Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 26. (Read 300490 times)

Activity: 40
Merit: 0
For anyone who would like to have questions answered, or who would like to give input, we are doing an IRC right now at #cognitivemining on freenode.

- Samuel
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

Right, how is the datacenter going ?
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
I see an entry for the number of shares I own, but it doesn't match my email.  The hash that does match my email is lined up with 4 shares instead of 253. I presume a sort was done missing a column, or some other sort of error occurred.  Please let us know when this has been fixed.

edit:  if you are testing this from the CLI, ensure you do:

echo -n "[email protected]" | sha256sum

Don't forget the '-n' or it will include the newline and give the wrong hash.
I'm also not on the list using this command.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
I see an entry for the number of shares I own, but it doesn't match my email.  The hash that does match my email is lined up with 4 shares instead of 253. I presume a sort was done missing a column, or some other sort of error occurred.  Please let us know when this has been fixed.

edit:  if you are testing this from the CLI, ensure you do:

echo -n "[email protected]" | sha256sum

Don't forget the '-n' or it will include the newline and give the wrong hash.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
Activity: 234
Hey all,

Here is the current vote tally. If you don't see your vote, please resubmit in the format specified in the motion email.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16x2qqmv0JGmZizUHK1CvUB5qYskMz6XtV3GZEHFhJtM/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers,
Garrett

My email address is listed as owning more than 200 more shares than I actually own.

More incompetence, or more fraud?

Garret, please check your numbers, then answer this.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Hey all,

Here is the current vote tally. If you don't see your vote, please resubmit in the format specified in the motion email.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16x2qqmv0JGmZizUHK1CvUB5qYskMz6XtV3GZEHFhJtM/edit?usp=sharing

Cheers,
Garrett
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
Goat's posts are disappearing.. by whom?

Probably deleted by himself because his user ID does not appear in the modlog (Ctrl + F "44233" without quotation marks). All deleted posts are still visible on bitcointa.lk though (this thread is 6 pages longer).

Activity: 191
Goat's posts are disappearing.. by whom?
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
I think the best course of action would be to have a vote to remove/replace management.

This should happen soon before garr is slammed by the law.

If the feds do come for him, they will have a plethora of broken laws to choose from.

Exactly.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
Are the datacenter electricity rates really $0.37/kwh?
Activity: 40
Hello everyone,

Here are some updates/answers to questions/other info:

- The CT units sent to Canada are at the border right now. They should pass through security tomorrow morning and arrive at the datacenter by noon.

Garr, if you're lurking, miners 3, 5 & 6 are down and 4 & 7 need a reboot. There seems to have been some power event at ~17:00 GMT
- Garrett was just at the shop troubleshooting. The hashrate should increase momentarily.

- In response to questions about where the hardware will reside after this month: hardware will be moved to a different data center only if it is more profitable to do so. For the same reason, some units may stay in Bozeman - it just comes down to the math. We can discuss this more in a few weeks.

- The results of the motion will be released on Friday, and verified using SHA-256 hashes.

- Garrett and I were thinking it would be a good idea to do an IRC where anyone can ask questions, give input, etc. We are planning to do the IRC from 9AM to 10AM Mountain Central Time this Thursday Mar. 27. Use the channel #cognitivemining at chat.freenode.net.

Goat, shouldn't we be doing this using the appropriate forum of shareholder meetings, motions, and agreements?

You've made clear your feelings towards Garr, now let's find the means to secure COG's future by using the appropriate processes and procedures necessary to form an agreeable corporate structure going forward.

Now with regard to that, we should establish a corporate structure which would basically be an board to which operations would report. In COG's case, we are somewhat limited by the options available, but I do believe we could form a three or four person board representing: Operations, Large Shareholders, Small Shareholders, and Chairperson. Operations will be held responsible to the board, who may raise a motion to remove anyone they may feel isn't completing their duties. The board will be responsible for scheduling shareholder meetings, agendas, and ensuring that reports are published in a timely manner. The board might also be a good interface for the exchanges in dealing with COG.

Operations will consist of:
Finance
Mining Support
Shareholder support and PR
Hardware acquisition.

Given the size of the operation, it will be acceptable for one person to hold more than one role starting out. This should give us enough flexibility to secure the smooth running of the operation as well as ensuring that shareholders interests are looked after and maintained.

This is just a constructive suggestion to try and share my knowledge on the matter, any other suggestions would be welcome.
- Garrett thinks this may be a good idea. Anyone who would like to give input on this idea, or who would be interested in becoming a board member, please email either Garrett or me. Of course, nothing will be decided without a motion, but we would like to see what kind of interest exists.
Activity: 154
Regardless, it's a fact.  If you're going to quote charts and post numbers, dumping the ones you don't care for is shit practice -- do it right.

What numbers am I dumping?

There have been times when the share price went through the roof without the returns to justify it...

ORLY?  Times when the price went up to 20BTC per share?  'Coz that's the kind of upward outlier you'd need to match this x100 drop.  Ether learn to spin better or stop doing it altogether -- this ain't working 4 u.
Activity: 42
Regardless, it's a fact.  If you're going to quote charts and post numbers, dumping the ones you don't care for is shit practice -- do it right.

What numbers am I dumping?

There have been times when the share price went through the roof without the returns to justify it. See the jump from 0.5 to 1 BTC last July.

There have been times when the price dropped like a rock because of panic selling. See stabs dumping 400 odd shares into a shallow orderbook a couple of days ago.

You'll see similar movements for most other btc securities out there. A slight exception being ASICMiner.

However, for most BTC securities *in general*,  0.3 > ((weekly div)*52/(share price)) < 0.1
This means that, generally, people have decided that risking their money for a 10-30% reward was worth it.

When (or if) trading reopens for COG and the first dividends have been paid, people are going to try to value a share. History says that the above rule would be true (in normal circumstances), giving a price of >0.08 BTC. But at the moment, most people will be worried that either Garr will fuck up again or Goat will try to tear the whole thing apart. This will have an impact.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
... Traditionally bitcoin securities trade for between 3 and 10 times their instantaneous annualized return...

What does  that have to do with instantaneous annualized return for this ... thing, which, with the price dropping from .2 to .002, is amazingly negative?

This last drop to 0.002 BTC was the end result of Garrett fucking up, Stabs dumping his shares and Goat threatening to burn down what's left.

... Traditionally bitcoin securities trade for between 3 and 10 times their instantaneous annualized return...

What does  that have to do with annualized return for this ... thing, which, with the price dropping from .2 to .002, is amazingly negative?

Traditional securities don't depreciate by 50 to 200% *monthly*.  This is bitcoin mining, a very untraditional security Smiley

Check up historical prices and dividends. BTC mining securities generally have adjusted to maintain a yield of 10-30%, with the occasional spike up or down depending on news.

wut?  Historical prices tell me that no mining bonds have made money for "investors."  So not sure what you're saying.  The winner you picked closed at what, 1% of the IPO price?  Before trading was halted?  How do you figure 10-30%?

(Current weekly dividend) * 52 / (Current share price) was typically around 10-30%. If the yield goes up, the share price goes up to maintain the ratio  and vice versa.

Below is a historical graph for Cognitive on BTCT-CO. The yield got out of whack last July as the price spiked > 0.6 due to some hysteria and poorly thought out speculation on BTC securities.

http://www.coinflow.co/chart/COGNITIVE

Traditional securities don't depreciate by 50 to 200% *monthly*.  This is bitcoin mining, a very untraditional security Smiley

Check up historical prices and dividends. BTC mining securities generally have adjusted to maintain a yield of 10-30%, with the occasional spike up or down depending on news.

wut?  Historical prices tell me that no mining bonds have made money for "investors."  So not sure what you're saying.  The winner you picked closed at what, 1% of the IPO price?  Before trading was halted?  How do you figure 10-30%?
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
I think the best course of action would be to have a vote to remove/replace management.

This should happen soon before garr is slammed by the law.

If the feds do come for him, they will have a plethora of broken laws to choose from.
Pages:
Jump to: