Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 152. (Read 300616 times)

legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
When I get home I'm going to reinstall Ubuntu. Thanks for the help.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
FPGA Mining LLC
I'm on IRC with fiz, 7, and fpgaminer right now trying to get everything working.

Your Bitcoins > my sleep!

Seems like the Bitcoins lost in the end though.
As a shareholder of your company, I'm perfectly fine with allowing you to have your well deserved 3 hours of sleep though Smiley

The bad news is, that fizzisist and me did some more testing, and failed to reproduce any of your problems. It just works perfectly fine, even with the old pyusb and python 2.6/2.7.
Which means you have two options now:
  • Debug this on your rig, to figure out what's so special about it and hopefully fix it  Angry
  • Try switching to PyUSB 1.x and see if this can scare away that bug Grin
legendary
What's a GPU?
I'm on IRC with fiz, 7, and fpgaminer right now trying to get everything working.

Your Bitcoins > my sleep!
Activity: 504
FPGA Mining LLC
Yes, six are here! I put heatsinks on two of them and tried to get them set up, with little success. I'm running into error after error with both mpbm and x6500 miner.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9542654/btc/mineing.png

I have school tomorrow, and I'm going to give this another 30 minutes so I'll have 4 hours to sleep!

Does cgminer work with the x6500's ?

If so, you might want to give that a try.

It doesn't.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Yes, six are here! I put heatsinks on two of them and tried to get them set up, with little success. I'm running into error after error with both mpbm and x6500 miner.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9542654/btc/mineing.png

I have school tomorrow, and I'm going to give this another 30 minutes so I'll have 4 hours to sleep!
legendary
What's a GPU?
I don't mine for them, I was just saying they're located within a few miles.
legendary
Activity: 889
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

Ha, thanks, I probably am, along with the guys who run the bitclockers pool.

Why would you do that? These guys have already proven to be the most shady pool out there. Why dont you go with OZCO.IN or Eclipse.. something that is a trusted pool at least.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Just got home to a few boxes... http://cognitivemining.com/gallery.html
hopefully one with x6500s will arrive tomorrow!
legendary
What's a GPU?
After reading that you are in ID I am going to buy some shares. I'm in MT and you are probably the closest operation to me!

Ha, thanks, I probably am, along with the guys who run the bitclockers pool.

Just wanted to say.. Nice job Garr. You have kept everything organized.

Thank you!
Notice:
The reason the web site has been weird lately is I edited it with my web host's interface, instead of Dreamweaver. I'll fix that when I get home tomorrow. Nonsense, I'll teamviewer into it and get it done now Tongue Done.

Great!

But it seems that the reporting infrastructure is not ready on the site. The mining hash power status, the real time bitcoin balance, I think all this should be reported as btcsyn.com does.

With time, it will be. Probably this week. I need to play around with MBPM while it's mining to figure out how to use it's supposedly beautiful API.
legendary
Activity: 889
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan
Just wanted to say.. Nice job Garr. You have kept everything organized.
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
Thanks, guys! I'm pretty excited to get everything up and running next week!

Edit: The first six boards have been shipped! Should arrive Monday or Tuesday.

Great!

But it seems that the reporting infrastructure is not ready on the site. The mining hash power status, the real time bitcoin balance, I think all this should be reported as btcsyn.com does.
Activity: 267
Merit: 250
After reading that you are in ID I am going to buy some shares. I'm in MT and you are probably the closest operation to me!
legendary
What's a GPU?
Thanks, guys! I'm pretty excited to get everything up and running next week!

Edit: The first six boards have been shipped! Should arrive Monday or Tuesday.
donator
Activity: 490
18 x6500 boards, thats really impressive.  This is going to be a sweet mining farm, I'm stoked.
legendary
What's a GPU?
Activity: 714
legendary
What's a GPU?
Assuming the ideal 400mh from each, yes.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
So it looks like we have 18 x6500s for a total of ~7.2GH?
legendary
What's a GPU?
That has been suggested by someone else as well, so that's what I'm planning to do.
Activity: 532
On another note, I believe we have everything we need purchased, now it's just the waiting game! We have about 27BTC of extra funds. What does everyone propose we do with this?

IMO, get an emergency fund created in case of unexpected expenses.
Jump to: