Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 140. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Does this message change the mining strategy ?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87934.msg966895;topicseen#msg966895

1)    BitForce SC Jalapeno: a USB powered coffee warmer providing 3.5 GH/s, priced at under $149
2)    BitForce SC Single: a standalone unit providing roughly 40 GH/s, priced at $1,299
3)    BitForce SC Mini Rig: a case & rack mount server providing 1 TH/s, priced at $29,899

This will effect all miners, but if BFL stays consistent, there will be plenty of time for preparation between now and this change.

Because of our recent purchase of Singles, we might have a priority in upgrading to three BitForce SCs and two Jalapenos, for a total hashrate of 134200mh/s. This is nearly 21mh/s per share!

Better hope you get them early because once them things get out there in force that is going to be like running a single 5770 today..
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?

1)    BitForce SC Jalapeno: a USB powered coffee warmer providing 3.5 GH/s, priced at under $149
2)    BitForce SC Single: a standalone unit providing roughly 40 GH/s, priced at $1,299
3)    BitForce SC Mini Rig: a case & rack mount server providing 1 TH/s, priced at $29,899

This will effect all miners, but if BFL stays consistent, there will be plenty of time for preparation between now and this change.

Because of our recent purchase of Singles, we might have a priority in upgrading to three BitForce SCs and two Jalapenos, for a total hashrate of 134200mh/s. This is nearly 21mh/s per share!
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

1)    BitForce SC Jalapeno: a USB powered coffee warmer providing 3.5 GH/s, priced at under $149
2)    BitForce SC Single: a standalone unit providing roughly 40 GH/s, priced at $1,299
3)    BitForce SC Mini Rig: a case & rack mount server providing 1 TH/s, priced at $29,899
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
How many shares does Kluge own?
I post all of my positions, lendees, and lenders publicly @ https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Ao892S4MOoDZdGZSbjJVd1ZTbFVLZE5aRE95bE91NVE&output=html

It's a fair bit out of date (at least as far as lendees -- most of those people paid interest and renewed). I've had other stuff going on. I'm down to a bit over 1k Cognitive shares ATM. I doubt I'm any longer the largest shareholder.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Because BTC has hit $6.10, we were able to purchase seven BitForce Singles!

This cost 669.1997 coins, leaving us with a reserve of 50.01.
This will increase our hashrate from 7200mh/s to at least 13024mh/s, and at most 13472mh/s. This is because of the possible firmware upgrades for the Singles, depending solely on the Single's cooling.
Although with the ASIC trade in option BFL will be offering, we might be receiving much more hashpower!

We will need to purchase a host for the new hardware, as our current host that I have been providing isn't powerful enough, and because of the possibility that Singles and x6500s cannot run on the same host due to driver limitations. Our current reserve funds are more than sufficient for this, and the remainder of the funds will be put in a CD as specified in the motion.

All of our transaction and dividend history is available at http://cognitivemining.com/

(Additionally, putting "Cognitive Mining!" in your sig doesn't hurt your investment Wink)
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
OK face.jpg

You can raise a motion at any time and it will pass if you get the votes. Thats how it works Smiley
legendary
What's a GPU?

This could be considered private information, so I'm going to let him decide whether he wants to answer.

[Update to be published in a few minutes.]
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
legendary
What's a GPU?
Kluge contacted me requesting a revote, and being the majority shareholder he is he could have demanded one, but he knew I would definitely support a revote. Not paying the mega dividend will benefit Cognitive immensely.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
The first is by definition not flawed.
Activity: 350
Merit: 257
Trust No One
I was gone for half a week and come back to see my dividend canceled by a short notice revote.

May I ask by what authority?

Is not a vote necessary to demand a revote?
I mean all in 3 days?

From contract: The operator reserves the rights, regardless of the amount of shares owned, to raise a motion, and sell all hardware.
Activity: 476
The first is by definition not flawed.
I was gone for half a week and come back to see my dividend canceled by a short notice revote.

May I ask by what authority?

Is not a vote necessary to demand a revote?
I mean all in 3 days?

legendary
What's a GPU?
The singles will be purchased after our funds are entirely converted into BTC, which will be within 14 days.

How went the purchase of bitcoins from JWU42? And do you really mean to convert into BTC?

I sent out a check on Monday. He's going to send the coins when it clears.
Activity: 350
Merit: 257
Trust No One
The singles will be purchased after our funds are entirely converted into BTC, which will be within 14 days.

How went the purchase of bitcoins from JWU42? And do you really mean to convert into BTC?
legendary
What's a GPU?
The second round of voting is closed. Here are the results:

Yes   No   Votes  Ratio (%)

1:
625  3004  3629    21

2:
690  2873  3563    24

3:
817  2765  3582    30

4:
731  2875  3606    25

5:
2375   1288   3663   184

6:
95    3514   3609   3

7:
1695   2192   3887   77

I'm very pleased to announce that Motion 5 is the winner. We have enough funds to buy six BitForce Singles, which will increase our total hashrate from 7200mh/s to at least 12192mh/s (assuming 832mh/s from each unit).

legendary
What's a GPU?
Voting will close on June 13th at 06:00 pm GLBSE time.

How'd voting turn out?

The motions just expired 40 seconds ago. I don't know why it was so late, but I'll be back with the results in a minute.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Voting will close on June 13th at 06:00 pm GLBSE time.

How'd voting turn out?
legendary
What's a GPU?
That's quite a hit, 7. I'm going to send you a few coins for all the help you've given and basically the reworking of MPBM for Cognitive.

In other news, a massive lightning storm just passed through, which was completely awesome. It looked like someone had set up thousands of strobe lights in my yard. I just felt another thunder shockwave! I tried to get some video, but I didn't have a camera near by and the Blackberry didn't cut it.
More importantly, we had a power surge that put my stereo into demo mode, and the FPGAs cycled power (along with the host) and lost their bitstreams.

Everything is back to normal now and we're hashing away as usual. Everything corrected itself the way it should, and required no involvement on my part. I'm glad I was here to see it happen so we all know that thunder and lightning are no match for Cognitive Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
FPGA Mining LLC
What happened ? COGNITIVE    [email protected] Somebody mistyped ?

Maybe another compromised account

I can sadly confirm this theory :/

Dis the affect your own asset in any way?

If you mean the FPGA.Mining asset, this isn't being managed by me, but by fizzisist, so it isn't affected at all.
As an asset manager I would of course use a whole lot of additional security measures.
Activity: 388
What happened ? COGNITIVE    [email protected] Somebody mistyped ?

Maybe another compromised account

I can sadly confirm this theory :/

Dis the affect your own asset in any way?
Jump to: