Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 139. (Read 300616 times)

legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1356
aka tonikt
That venture has been scrapped due to popular demand.
It has restored all my trust in Cognitive.
Good choice!
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
The seller of the x6500 mentioned in the above motion has agreed to take 125 shares directly in exchange for the x6500. This means no shares will be sold publicly, and this will only increase Cognitive's ROI!

Please adjust your votes accordingly!
legendary
What's a GPU?
Shares are down to below 0.55 now (got some for cheap too Grin). So this is a great deal, unless that FPGA breaks next day  Cool

It was purchased with Cognitive's order, so it will break down right when the rest of the boards do Tongue (Long, long time.)

I will be accepting bulk orders (50+) for 12 hours after the motion passes, then they will be put up for sale publicly.

Hmm, I thought that the board seller wants to actually exchange the  board for shares at 0.6, as he wants to reinvest into Cognitive. But nevermind, it should be sold at 0.6 publicly anyways.

I will ask if he wants to do this. If he does, I will probably see a change in the overall attitude toward the motion Smiley

Yeah, I think these side projects fall under "conflict of interest." Sad

Here is a nice response to that:
In response to those concerned with diluting GLBSE share values:

To clarify my previous statement: It is possible that this venture might compete with Cognitive among other GLBSE assets, but even if it does, it will be an extremely shot term hindrance. It will only compete until all twelve slots are sold, then (because they are not publicly traded) there should be very little interference.

I am by no means going to ignore or mistreat other assets I maintain. I plan to raise a motion to issue more cognitive shares to upgrade the current Singles to SC Singles, and will do so after the current motion ends.

To add to that, I will be spending no less time on Cognitive that I have in the past. (Actually I'm upgrading MPBM right now Smiley)

That venture has been scrapped due to popular demand.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Yeah, I think these side projects fall under "conflict of interest." Sad
Activity: 717
Merit: 501
A shareholder has requested that we raise a motion to purchase the x6500 from him that I have been hosting remotely. He is willing to sell it for 75BTC (which he said he will reinvest into Cognitive!). The motion ends 60 hours after this post.

The motion will pass if 70% of voters vote "yes", and is as follows:

Issue 138 shares at 0.6 per share to purchase one x6500 board. This board will be hashing for Cognitive instantly after the purchase, for a total increase of 400mh/s.

The operator will maintain his contractually granted 10% and will receive 13 shares.

Vote "yes" here! https://glbse.com/vote/view/75

Additionally, our order for seven BFL Singles has been confirmed!

Why should we even consider buying it.  The new sc made it obsolete and he is just using shareholders to pay for his bad investment.  What is the estimated resale value of this in 6 months.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
The first is by definition not flawed.
I would like to raise a motion forbidding Garr255 from raising the hashpower of the total network
outside of his already listed COGNITIVE and SYNERGY.

We as shareholders of this/his company demand that he does refrain from launching private or other
sideprojects to bitcoin like his proposed:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=89223.msg983966;topicseen#msg983966
without previous aggrement with his shareholders.

Sincerely
Armin Schuckart
Activity: 350
Merit: 257
Trust No One
Shares are down to below 0.55 now (got some for cheap too Grin). So this is a great deal, unless that FPGA breaks next day  Cool

It was purchased with Cognitive's order, so it will break down right when the rest of the boards do Tongue (Long, long time.)

I will be accepting bulk orders (50+) for 12 hours after the motion passes, then they will be put up for sale publicly.

Hmm, I thought that the board seller wants to actually exchange the  board for shares at 0.6, as he wants to reinvest into Cognitive. But nevermind, it should be sold at 0.6 publicly anyways.
legendary
What's a GPU?

Activity: 350
Merit: 257
Trust No One
Shares are down to below 0.55 now (got some for cheap too Grin). So this is a great deal, unless that FPGA breaks next day  Cool
Activity: 784
0xFB0D8D1534241423
legendary
What's a GPU?
A shareholder has requested that we raise a motion to purchase the x6500 from him that I have been hosting remotely. He is willing to sell it for 75BTC (which he said he will reinvest into Cognitive!). The motion ends 60 hours after this post.

The motion will pass if 70% of voters vote "yes", and is as follows:

Issue 138 shares at 0.6 per share to purchase one x6500 board. This board will be hashing for Cognitive instantly after the purchase, for a total increase of 400mh/s.

The operator will maintain his contractually granted 10% and will receive 13 shares.

Vote "yes" here! https://glbse.com/vote/view/75

Additionally, our order for seven BFL Singles has been confirmed!
legendary
What's a GPU?
Have you considered picking up these BFL units quicker via people that seem to be bailing out on them here on the boards?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

Some of them seem to have a little premium on them, but it may be worth it in terms of lost opportunity cost.

eg: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-bfl-singles-rev3-cancelled-88839

Yes, and I did purchase three Singles for between 150-165 coins for myself, but as for Cognitive, we have already placed the order from BFL, which is not easily refundable by them because they have Bit-Pay configured to automate the BTC --> USD conversion.

Best,
Garrett
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006
Lead Blockchain Developer
Have you considered picking up these BFL units quicker via people that seem to be bailing out on them here on the boards?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=75.0

Some of them seem to have a little premium on them, but it may be worth it in terms of lost opportunity cost.

eg: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-bfl-singles-rev3-cancelled-88839

legendary
What's a GPU?
How long from confirmed to actually shipped and running.  Also what is a CD?  I hope it ain't a US dollar based certificate of deposit.  Seems better just to hold bitcoin.

BFL's current lead time is less than 10 weeks. We will be depositing the spare coins into an account with Kluge, where he will pay interest on them for the duration of time we keep them with him. This is much better than simply letting the coins sit, because even if the value of BTC decreases (Highly unlikely) in the time between now and when we retreive the coins from Kluge, we will most likely come out with more assets.

I am long Bitcoin, in case you were wondering Smiley
Activity: 717
Merit: 501
How long from confirmed to actually shipped and running.  Also what is a CD?  I hope it ain't a US dollar based certificate of deposit.  Seems better just to hold bitcoin.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Our order of Seven Singles has been confirmed by BFL.

As soon as we can, we will be trading up to SC Singles, keeping up with the ASIC race!
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Better hope you get them early because once them things get out there in force that is going to be like running a single 5770 today..

I sent emails to all of the BFL employees whose addresses are public within minutes of their announcement Smiley

Smart move the first people to get their hands on these things get a definite leg up.

leg up? You mean first leg down the road of it ever paying off.

I'm dubious on these things ever being paid off as well but if you can get that 1th/s box a week before every one else you just might have chance at doing that. The math 1/13*7200coins a day=553BTC*$6*7days=$23261 so only $6k/~1000btc needed over the rest of its lifetime to get it done. Now with multiple boxes shipping a day going into to service not a hope in hell to ever pay them off.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
The first is by definition not flawed.
Better hope you get them early because once them things get out there in force that is going to be like running a single 5770 today..

I sent emails to all of the BFL employees whose addresses are public within minutes of their announcement Smiley

Smart move the first people to get their hands on these things get a definite leg up.

leg up? You mean first leg down the road of it ever paying off.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100

legendary
What's a GPU?

Jump to: