one basket and some in avalon seems fine.

Also Garr, what is the status of the avalon chips? Many people are reporting "pre-shipping" so I'm going to assume that even if we vote to change odds are avalon will have shipped by the time we have voted. They claim to have 400k chips in hand and are getting them ready to ship now.

Anyway I am going to vote for no change on anything as this point and I wont be too happy if my options on cog.f get changed to something else.

Also if we wait for Dec/Jan and get rid of these avalon chips the stock price is going to slump massively as we will not be growing like some of the other options.

I guess what am I over looking or where did I go wrong? Please poke holes in this cuz I have not really had the time to look into everything.

Thanks.

Avalon is old and busted.  Also, inept.

Cointerra is new hotness.  Let's invest in the future, not the past.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Garr, did the singles arrive and are they hashing yet?
Activity: 118
Garr, can you describe the costs tied to requesting a refund on the Avalons? I believe some people here don't know that assembly costs will not be refunded, as the investments are already made. It would help if we could compare both options, to see where we can minimize the losses.
The more people ask for a refund, the better the expectation on mining gets..

I didn't realize part of the costs might be sunk - if that's the case. the motion should include that info.  Good point.

You forgot to re-login, Garr.

lol, if people honestly believe I am Garr, let them.  Investors are rarely rational and their lack of reason lets the more rational ones make a profit.  I just feel bad for anyone fooled by these clowns.
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
The 7 Singles are suppose to arrive today correct?

That's what Garr said post #1272.  I do wish he would post to this thread more then once a week.  How busy can a University student be? Busier then I was, that's for sure.
Activity: 82
The 7 Singles are suppose to arrive today correct?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1033
Garr, can you describe the costs tied to requesting a refund on the Avalons? I believe some people here don't know that assembly costs will not be refunded, as the investments are already made. It would help if we could compare both options, to see where we can minimize the losses.

I didn't realize part of the costs might be sunk - if that's the case. the motion should include that info.  Good point.

You forgot to re-login, Garr.

Activity: 191
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Don't take it personal, friend. People will grasp at straws when they lack a real argument.

Thanks Garrett!  All three of these motions sound beneficial for everyone.  I am really excited to hear details about the Cointerra thing.  TGB reports that they expect to deliver 2PH to the network by December (which is projected to be on the order of 5 PH around then), it is exciting to think cognitive could be a significant fraction of that! http://thegenesisblock.com/cointerra-expects-to-deliver-2-phs-of-asics-in-december/

Hopefully with the arrival of our BFL hardware and doubling of already-20%+-dividends, the share price will more accurately reflect the value cognitive is bringing.

sound like strong shill, in fact all your posts, not first time issuer has played dirty games..so would not be surprised
where is clear description of amount you try to raise and hashpower obtained for said amount
so far issue been sidestepped

Yeah kind of obvious there.

I presume the problem is what garr is and isn't allowed to tell us due to NDA stuff.  If the deal we are getting is really that good, they are going to want to keep it private as long as possible so they don't have to give the same deal to everyone

This is a very solid piece of reasoning, IMO. Sounds like even if it only bought 2 minirigs it'd be a good deal for shareholders then, or some other hardware worth similar GH/s.

Oh, I guess that makes sense, since BFL singles would basically double our current hashrate, but man, that's SO short-term.  500GH/s is gonna be nothing in the face of 1PH, and cognitive is one of the few places where people are actually looking 6mo+ forward saying "how are we going to stay ahead of teh curve".  That's a long-term investment IMO.  Brings a tear to my eyes.

If that is with no further funding (but using our 50% growth reinvestment) that both explains the math *and* makes cog even more attractive

If Garr has managed to get us a deal like that, we're gonna have to start making Garr for President T-shirts, AM I RITE?

Roll Eyes

Lots of facepalm here.   Cheesy

Hey, fuck you buddy.  I'm a 'real person' and an investor in cog.  I'm excited about the future of mining and trying to crunch some numbers and be positive but realistic.  If you want to talk to me, find me on freenode irc, username "cmyers", and you can all tell me to my "face" WHY everything I said above is so "facepalm" worthy.  assholes.  *sigh*
Activity: 109
Garr, when the singles arrive please make an announcement on BTCT.
Activity: 110
could just as easily be someone trying to look like a sock puppet to drive price down.
Activity: 887

Thanks Garrett!  All three of these motions sound beneficial for everyone.  I am really excited to hear details about the Cointerra thing.  TGB reports that they expect to deliver 2PH to the network by December (which is projected to be on the order of 5 PH around then), it is exciting to think cognitive could be a significant fraction of that! http://thegenesisblock.com/cointerra-expects-to-deliver-2-phs-of-asics-in-december/

Hopefully with the arrival of our BFL hardware and doubling of already-20%+-dividends, the share price will more accurately reflect the value cognitive is bringing.

sound like strong shill, in fact all your posts, not first time issuer has played dirty games..so would not be surprised
where is clear description of amount you try to raise and hashpower obtained for said amount

I presume the problem is what garr is and isn't allowed to tell us due to NDA stuff.  If the deal we are getting is really that good, they are going to want to keep it private as long as possible so they don't have to give the same deal to everyone

This is a very solid piece of reasoning, IMO. Sounds like even if it only bought 2 minirigs it'd be a good deal for shareholders then, or some other hardware worth similar GH/s.

Oh, I guess that makes sense, since BFL singles would basically double our current hashrate, but man, that's SO short-term.  500GH/s is gonna be nothing in the face of 1PH, and cognitive is one of the few places where people are actually looking 6mo+ forward saying "how are we going to stay ahead of teh curve".  That's a long-term investment IMO.  Brings a tear to my eyes.

If that is with no further funding (but using our 50% growth reinvestment) that both explains the math *and* makes cog even more attractive

If Garr has managed to get us a deal like that, we're gonna have to start making Garr for President T-shirts, AM I RITE?

Roll Eyes

Lots of facepalm here.   Cheesy
Activity: 887

Activity: 222
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

Eh? Garr is a proven scammer.
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
I see what happened here now, the cog.f2 contracts have all been removed from BTC TC and now we're raising a motion before releasing them again.

I agree with Tafelpoot post #1270 above, more details need to be written into these contracts regarding refund policies in case ordered equipment again fails to be delivered by a certain date.

It's a good motion, but needs to be more well defined.

Peace
Pages:
Jump to: