Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 66. (Read 300616 times)

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF

But he did right? He said he was solo mining?

I'm not saying you should believe it, but that was his story right?

I must have missed it. Link?

Garr can you address these calculations?

Sure thing.

The calculations being used here can only estimate the output of a given mining rig + pool combination. It turns out that our pool has had a bad luck streak for a good while and we have since switched to mineb.tc which is proving to be a bit more reliable, with more consistent payouts. We should see output much closer to these calculations with the coming dividends.

Cheers,
Garrett

Err, I fail to see a mention of solo mining in that quote. Did you mean this one?

Correct. Usually Cognitive can solo mine consistently enough to make sizable payouts, but it was an unlucky few weeks and I have changed the pool strategy accordingly.

Same as other users I want to know what happened, that's all. Chirping about transparency and not providing it doesn't work for me.
Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
i think it's just been a bundle of problems cropping up including:

btct closing
pool having bad luck and thus switching pools

Well, again, Garr mentioned that he was mining solo... Which means that he can't provide any evidence that it was mining at all.

Most likely he just stopped giving a fuck about miners for a month or two.

I agree with Tafelpoot that it no longer makes sense to ask for explanations and demand compensation instead.

Garrett already demonstrated that he will go to great length to avoid accusations, so it's just a waste of time.

In any case, (no matter what actually happened) it was a mismanagement and we can demand compensation.

I support this 100% and would like to work towards achieving a balanced solution for all involved.
Activity: 544
If it was just bad luck on mining then thats just a bad management call that hoppfully will not be repeated.

We all make mistakes.

Also if the luck was the other way no one would be bitching.

If it was just bad luck on mining he should be able to provide a payout address of some sort so we could validate. It would have taken him all of 5 minutes to do so.

proof of mistake or I don't believe it. we need validation.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
If it was just bad luck on mining then thats just a bad management call that hoppfully will not be repeated.

We all make mistakes.

Also if the luck was the other way no one would be bitching.

If it was just bad luck on mining he should be able to provide a payout address of some sort so we could validate. It would have taken him all of 5 minutes to do so.
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol

Garr can you address these calculations?

Sure thing.

The calculations being used here can only estimate the output of a given mining rig + pool combination. It turns out that our pool has had a bad luck streak for a good while and we have since switched to mineb.tc which is proving to be a bit more reliable, with more consistent payouts. We should see output much closer to these calculations with the coming dividends.

Cheers,
Garrett
legendary

I'm not trying to convince you that you should invest, but it does seem to me he answered the questions but then the same ones got asked 100 more times.

Personally I think it was, and to a point still is incompetence here, not scamming. But then again I have been wrong before.

At least in the future everything will be out in the open.

No, he has not answered any of the questions. He brushed everything off by saying "oh, we were solo mining", which makes NO sense at all, and he stopped responding to any further questions on the matter.

If he was solo mining then what was the bitcoin address used for the mining, so we could see some of the payouts?  This was asked about a month ago and we have seen nothing on this or any evidence whatsoever.

Honestly, it is hard for me to believe given that Garrett refuses to provide any evidence to back this up or even so much as respond to any discussion of it.  The bitcoin world is full of scams as we have all seen and I'm seeing no reason to put blind trust in someone that can't even bother to spend 5 minutes answering questions about this. Ask yourself...why would all discussion of this topic be ignored by Garrett? If he truly has nothing to hide then why does he not respond to any of this?
Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Those shares are a small percentage compared with the amount we will have when F and F2 get factored in, and this is the point when share dilution is really going to matter isn't it?
Activity: 109
I propose two motions:

1. Motion to delete or not allow shareholders the ability to reclaim their shares that they have not claimed by now for Havelock.

I propose a motion to confiscate shares owned by stabs.

It's been what, 2 and a half months?  How long are you willing to wait...
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1033
I propose two motions:

1. Motion to delete or not allow shareholders the ability to reclaim their shares that they have not claimed by now for Havelock.

I propose a motion to confiscate shares owned by stabs.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
I propose two motions:

2. Motion to purchase additional mining gear with our current funds (which is around $9k+?)  This could be either the Litecoin gear that we voted on if that passes or something else like additional gear from Cointerra at a more extreme discount.

I would much rather that we either purchase a bunch of r9 280x mining rigs and mine on middlecoin or wait for a scrypt asic and mine on middlecoin.
Activity: 109
I propose two motions:

2. Motion to purchase additional mining gear with our current funds (which is around $9k+?)  This could be either the Litecoin gear that we voted on if that passes or something else like additional gear from Cointerra at a more extreme discount.

I'm not really sure since we never got a fully explained story and he never responds to any questions about this period of time.

I see what you're getting at though. It's possible that he was just grossly incompetent, and not actually a willful scammer.  However, as he refuses to give us any further information or respond, we don't really know for sure.  In either case it seems a bad idea to continue to invest in this "company".
Pirate was mismanaged. This is some retarded kiddo who is surprisingly pulling textbook scams on your asses. Multiple times so far.

Agreed. The fact that people are still trusting this guy after shareholders have been very clearly ripped off is really surprising. He doesn't even bother to attempt to defend himself or respond to any of this.

Activity: 714
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

btct closing

Well, again, Garr mentioned that he was mining solo... Which means that he can't provide any evidence that it was mining at all.

I agree with Tafelpoot that it no longer makes sense to ask for explanations and demand compensation instead.

Garrett already demonstrated that he will go to great length to avoid accusations, so it's just a waste of time.

In any case, (no matter what actually happened) it was a mismanagement and we can demand compensation.

Pirate was mismanaged. This is some retarded kiddo who is surprisingly pulling textbook scams on your asses. Multiple times so far.
Activity: 213
Merit: 102
Historical Cognitive US dollar share price based on the daily weighted average USD/BTC exchange rate on Camp BX.

These shares were "delisted" from 10/6/2013 through 11/4/2013 which explains the linear increase from late September to mid November. This gives historical perspective of what each share would be worth if you were to liquidate and cash out the BTC the same day. Date range covers 12/7/12 through 12/30/13 while listed both on BTC-TC and Havelock.

I'll be happy to share the source data if anyone wants to do further analysis.

PS - has the Cognitive shareholder conference call been scheduled? It would be nice to have before the Cointerra rigs arrive.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1033

btct closing

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
[...]
I too am confident in share prices rising ones dividends are consistently being produced in January when we will have a 100% transparent operation.

Best,
Garrett

Why is it so difficult to have a 100% transparent operation for the last three months. Just post the logs from the pools etc.

btct closing

im not sure though, i'm guessing those cognitivemining.com charts are coming online soon
legendary
[...]
I too am confident in share prices rising ones dividends are consistently being produced in January when we will have a 100% transparent operation.

Best,
Garrett

Why is it so difficult to have a 100% transparent operation for the last three months. Just post the logs from the pools etc.
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
From the mining output we can see garret was not mining on cog addresses for more than 45 days.
I expect a compensation for this breach of contract. An explanation is also welcome but less required.
Pages:
Jump to: