Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 119. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
So according to my math there is about 0.01584 bitcoin in reserve per share not bad. Thats almost ten percent of the current valuation is bitcoin on hand.

Edit: these numbers include the 840 share in cog.f
From what I understand it is not a plug n mine device. You need to at the very least fans and most likely need to implement a cooling solution. I don't understand how anyone can justify spending over $5500 on 12ghs in the age of asic.
legendary
Activity: 1038
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin entrepreneur and Pro Trader
I agree on purchasing 1 Blade. But just 1. Remember that it needs less power and manutention than a GPU and it is like a "plug-n-mine" device. Also overclockable till 12-13GH/s

You would need ~18 7970 to get near 13GH/s and considering you need also mobo, psu, etc etc buying 1 Blade at 50BTC seems a better price then the other
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
Dividend seemed lower than it should be, any reason why?

Just bad pool luck.

This is very important:

Friedcat is now selling blades without auction.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2132683

I propose that we allocate 50btc of our COG.F funds to order one Blade. Between the growth fund and COG.F sales, we currently have slightly over 150btc erady to purchase hardware with, but I believe we should purchase one Blade then hold off for cheaper hardware in the future with the remaining coins.

What do you think, shareholders?

--Garrett

Any chance of us buying bulk Avalon chips instead?
Umm I vote no... you can buy 1gh of gpu for 400usd so even gpus dollars per hash are cheaper. Yes the blade is more efficient but it is completely unreasonable priced.
legendary
Activity: 938
What's a GPU?

Just bad pool luck.

This is very important:

Friedcat is now selling blades without auction.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2132683

I propose that we allocate 50btc of our COG.F funds to order one Blade. Between the growth fund and COG.F sales, we currently have slightly over 150btc erady to purchase hardware with, but I believe we should purchase one Blade then hold off for cheaper hardware in the future with the remaining coins.

What do you think, shareholders?

--Garrett
Activity: 101
So if you buy the equivalent of two jalapeños from asicminer it cost 50btc dam my jalapeños just got a lot more valuable

You have your jalapenos mining already?  Roll Eyes
So if you buy the equivalent of two jalapeños from asicminer it cost 50btc dam my jalapeños just got a lot more valuable
Activity: 816
Activity: 101
People are selling everything else to buy ASICminer shares. At least one guy sayed so in the Asicminer thread Smiley
Activity: 109
Activity: 816
People getting tired of BFL's bullshit is my guess.
What is with the panic selling?
legendary
Activity: 938
What's a GPU?
BTC-TC is undergoing a backend upgrade right now, so that's why dividends haven't been sent out yet. I'll send them as soon as I see that it's finished!

--Garrett
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
Any News from BFL yet on when they plan to ship our order?
Ha ha ha ha.  If there were other companies selling and shipping ASIC boards aside from ASICMiner I think we would all be freaking out over BFL's insanely long delay between taking pre orders and shipping,  Thank goodness there are so few companies developing these boards and the BFL customers aren't getting any more screwed then we already are. 
BFL should never have taken pre orders before they knew beyond a reasonable doubt when shipping of the units would begin.

Cognitive's order was placed relatively early so we can just take comfort that we have our place in line and regardless of when the product ships we will have some highly profitable mining time.

Any News from BFL yet on when they plan to ship our order?
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
Evil little fucker always out-bidding/asking by .01 or so. I'm sure it's making a killing from spreads. I want one...
Activity: 634
Merit: 500
So who's running the trade bot on the cognitive asset?

It's not just Cognitive.
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
So who's running the trade bot on the cognitive asset?
Jump to: