Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 120. (Read 300616 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
I have a couple questions about the outstanding shares on BTC-TC.  I see that there are 8629 / 10420 issued and I see 1791 shares for sale at the 0.62 price point. I can't see long term charts on BTC-TC and I didn't start watching this security until Jan 2013.
The cognitive website says the IPO completely sold out so I'm wondering how these shares behave.  

Who owns them? I see they aren't collecting a share of the dividends.  Are they just going to sit at that price point until they are purchased?

Thanks,

Waiting patiently as always like the rest of us.

Peace

Hi,

In the IPO, there were only 5000 shares. All of these IPO shares sold out very quickly. Shares issued after that were to raise capital for more mining hardware. The issued but not outstanding shares that you are referencing were put up for sale to raise funds for Avalon ASICs. Because they have not all sold, we haven't placed an order yet. They are owned by Cognitive and they do not collect dividends. Soon I will raise a motion to ask shareholders what we would like to do with these shares, whether it be holding or repricing them.

Just to avoid confusion in the future, you call always check http://cognitivemining.com/ for an updated inventory.

If you have any other questions, I'll be happy to answer.

Best,
Garrett
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
I have a couple questions about the outstanding shares on BTC-TC.  I see that there are 8629 / 10420 issued and I see 1791 shares for sale at the 0.62 price point. I can't see long term charts on BTC-TC and I didn't start watching this security until Jan 2013.
The cognitive website says the IPO completely sold out so I'm wondering how these shares behave.  

Who owns them? I see they aren't collecting a share of the dividends.  Are they just going to sit at that price point until they are purchased?

Thanks,

Waiting patiently as always like the rest of us.

Peace

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
imo if you want to invest in bitcoin your better option is to just wait for the price to lower a little bit and buy some bitcoins  Roll Eyes
however if you where to order a jalapeño now...it will arrive like in 6 months if you're lucky Roll Eyes and I think at the most you could probably recover your money...if you're very lucky  Sad
This all depends on whether your purchasing with bitcoins or fiat. btc value changes wildly and after 6 months could be worth a lot more or a lot less.  Is your exit strategy to move back into fiat or stick with cryptocurencies for the long term?
however if you where to order a jalapeño now...it will arrive like in 6 months if you're lucky Roll Eyes and I think at the most you could probably recover your money...if you're very lucky  Sad
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
Yeah, and I'm just candidly discussing the current share value. Let me ask you, would you pay $2400 to have a Jalapeno in your lap in a week? Two weeks?
I think that at $2400 it will take like 6 or 7 months to start making some profit  Undecided
Yeah, and I'm just candidly discussing the current share value. Let me ask you, would you pay $2000 to have a Jalapeno in your lap in a week? Two weeks?
Well, I'm not rich by any means and I would hesitate to part with $2400 for anything, but based on the auctions for the ASICMiner boards
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asicminer-auction-50-block-erupter-blades-check-op-for-payment-189248
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/asicminer-auction-10-block-erupter-blades-ended-178275

I can say confidently that yes, many people would be willing to pay 2400 dollars for a Jalapeno in their lap in a week, and probably 2 weeks.

Yeah, and I'm just candidly discussing the current share value. Let me ask you, would you pay $2400 to have a Jalapeno in your lap in a week? Two weeks?
I've answered this several times on this thread already, but the BFL SC Singles we bought promised 60+gh/s each, and we have seven of them on order. These boards alone will provide 420+gh/s to Cognitve, which devided by the current number of outstanding shares (8619) = 48.72955099 mh/s per share.

After we spend out growth funds and COG.F funds, this value will only rise!

Cheers,
Garrett

So at ~0.25BTC/share it will cost just over 5BTC per GH/s? From another perspective, 5 GH/s would be 9x the cost of a Jalapeno.
True; however, there are also Avalon boards on order as well.  And there is also time of delivery, operation, and management to take into consideration. 
How much time is going to take to send the fpga singles and receive the 60gh/s asic?
I've answered this several times on this thread already, but the BFL SC Singles we bought promised 60+gh/s each, and we have seven of them on order. These boards alone will provide 420+gh/s to Cognitve, which devided by the current number of outstanding shares (8619) = 48.72955099 mh/s per share.

Cheers,
Garrett

So at ~0.25BTC/share it will cost just over 5BTC per GH/s? From another perspective, 5 GH/s would be 9x the cost of a Jalapeno.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Can you still upgrade the order?

Upgrade to what? The orders are for 60gh units if I am not mistaken.

I think there's some confusion here. We placed an order for upgrades for our seven FPGA Singles. We are going to send those to BFL, then they will send the new 60+gh/s ASIC boards.

--Garrett
Activity: 110
Upgrade to what? The orders are for 60gh units if I am not mistaken.
Activity: 968
Merit: 515
Can you still upgrade the order?
Activity: 251
Du hast
BFL are starting to ship the 30GH/s models (according to an email I got from them), so I hope the 60GH/s come quickly next.  Good luck!

Glad to see someone else received that email, but it asked to confirm your order, I didn't see any option to confirm after logging in, did you?

EDIT: Nevermind, the site is asking me now, was a war with Cloudfare before, guess the rush to confirm was overwhelming.
legendary
What's a GPU?
I just logged in to BFL and accepted the new terms (increased volume & power consumption) so we're ready to receive the ASICs. Woohoo!
Activity: 97
BFL are starting to ship the 30GH/s models (according to an email I got from them), so I hope the 60GH/s come quickly next.  Good luck!
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Dividend accidentally not get put in again?

Yes, and I really apologize for paying dividends late two weeks in a row! In my mind that is unacceptable, so don't get used to it.

I was in St. Louis for the World FRC Robotics Championship where we took 14th place of 400 teams. We didn't get in the top 5 because we dropped our 120 lb bot from a 10 foot tall pyramid! So we were dysfunctional for two of our eight qualification matches which set us back substantially. We had a few super long and stressful days, so although it isn't a good excuse, that is mine for neglecting to pay dividends on time.

Because of this, I'm going to build a script that will use the BTC-TC API and transfer bitcoins to the account and schedule dividends automatically. Hopefully after that is in place this will be a non-issue.

Awaiting delivery of our ASICs,
Garrett

Congratulations! 14 out of 400 is definitely pretty good!
legendary
What's a GPU?
What will be the GH/share when BFL delivers?

Cheers,
Garrett
Jump to: