Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 148. (Read 300616 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?

Not that site in particular but I do want to use p2pool. Right now now host computer just isn't powerful enough.

legendary
What's a GPU?
No I do not. They're all stacked on top of my server, which is not made of cardboard Wink

I'm going to do my best to keep the company going as long as possible. I expect it to continue operating for more than five years.

Anyway, I'm going to be releasing an expansion plan in the coming weeks!
Activity: 717
Merit: 501
Steelhouse, I plan on taking this to college with me. Because the boards don't take up much space at all, that shouldn't be a problem. So there will be about a week of downtime in about 1.5 years Tongue

And ElectricBrain, no problem!

I was hoping you had expansionary plans.  It may get destroyed in college.  Also, do you still keep the boards on cardboard, seems it might be a fire hazard if a fan breaks or something.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Steelhouse, I plan on taking this to college with me. Because the boards don't take up much space at all, that shouldn't be a problem. So there will be about a week of downtime in about 1.5 years Tongue

And ElectricBrain, no problem!
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
This dude is 16? Shocked

I'm floored. Also inspired.

I'm going to be paying very close attention to the going ons of this mining op.

Garret, I'll be PMing you to ask about a billion questions. Hope you don't mind.
Activity: 717
Merit: 501
I did some calc hopefully they are right:
You generate about 4.67 BTC per day with 7 gh/s
Your electricity costs are about $.13 per BTC or about 3%.  (In Los Angeles using old equipment it cost me $4.80 to make a btc)

I had a question if you decide to give this up or go to college in a couple years, rather than selling the equipment, maybe you could find someone you trust to takeover the operation - preferably in Idaho.  These miners should be profitable for at least 5 years, unless a new fpga is made.  Thus the stock/bond will go on.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Dividends for this week have been paid and are again higher than the previous week.

Also, here's a long exposure shot of the boards! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9542654/btc/IMG_0029.JPG
legendary
What's a GPU?
Thank you!

I'm happy that you are all happy with the way I'm operating Cognitive!
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
Just wanted to drop in and say I am very impressed by your operation and website, you are doing a fantastic job! This really sets the standard for anyone else out there, and I'm sure I'm not the only person when I say this kind of transparency and competence is greatly appreciated. Keep up the good work! I have invested a few shares recently and look forward to doing it again soon.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Speaking of uptime, we are getting through some downtime right now Tongue

I had to give my router a new IP, and MPBM didn't adjust on-the-fly, as most programs don't. I just restarted it and the bitstreams are uploading.
Activity: 720
Merit: 525

Fantastic uptime, Garrett! You clearly are doing a good job managing these. Keep it up!
legendary
What's a GPU?
legendary
What's a GPU?
Activity: 465
Merit: 254
Just wanted to drop by and say how impressed I am by your operation.
This is how a Bitcoin company should be run, very transparent with everything on a very nice looking website.
Community needs more people like you. Much respect!
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
Yes. I've already been accepted to Clipse's 110% pool but have not yet switched over the miners. I plan to do that this week, along with getting graphs fully functional.

Great to know that. Keep up with your nice work.

I've actually started looking forward to your expansion plan. Smiley
legendary
What's a GPU?
Yes. I've already been accepted to Clipse's 110% pool but have not yet switched over the miners. I plan to do that this week, along with getting graphs fully functional.
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
The dividends have been paid. Thanks.

A little less than 150% of last week though. Will you consider using a (>100% PPS) pool like Bitbond does?
legendary
What's a GPU?
It seems that this week the dividend will be doubled.
Indeed it does, or maybe 150%
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
It seems that this week the dividend will be doubled.
Jump to: