Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 22. (Read 300490 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 500
Dolphins Finance TRUSTED FINANCE
Tried to vote ...

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject:   RE: Hosting Expenses Motion
      Sent:   1/04/2014 3:07 PM

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

'undisclosed-recipients:' on 1/04/2014 3:07 PM
            Server error: 'Invalid recipient'
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
Beside the fact that votes may not be accurate, why would anyone not want to liquidate hardware?

Surely it would be better to find a cheaper datacenter and fill it up with next gen asicminer chips.
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
For months and months Goat? Then why weren't you bitching at least one quarter of months and months ago? I'm with silver and alincon (who if you remember was making a fuss not too long ago, and now seems appeased.)

Didn't vote for liquidation, and won't.

e: also Goat, if you feel like throwing bitcoin away.. <--------
Activity: 222
Merit: 100
No I did not remember where it came from but point taken. In all honestly the way you behave sometimes makes it is easily confusing for me despite that.
Isn't that what your account is for Huh
While you're at it please take Havelock to court for freezing assets.

Good luck with that.
While you're at it please take Havelock to court for freezing assets.
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
No one's heard from Garrett regarding the vote tally. I didn't vote for liquidation and, to be clear, was not dumping shares before the trading halt..
Hi, I'm reading everyone talking about voting results indicating liquidation, and I'm wondering where they are?

Being myself the largest COG shareholder after Garr and not having voted for liquidation, I'm quite surprised of this supposed result.

Did you do your own calculations? You might be the only one who doesn't want to liquidate.

1/3rd earnings already paying for the absurdly expensive electricity.

Max they can earn from mining with 20th is like 50btc.

Max they can earn from liquidation is like 300btc.

Easy choice if you ask me.
Activity: 588
Its sad because just a week before you sold your shares at 0.002 I had purchased a few at 0.08 now its likely I will get nothing back. I agree that the liquidation should happen at this point I just want anything back I don't want to lose again after what happened with basic-mining.

The only thing is if Garr has been stealing money from this operation like you say then how do you expect him to liquidate the hardware and pay us. Won't he just keep stealing?
legendary
I have to say that it is very irresponsible for Havelock to stay silent for this long. I haven't received an email (although I have gotten about 5 emails plugging the same offering), no mention of it here, none on Havelock.  What gives?

Yeah, there really should be more communication.
What happened with the attempt to buy btct.co from burnside? That was a much better exchange. Particularly the motion system.

Agreed. btct.co was excellent in many respects. I wonder who bought it, if anyone?

Why did you sell @0.002 Goat?
I paid between 0.25-0.6 for the majority of my shares of cognitive, 0.002 is pretty much dust. I understand the desire to get something, anything but sheesh.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I have to say that it is very irresponsible for Havelock to stay silent for this long. I haven't received an email (although I have gotten about 5 emails plugging the same offering), no mention of it here, none on Havelock.  What gives?

Yeah, there really should be more communication.
What happened with the attempt to buy btct.co from burnside? That was a much better exchange. Particularly the motion system.
legendary
The only people who want to liquidate are the ones who bought all their shares at ฿0.002

I am the only one who sold at .002 BTC and i bought most of my shares in the .6 to 1 BTC range.

We do not like taking this loss but clearly with Garret running this show it is best to get back what we can from the units. The math does not lie. There are also other options that some of us are taking to get some of the funds back as well, and really you don't want Garr having control over your BTC when that stuff hits.

And anyway like it or not, Garr had a vote and the vast majority have voted for liquidation. It needs to happen now.

That's probably what triggered Havelock's alarm and caused them to freeze trading.
I think they implemented it to catch hacked accounts dumping shares like guybrush01's situation a few weeks ago.

But the fact they kept it locked down until Garr can get hashing power up and running is pretty much illegal. Havelock and Garr knows that this is not a "hacking" and they are manipulating the trading in a highly illegal way.

It's an unregulated exchange though. I don't know what (if any) laws would apply here.
But, yes. It shouldn't have happened. This whole situation is a mess.

The only people who want to liquidate are the ones who bought all their shares at ฿0.002

I am the only one who sold at .002 BTC and i bought most of my shares in the .6 to 1 BTC range.

We do not like taking this loss but clearly with Garret running this show it is best to get back what we can from the units. The math does not lie. There are also other options that some of us are taking to get some of the funds back as well, and really you don't want Garr having control over your BTC when that stuff hits.

And anyway like it or not, Garr had a vote and the vast majority have voted for liquidation. It needs to happen now.

That's probably what triggered Havelock's alarm and caused them to freeze trading.
I think they implemented it to catch hacked accounts dumping shares like guybrush01's situation a few weeks ago.
vip
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

Activity: 213
Merit: 102
Thanks for the math work guys.  It's pretty obvious what needs to happen. Unfortunate and costly to us all. Let's bury this and be on to better things.  I actually voted for the continuation of cognitive but can now see that it is a losing proposition. Blah  

Same here. Last week it was on the line. Some careful work could have turned it around. Now, events are working against us.

Hash rate is 22 TH/s now. Shame it wasn't a month ago.

The average price of the last 10 TerraMiners sold on ebay is $7,900. At the current exchange rate, that's 16.81 BTC per unit.

The "liquidation camp" is forgetting a few important things:

1. Taxes on units sold for USD

2. Ebay's substantial fees.  $7900 per CT unit will actually be more like $7200
Activity: 588
vip
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
I highly suspect Garr will either resist or just steal the BTC and/or equipment. Is there someone willing to take over just the selling of our hardware?

We need to get this sorted ASAP and as we all know how Garr just ignores issues for months I think it is better for someone else to do it.

And no, that personal can not be me.

Thanks
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
The Active Mining situation will bump difficulty growth to the high side of the 15-20% range. We were looking at growth in the top of the 10-15% range until Friedcat's gen 3 hit the market but Active Mining's ~4 PH/s will bump it up in the mean time.

Active Mining will do no such thing.  Active Mining is currently reselling HashFast boards, if Ken is to be taken at his word (which has always proved to be a mistake).  Active Mining's contribution to the hashrate, again if we take Ken at his word, is going to be negligibly small.
Pages:
Jump to: