Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 150. (Read 300616 times)

donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015
Need cheap shares. Drama, please.

Garr, your ID is fake. In reality, you live in Austria. *f5's GLBSE portfolio*

I need cheap shares, too. I am agree with Kluge. Garr's ID is fake, live in Austria. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You're both wrong...IT'S AUSTRALIA.
Whoa, what? You're now releasing the personal information of asset-creators? Garr, you better start some shit with Nefario (or, as he's better-known in the community, NEFARIOUS!).  Shocked
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]

I need cheap shares, too. I am agree with Kluge. Garr's ID is fake, live in Austria. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

You're both wrong...IT'S AUSTRALIA.
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

donator

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
FPGA Mining LLC
Garrett decided to use Eligius in the short term until things are fully up and running, which I proposed because it's extremely easy to set up (doesn't even need registration), and because it is zero-fee.

In the long term he said he might be going for P2Pool, but we'll have to check if the available infrastructure can handle this efficiently.
I'm already struggling to keep stales <1% for the current Eligius setup, and it would be a whole lot worse with P2Pool, probably requiring a more powerful host PC, which effectively costs us money, and probably wouldn't pay off.

Eligius is probably a good choice until things are settled, and once they are we will evaluate which pool will offer the highest ROI.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
I would reccomend slush for the short term
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Hi, I am subbing the thread since this is my first GLBSE investment.

Just a question: are you sure that Eligius is the best option to mine in?
I experienced a +20% increase in daily income passing from Slush to ABCpool.

It is my understanding that he intends to move to p2pool once everything else is running smoothly. Depending on how short/long term mining on Eligius is it might be smart to switch to a different pool though.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
Hi, I am subbing the thread since this is my first GLBSE investment.

Just a question: are you sure that Eligius is the best option to mine in?
I experienced a +20% increase in daily income passing from Slush to ABCpool.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
You're welcome to take a look at the logs.
FPGA Mining LLC
MPBM crashed about an hour ago. Fixed and hashing again.

Huh? I'd be very interested in any details regarding that? I haven't seen it crash in a loooong time, and even if it would, it should manage to automatically recover from most situations...
legendary
What's a GPU?
MPBM crashed about an hour ago. Fixed and hashing again.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Thanks, TheSeven.

The first dividend will not be today, it will be next Saturday, because Eligius hasn't paid out yet.
Eligius just payed out, so the dividend will be today (120 confirmations takes a long time, so the dividend will after all be next Saturday, 4.14.2012 as planned) after all 120 confirmations required for mined coins, and every Saturday in the future of Cognitive.
In case you missed it on a previous page, you can see the pool stats here: http://eligius.st/~artefact2/7/15XmWTsyLp6WVMCn52sSTm1tB9NXyP9fRM?autorefresh=1

I've been experimenting with cooling strategies today, so that's why the hashrate has been down. The risers should arrive early next week which will hopefully allow for better cooling, and the last batch of x6500s hasn't shipped out yet, but should arrive the next week.
FPGA Mining LLC
This morning I'm weeding out the boards that can't handle the 200mhz firmware temperature wise, then giving them better cooling. One or two of them was getting above 40C, but the reason for all the stales at that firmware is still being looked for.

Looks like an overly high CPU load (on a not quite powerful CPU) is triggering some weird behavior in MPBM that makes it even worse.
I've nailed down why these stales are happening, just have to figure out a way how to fix that without breaking anything else... Roll Eyes
legendary
What's a GPU?
This morning I'm weeding out the boards that can't handle the 200mhz firmware temperature wise, then giving them better cooling. One or two of them was getting above 40C, but the reason for all the stales at that firmware is still being looked for.
donator
All the more than 100 shares(2%) asking orders around 0.65 were wiped out.
Smiley Waiting for the correction before I go in again.

As I guess, even if there is a correction, the volume won't be significant enough for you(a Hero member, lots of bitcoin, haha).
legendary
What's a GPU?
All six new boards set up. Going to reboot everything and try out the 200mhz firmware.

Edit: 12 boards get 4400mh, but tons of stales at the higher clock speed. Going back to the overclocker firmware now.

Getting 3300mh now, with fewer stales. Six more boards will be in the mail shortly!
donator
Smiley Waiting for the correction before I go in again.
donator
legendary
What's a GPU?
Speaking of expansion, six more boards arrived today! I'll try to get them all hashing away tonight.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9542654/btc/IMG_00000063.jpg
legendary
What's a GPU?
Alright, sounds good. Speaking for the company: We're happy to expand, if the price is right!
Jump to: