Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 117. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
http://coin.furuknap.net/
Garr, are you considering the Metabank ASIC as an investment opportunity?

.b
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Garr http://bfl.ptz.ro/ is claiming you as received a jally.

Ah I see. I'm not sure why someone changed that. I upgraded that order to a SC Single so it has not been shipped yet.

However I did get an shipping confirmation for another one of my personal orders for a Jalapeno this morning Cheesy It was in the mid 2000s.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Garr http://bfl.ptz.ro/ is claiming you as received a jally.
Activity: 784
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Huh. I sent Theymos a PM before I saw that^.

For now, I've removed Theymos from my trust list, resolving the problem. If the people he trusts can't be trusted to trust the right people, then I can't trust his trust.

("Trust" sound funny now? It's called "Semantic Satiation.")
legendary
What's a GPU?
Higher dividend this week compared to the last 3 weeks.  I was assuming Cognitive was making up a smaller portion of the total network work the last few weeks which would explain the lower returns, but this week we're back over 5btc.  What's the reason for that?  Just lucky this week?

Actually what happened was my dividend script ran before my growth fund script, making the dividend 2x what it should be. This was my mistake so I'm going to add the appropriate amount to the growth fund using my own coins.

Cheers,
Garrett

PS:

<<-- regarding my negative feedback right now, I have no idea why that guy left it, as I've never communicated with him before. I've sent him and theymos a PM asking to change it.
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
Higher dividend this week compared to the last 3 weeks.  I was assuming Cognitive was making up a smaller portion of the total network work the last few weeks which would explain the lower returns, but this week we're back over 5btc.  What's the reason for that?  Just lucky this week?
Activity: 784
0xFB0D8D1534241423
Hey garr says you got your jalapeño is this true?

Nope, I haven't received anything yet. What says I got a Jally?
Maybe he's talking to camolist or Goat?
legendary
What's a GPU?

Nope, I haven't received anything yet. What says I got a Jally?
Activity: 896
thanks to the buyer(s) of my shares today. and thanks Garr255 for running this asset.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Assuming BFL delivers, I have a single SC coming I may not wish to operate. Would COGNITIVE think about setting up a hardware-for-shares scenario?

Possibly. We have done this in the past for an x6500 board, but that was because the hardware was actually in hand before we made the trade. Ping us again after you've received the hardware.
Activity: 109
There's a rumor going around that the "long boards" BFL received are being sent back.  Has anyone heard or seen evidence of this?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Science!
Assuming BFL delivers, I have a single SC coming I may not wish to operate. Would COGNITIVE think about setting up a hardware-for-shares scenario?

You could scale Hardware Hashrate to network difficulty to establish a fair hardware/shares exchange rate:
where a variable, k, defines the fractional hashing power acquired:
Code:
 [Hashing Power acquired]
------------------------------ = k
   [Network Difficulty]

and the constant, X, is a value which will determine the reward in shares for the fractional hashing power acquired

SO THAT:
k * X = Shares rewarded to hardware seller

This might attract other hardware-providing investors who want to ensure a profit on their hardware purchase:
They could sell their shares for one-time profit on their initial hardware investment (assuming Shares*[share value] > [hardware purchase cost])
They could hold their shares as future hardware-providing investors would likely increase the dividends and potentially share value.

Personally, I am looking to invest in a mining collaborative dedicated to aggressively bringing on new equipment.

I apologize for the Thread-SPAM as I am not a shareholder, but I am looking for a mining collaborative to invest in that possesses the proper attitude towards the future, and I thought I would seed the idea in a project that had some momentum.

Cheers,
Exo
Activity: 104
Maybe we should check out 1 of these: https://cryoniks.com/#!/app/frostbit/

EDIT: probably a scam according to every body, but still cool.
Yeah, it's extremely likely to be a scam. I vote no. Smiley
Activity: 697
Merit: 501
Hi Garr, it seems that all of the COG.F shares are now sold. Any word on what you have planned with the proceeds? Avalon chips?  Edit: NM, that is what the current votes will decide.
Maybe we should check out 1 of these: https://cryoniks.com/#!/app/frostbit/

Make sure your sitting down when you click the link.  I am reading up on it now trying to find expected shipping dates.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: probably a scam according to every body, but still cool.
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
Hi Garr, it seems that all of the COG.F shares are now sold. Any word on what you have planned with the proceeds? Avalon chips?  Edit: NM, that is what the current votes will decide.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Garr you going to be one of those 200 5/ghs miners they are shipping tomorrow?  Wink

I would have been, but I upgraded that personal order of mine to a SC Single, which they still aren't shipping yet :/ It should be soon!
Garr you going to be one of those 200 5/ghs miners they are shipping tomorrow?  Wink
Activity: 634
Merit: 500
Just to be clear: If the motion ends up not passing then I will be out the 50btc and Cognitive suffers no loss, which is a risk I am happy to take.

You won't be out 50BTC, you be knee deep in ASIC chips for your own personal use.  Wink

Still, it's good to see that Cognitive has another option at its disposal.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Because I'm confident that the motion for the Avalon chips will pass, I have placed an order for 581 (50BTC worth of) ASIC chips from the group-buy operated by steamboat using my own funds. I am fronting my own money because it will get us our chips faster Smiley

Just to be clear: If the motion ends up not passing then I will be out the 50btc and Cognitive suffers no loss, which is a risk I am happy to take.

Cheers,
Garrett
Jump to: