Pages:
Author

Topic: Starting a new FPGA mining farm/contract! Cognitive Resurrected on[Havelock] - page 65. (Read 300616 times)

Activity: 245
Merit: 250
Thanks Garr, nice to see good news somewhere today.
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
Hello all,

The sCrypt motion has passed by a large majority, and the hardware will be online and fully operational, along with the 28TH from CoinTerra, by the end of the month.

Best Regards,
Garrett

P.S. I have mailed all FIMB holders and they will be repaid promptly after confirming their bitcoin addresses. If you are a FIMB holder and did not receive the email, please PM me.

Good news. Any updates on the conference or discussion of a new hire?  Has anyone looked into or suggested using p2pPool for cognitive? It should be a good way to implement transparency as far as I understand (not that transparency is particularly hard with BTC anyway).
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
P.S. I have mailed all FIMB holders and they will be repaid promptly after confirming their bitcoin addresses. If you are a FIMB holder and did not receive the email, please PM me.

PM sent.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
What's a GPU?
Hello all,

The sCrypt motion has passed by a large majority, and the hardware will be online and fully operational, along with the 28TH from CoinTerra, by the end of the month.

Best Regards,
Garrett

Activity: 583
Merit: 500
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
It sure doesn't look positive when an asset issuer comes online (multiple times since their last post) without updating, responding nor making a statement in response to many shareholders' questions, claims and motions.

That scrypt miner must be taking alot of focus away from the Cointerra order. How's that going by the way? Any word on a day of delivery?
Activity: 714
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.
Cmon guys, stop with the slander! LEAVE GARR ALONE!
Activity: 191
Garret, how is the financial report of December going?

What is your opinion on a compensation for the missing dividends?
We paid for to get mining output of 72 MH/share, you get paid for running the hardware.
We missed out for at least 0.003 btc per share in November. What will you do to make up for that?
Activity: 583
Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin
What a surprise still no updates or responses, especially to killerstorms suggestions.   
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
New year has come and I still did not get the first dividend (for 2 months migration time).
How long do I have to wait 
Embarrassed
Activity: 714
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.
I like dancing. And grave soil is soft, easy on the knees.
Activity: 222
it's not paying anything back, it's just goodwill
Activity: 544
Instead of direct compensation, how about we just don't add to the growth fund for a month and instead divert all coin to dividends for that time?

Huh take from the company to pay the company back.. ?  why not sell all the miners to buy more miners whilst your at it?
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Instead of direct compensation, how about we just don't add to the growth fund for a month and instead divert all coin to dividends for that time?

growth fund is better than divs.

might as well fund some kind of middlecoin mining rig, or save for a scrypt ASIC and then mine on middlecoin

almost double current divs isnt very much...
Activity: 222
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1033
Please stop asking about "payout address": if there were no payouts, it is 100% irrelevant.

I didn't.

Well, I wasn't addressing this specifically to you, sorry...

This reads to me: We were mining at a pool (first bold), had bad luck and switched to mineb.tc. Then two posts later solo mining is mentioned. So which one was it initially? Pool or solo?

This reads to me that Garr first tried to write it off as pool's bad luck, then understood that he won't be able to produce any evidence, and later mentioned solo mining. It's just a bullshit excuse.

If we continue asking about it Garr will say that by "our pool" he meant some kind of an internal pool (for all hardware which Garr manages), which is basically equivalent to solo mining.

Most likely Garr doesn't have enough bitcoins to compensate for this loss... Have you noticed that he is delinquent on FIMB loan?

So basically he provides some vague and weird explanations, communicating as infrequently as possible, in hope to win time: when cointerra hardware arrives, he'll get some bitcoins from mining (his personal stake in cognitive, for example) and would be able pay off FIMB interest, and maybe will compensate the loss of dividends in September/November.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
Please stop asking about "payout address": if there were no payouts, it is 100% irrelevant.

I didn't. I am looking forward to a statement in clear simple terms from Garr255 (a bit more than "oh, by the way...").

If you read from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3790160 :

The calculations being used here can only estimate the output of a given mining rig + pool combination. It turns out that our pool has had a bad luck streak for a good while and we have since switched to mineb.tc which is proving to be a bit more reliable, with more consistent payouts. We should see output much closer to these calculations with the coming dividends.

and just a little bit later:

Correct. Usually Cognitive can solo mine consistently enough to make sizable payouts, but it was an unlucky few weeks and I have changed the pool strategy accordingly.

This reads to me: We were mining at a pool (first bold), had bad luck and switched to mineb.tc. Then two posts later solo mining is mentioned. So which one was it initially? Pool or solo?

I have read this whole thread since it started and I do not recall any other mention of solo mining, a good number of mention of different pools though.

Activity: 175
FIMB has taken longer than I've hoped because of complications at Havelock due to its bond nature. It will be online and all backed up dividends will go out this month, hopefully on Monday.

Just to be clear, I have never scammed and will never scam anyone.

2013 is now over, FIMB hasn't been migrated to Havelock and dividends are still missing. No other announcements were made, and bondholders are once again left with nothing but broken promises.

Garret, what is the new time frame for migrating FIMB and paying late dividends? Any chance it will be for real this time?
legendary
We did receive a dividend, so I'm not sure where that came from then, if no blocks were solved when supposedly solo mining.

We were supposed to get dividends for 5 weeks of mining, we got dividends for 1 week of mining.

The likely scenario was that equipment was off for a month, then Garr found that out, started mining (on a mining pool), and paid dividends for 1 week only.

Other possibilities:

1. he was solo mining for one month and solved no blocks
2. he mined something (either via solo or via pooled mining) but doesn't want to share it with shareholders
3. money which he mined was stolen, but Garr doesn't want to mention that to avoid panic and accusations of bad security practices

It doesn't matter what exactly have happened, as end result is the same: shareholders lost approximately 1 month worth of dividends.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
It is impossible to confirm that he was solo mining and had such a bad luck that solved zero blocks: in this case NO payouts were produced, so there is NO evidence.

Can you people just stop beating the dead horse?

It is obvious that Garr mentioned solo mining only because no evidence can be produced. That is, even if he was honest, he could not produce any evidence.

So again, any further investigation makes no sense. If you believe that "payout address" could reveal something, you're delusional and do not understand how Bitcoin mining works.

Let's focus on one fact we know for sure: due to Garr's negligence, mining equipment was not working for us for about a month. (More accurate time frame was mentioned here.) What do we do in this situation?

We did receive a dividend, so I'm not sure where that came from then, if no blocks were solved when supposedly solo mining.
legendary
Same as other users I want to know what happened, that's all. Chirping about transparency and not providing it doesn't work for me.

It is impossible to confirm that he was solo mining and had such a bad luck that solved zero blocks: in this case NO payouts were produced, so there is NO evidence.

Can you people just stop beating the dead horse?

It is obvious that Garr mentioned solo mining only because no evidence can be produced. That is, even if he was honest, he could not produce any evidence.

So again, any further investigation makes no sense. If you believe that "payout address" could reveal something, you're delusional and do not understand how Bitcoin mining works.

Let's focus on one fact we know for sure: due to Garr's negligence, mining equipment was not working for us for about a month. (More accurate time frame was mentioned here.) What do we do in this situation?
Pages:
Jump to: