Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 28. (Read 300490 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 509
if anyone can comment on how good ~$270/kWh/month is, that's what we've got. 
That's pretty bad actually. $270/month/kwh = $0.375/kwh
Compare that to other industrial scale mining operations which will get around $0.01-0.05/kwh

This can't be exact. If the price is that high, it must include air conditioning cooling (which would be perfect for the CT hardware).

Why does it matter what is using the electricity?
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
You do know that NDA stands for "Non-disclosure agreement" right?

Lol. I was thinking the same. But then again, now I dont have to sign the NDA. Haha
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
You do know that NDA stands for "Non-disclosure agreement" right?

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Ah yes, if I read the contract correctly that includes cooling.  I seem to remember hearing the figure that 60% of a data center's power usage goes into cooling.  I am sure that is highly variable depending on the layout and cooling techniques used at the data center, of course.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125
Compare that to other industrial scale mining operations which will get around $0.01-0.05/kwh

This can't be exact. If the price is that high, it must include air conditioning cooling (which would be perfect for the CT hardware).
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

This cannot be right.

I Live in the Netherlands, which is bloody expensive and i pay around $0.33/kwh. paying $0.045 more than i do is not cheap power.

Activity: 118
Merit: 10
So that is some interesting info about the hashfast thing.  I'm very concerned about that.  I believe Garr when he says this is a separate venture, but if Joe Entrepeneur owns Business A and Business B, the massive failure of Business B *could* impact Business A (and vice versa).  I understand why people are concerned.  Now there is Cognitive, Cognitive Mining, and FIMB all in-flight (any more?  If so, you should disclose them in case anyone else on this thread, like myself, doesn't follow the forums closely).

I think these are ok for now, but it is important for Cognitive Mining investors to understand these added risks due to your obligations and involvement with these other companies, separate though they are.

In other news, I've signed the Cognitive Mining NDA and Garrett has shared some documents with me.  I can tell you that I have viewed the contract for the data center space to run our machines.  It has Garrett's name on it, is priced in USD (but payable in BTC at the current exchange rate at http://bitcoinaverage.com/#USD), is in a location where power is likely to be very.  I don't have time to go figure out what the numbers mean, however, so if anyone can comment on how good ~$270/kWh/month is, that's what we've got.  Additionally, the contract specifies we pay for actual usage, not projected or total capacity, which is good.  Emergency support work is available for $100/hr, which seems reasonable should something explode.  Hopefully we won't need that of course =)

The contract required a down payment of ~8k to make it happen, and we all know garrett is running around like a headless chicken to make this happen, so I understand why he had to use COG funds for this.  If the motion fails, however, Garrett should pay back the funds to the reinvestment fund over time, as he is able.  We'll have to follow up about that later.  I believe he made that decision at the time trying to do the best thing for cognitive.

I have also viewed the contract with CoinTerra and I can confirm it is short and sweet.  The two main holes in the wording are:

1. The 30-days 30% thing (does that mean 0% after 29 days and 30% at 30 days, and 30% at 59 days and 60% at 60 days?  or 1% for each day)
2. Is "lateness" defined by the delivery of the first unit, or the last unit?

It sounds like Garrett has already gotten CT to commit to the reading of this document in our favor - and I think it is reasonable to presume that was the intent of the document (#2 is a stronger case for our favor than #1, but I think both could be argued if it came down to it).

I will continue to keep you guys up to date as more documents are shared with me, as much as I can do so within the confines of the NDA.  The cointerra NDA itself, for example, cannot be shared with me (which is weird, but having seen the contract between cog and CT, I don't see any reason to need the CT NDA itself).

It is my belief that none of the above information constitutes a violation of the NDA I signed with Cognitive Mining in order to view these documents, and furthermore, the only new piece of information I've revealed (besides to confirm what has already been said) is the price we are getting for power, which, in not revealing, would open the operators of Cognitive up to accusations of insider trading, so I am confident that is not a problem.
Are you going to address the issue regarding hashfast?

Yes: Cognitive Mining (The corporation involved in this company) is in no way affiliated with Hashfast and never will be without raising a motion.

Cognitive (A separate entity) is one controlled by me and is involved in deals with Hashfast. This does not effect Cognitive Mining or Cognitive Mining shareholders whatsoever.

I apologize for the confusion that comes from the similar names.

The hardware (eight Terraminers) is en route to the Canadian datacenter with a scheduled arrival time of Wednesday at 12pm EST.

Best,
Garrett

Just to be clear, you are using your own personal funds to bail out hashfast and any profits from this venture will not go to cog shareholders correct?

Correct. Cognitive Mining is not in anyway involved with Hashfast.

Thanks for clarification.

Are you aware that dragonminers and spondoolies are both $3/gh and 0.9w/gh at the wall for complete miners?

And you are charging $4.3/gh for a preorder of an incomplete miner that gets 1.2w/gh at the wall.
Activity: 42
Two questions.

1) What is the situation with Havelock? Nevermind. Answered above.

2) What will our final hashrate be after CoinTerra has delivered everything including the 1% per day deal?
legendary
Activity: 938
What's a GPU?

Yes: Cognitive Mining (The corporation involved in this company) is in no way affiliated with Hashfast and never will be without raising a motion.

Cognitive (A separate entity) is one controlled by me and is involved in deals with Hashfast. This does not effect Cognitive Mining or Cognitive Mining shareholders whatsoever.

The hardware (eight Terraminers) is en route to the Canadian datacenter with a scheduled arrival time of Wednesday at 12pm EST.

Best,
Garrett

Just to be clear, you are using your own personal funds to bail out hashfast and any profits from this venture will not go to cog shareholders correct?

Correct. Cognitive Mining is not in anyway involved with Hashfast.

Best,
Garrett

legendary
Activity: 938
What's a GPU?

Best,
Garrett
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Perhaps you should plead with someone who holds enough AsicMiner shares to franchise. Or take out some student loans rather than pool/divert income from shareholders.

I don't think you need to own AM shares to franchise. Just a buttload of cash.

Either way AM chips are the way to go.

Well Rockxie just made an IPO on the Gen 3 Chips so its likely you can franchise from them
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/rockminer-miners-using-gen3-asicminer-chips-528464
I  wonder when will the havelock open for trade of cog again?

We are not sure exactly when Havelock will open Cognitive trading again, however Garrett has been in close communication with them, and they will likely resume trading once the hardware is in Canada hashing.

Just an update:
The six units that have just been shipped from CoinTerra are scheduled to arrive in Bozeman tomorrow, which will be immediately reshipped to Canada. The other units that have already been sent are supposed to arrive in Canada today.

- Samuel

Activity: 40
I  wonder when will the havelock open for trade of cog again?

We are not sure exactly when Havelock will open Cognitive trading again, however Garrett has been in close communication with them, and they will likely resume trading once the hardware is in Canada hashing.

Just an update:
The six units that have just been shipped from CoinTerra are scheduled to arrive in Bozeman tomorrow, which will be immediately reshipped to Canada. The other units that have already been sent are supposed to arrive in Canada today.

- Samuel
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
I've just checked the last 10 pages, and this wasn't posted:

On 19/03/2014 17:49, Garrett wrote:

It's almost unbelievable how ridiculous that complete scenario is from success. I want to say it sounds like some april fool's joke, but I'm too familiar with the track record.

Is this some post in a group buy thread? (I'm almost joking)

How is the FIMB payback going over? (Now I'm serious)

When will financial statements for Cognitive be released? Cognitive the Canadian company, or is it USA registered. (Now I should really stop the slanders?)

There's just so much lost information. Cognitive Mining: The Only Bitcoin solo-mining non-functional hardware co-op this side of the Atlantic!

Here's the point.

Fuck it, there's too many to reiterate.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
...I'm not a huge fan of posting in forums like this. Can't remember why at the moment...

You don't like being laughed at?
Activity: 2
Wow Garrett. Color me impressed. You’re one of the good ones. I downsized my portfolio considerably after the fallout from BTC-TC but I’m really glad I kept a few COGs and am thinking about grabbing a few more having been reminded how awesome are.

Keep up the great work!!

nice first post sock puppet.

Maybe he's just incredibly sarcastic. Great username though.

it might be sarcasm i guess. 

Such cynicism! Understandable I spose, but that was kinda my point. COG rises above this shit time and time again, and I was moved enough to post about it. I'm not a huge fan of posting in forums like this. Can't remember why at the moment...

Ok that last part was sarcasm.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Cognitive is funding a parallel production line of Hashfast Evo boards (http://hashfast.com/shop/sierraevo/) so as to not interrupt the Hashfast order chain.

"Parallel production line."  Roll Eyes

Pages:
Jump to: