Pages:
Author

Topic: Steem pyramid scheme revealed - page 40. (Read 107058 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 265
August 26, 2016, 11:51:50 AM
Here's a fund manager who hung himself on Steemit (fund down 50% in one month)....
But is still hopeful and has written more intelligent commentary than anything Steemit has written.

https://blog.coinfund.io/perspective-customer-acquisition-and-retention-on-steemit-327a7f21cd8e#.ybv8x0k3o

https://steemit.com/investments/@jbrukh/disruptive-technologies-speculative-capital-and-thinking-big-about-steemit

I had read that in July. I agree with him about most of that, except that in my analysis Steemit doesn't have the right structure to scale virally and to encourage those ecosystem apps.

The design of Steemit screams short-term pump and cash out.

Of course my analysis could be wrong. And I must admit I am not deep into the design specifics of the Graphene and Steem blockchain.

I'd like to reveal my design so you could understand what I mean in comparison, but I am inhibited by trying to at least get to a working mockup so I can try to raise some funds and accelerate from there.

Note I am speaking with other developers as well.

One problem though is that partnerships with unknown people are fraught with potential failure for various reasons.

As a professional trader for 20 years on NYSE, etc...
I know for a FACT that they fucked up the Steemit internal market as bad as any random pinhead could (down to < $10,000 24 hour volume)...
So in spite of 2 years of working with Bitshares Dan has no clue how to develop liquidity (or it was a straight-up scam to drain rewards)...
This single data point does not inspire confidence that Steemit knows much more than is already evident.

May be they have smart venture capital partners...
But STEEM is going below 0.001... maybe starting to buy there is not crazy if you want to ride the Larimer train.

Agreed, but I see the level at parity with SBD, like now. We'll see whether the promise to keep the peg to the US$ holds. Larimer is hell bent to keep it there, he said. So now people may exchange their Steem for SBD, as a hedge against the falling price, which would put a lot of pressure on SBD. Then again, if some announcement was made that could make it snap up very nicely. I just bought some.

It would actually be a perfect moment in time for a nice announcement, Friday afternoon, STEEM-SBD at parity.

I see the SBD as entirely undesired in my design. And I've never thought that pegged assets could be stable or even desirable. Who wants the pegged shit, when they can trade the real thing (liquidity, frictional losses, etc).

The entire point is to build the token as a unit-of-account through a widespread unit-of-exchange in a virtual commerce market that other social networks currently can't do. You've got to actually build a content ecosystem that can drive that virtual commerce market. A marketplace (Dan's plan) is nonsense. We don't need another ebay.

What most everyone doesn't understand is that you have to tap something that people really need.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
August 26, 2016, 11:38:00 AM
With Steem tokens keep falling some people who have planned to invest in it for the long term are now stuck and getting desperate. I saw a video of Tai Zen trying to convince people and himself that the falling price is ok. Here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgp0_sS8rLw

For me the price will go up in time but the question I have is when will the price stop falling and how long do we have to wait for the price to go back up? It is not worth the agonizing wait if you ask me.

Protip:  The Larimers and their associates are cashing out.  There is a reason for this.

Come one we all knew that this was going to happen.
Every person who believed that this will be a great project and worth quit some bucks in the future most have lost his mind.
Look at the chart!It's dropping like a hot potatoe!And it will keep on dropping.Ok some small break and pump within that but then the sale out will continue while the dumb sheep who invested will stuck.

Why are you assuming that every investor must have bought AFTER the pump?

They could have bought at 0.0003 or 0.001 for all we know - because there definitely were some spikes between 0.0003 and 0.001. Some people were buying back then and they aren't in the red. And they won't be in the red even if it drops below 0.001 - because their SP quantity has gone upwards a lot.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
August 26, 2016, 10:26:53 AM
On the other hand, if everybody says its broken and there are threads on BCT how crooked and what a scam everything is, its usually a good time to buy some.

The whale structure is doomed and they know it...
Since various whales are running bot scams to extract as much SBD as possible like dragonslayer...
Who is finding "gems" but making twice as much as the authors he's uncovering.

https://steemit.com/steemit/@emperormollusk/a-look-at-dragonslayer-s-hidden-gem-post-real-value-is-there-really-any

Here's a fund manager who hung himself on Steemit (fund down 50% in one month)....
But is still hopeful and has written more intelligent commentary than anything Steemit has written.

https://coinfund.io/

https://blog.coinfund.io/perspective-customer-acquisition-and-retention-on-steemit-327a7f21cd8e#.ybv8x0k3o

https://steemit.com/investments/@jbrukh/disruptive-technologies-speculative-capital-and-thinking-big-about-steemit

And, of course, Larimer said it's all a Trojan horse which would explain the confusion:

https://steemit.com/steem/@dan/steemit-s-evil-plan-for-cryptocurrency-world-domination

I know for a FACT that they fucked up the Steemit internal market as bad as any random pinhead could (down to < $10,000 24 hour volume)...
So in spite of 2 years of working with Bitshares Dan has no clue how to develop liquidity (or it was a straight-up scam to drain rewards)...
This single data point does not inspire confidence that Steemit knows much more than is already evident.

But STEEM is going below 0.001... maybe starting to buy there is not crazy if you want to ride the Larimer train.

Agreed, but I see the level at parity with SBD, like now. We'll see whether the promise to keep the peg to the US$ holds. Larimer is hell bent to keep it there, he said. So now people may exchange their Steem for SBD, as a hedge against the falling price, which would put a lot of pressure on SBD. Then again, if some announcement was made that could make it snap up very nicely. I just bought some.

It would actually be a perfect moment in time for a nice announcement, Friday afternoon, STEEM-SBD at parity.
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000
August 26, 2016, 10:12:54 AM
On the other hand, if everybody says its broken and there are threads on BCT how crooked and what a scam everything is, its usually a good time to buy some.

The whale structure is doomed and they know it...
Since various whales are running bot scams to extract as much SBD as possible like dragonslayer...
Who is finding "gems" but making twice as much as the authors he's uncovering.

https://steemit.com/steemit/@emperormollusk/a-look-at-dragonslayer-s-hidden-gem-post-real-value-is-there-really-any

https://coinfund.io/

And, of course, Larimer said it's all a Trojan horse which would explain the confusion:

https://steemit.com/steem/@dan/steemit-s-evil-plan-for-cryptocurrency-world-domination

August 26, 2016, 09:03:20 AM
Another distant possibility I can't rule out somehow is, that the Larimers are indeed geniuses, and everything is going extremely well, as planned.
The condition under which this came true would be met, if Steem was a project ordered by a social media major, with everything thats happening now just as a test run, and everything published now being viewed as demo content for making a good showcase.
If that cat would jump out of the box it would indeed make a nice leap.

Very distant. I haven't entirely ruled it out, but afaics (and the I believe the flatlining of serious weekly users is supporting this as I anticipated upthread) the design of the token can't onboard the masses nor the speculators to keep it funded while it does, so what is the attraction for the majors? They only jump on something that is growing fast and already in the millions of users, e.g. the recent flurry of videochat social apps.

The open source aspect could have lead to many different ecosystem apps built on top of the blockchain, but I think the structure of the underlying token makes this unlikely to break out of the quagmire I outlined above.

the problem is not the value of steem. the problem is how it works. you can't earn something without the "help" of the "whales". or you have to buy a lot of steel from the "whales" to be able to vote yourself.

It would be perfect for vertical markets, framed by Facebook, with a great deal of authors staffed up and a 3 tier payment system in place. Its written in React.
August 26, 2016, 08:42:47 AM
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
August 26, 2016, 08:22:53 AM
With Steem tokens keep falling some people who have planned to invest in it for the long term are now stuck and getting desperate. I saw a video of Tai Zen trying to convince people and himself that the falling price is ok. Here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgp0_sS8rLw

For me the price will go up in time but the question I have is when will the price stop falling and how long do we have to wait for the price to go back up? It is not worth the agonizing wait if you ask me.

Protip:  The Larimers and their associates are cashing out.  There is a reason for this.

Come one we all knew that this was going to happen.
Every person who believed that this will be a great project and worth quit some bucks in the future most have lost his mind.
Look at the chart!It's dropping like a hot potatoe!And it will keep on dropping.Ok some small break and pump within that but then the sale out will continue while the dumb sheep who invested will stuck.
August 26, 2016, 08:06:59 AM
Another distant possibility I can't rule out somehow is, that the Larimers are indeed geniuses, and everything is going extremely well, as planned.
The condition under which this came true would be met, if Steem was a project ordered by a social media major, with everything thats happening now just as a test run, and everything published now being viewed as demo content for making a good showcase.

Very distant. I haven't entirely ruled it out, but afaics (and the I believe the flatlining of serious weekly users is supporting this as I anticipated upthread) the design of the token can't onboard the masses nor the speculators to keep it funded while it does, so what is the attraction for the majors? They only jump on something that is growing fast and already in the millions of users, e.g. the recent flurry of videochat social apps.

The open source aspect could have lead to many different ecosystem apps built on top of the blockchain, but I think the structure of the underlying token makes this unlikely to break out of the quagmire I outlined above.

the problem is not the value of steem. the problem is how it works. you can't earn something without the "help" of the "whales". or you have to buy a lot of steel from the "whales" to be able to vote yourself.
August 26, 2016, 07:13:38 AM
August 26, 2016, 06:54:35 AM

Your laserbeam focus is admirable, yet I still find it useful to try to understand society. I think such interests of mine will be applicable to actually succeeding what we are trying to do with a mass market onboarding.

Also I find it useful to not repeat the mistakes I made in my youth because I didn't understand certain facts of nature (and to share these theoretical insights with other men, especially the younger generation who are my cohort cryptonerds of which many seem to have adopted a promiscuous non-marriage stance in reaction to the high level of divorce in our Western society):

Mostly rich alfa males pay for theirs children

It is all the children of those visible alpha-males you don't know about, and all the alpha-males which aren't visible. Do you think public personalities don't cultivate the image that they want you to believe. I think you are naive.

Also, you seem to have missed my point that the bad boys are often "fake" alpha-males. Women's hindbrains seem to be instinctively tuned to be impregnated by these indicators, which fool them into thinking these "bad boys" are alpha-males. And to some extent, that makes them alpha-males in the sense that expend their time and effort being superior to other men in terms of producing offspring yet also typically very unproductive for society in any other metric (c.f. my reply to @neilstrauss). You could read for example James A. Donald's blog post about a female attorney who has been fucking bad boys all her life and is now age 30-something and running out-of-options (because her hindbrain fooled her). Or other women who divorce their subservient husbands, destroying the children.

I have an ex with 3 more children from afaik 3 different men, for example. And I pay her monthly, because the government in the USA will revoke my passport if I don't. I'd probably pay her something any way, but I wouldn't have been paying the $1000s per month she was demanding (requesting) from me during past years (which I no longer pay). And I empathize with her inability to remain productive and choose more wisely. At least now I understand why she couldn't (and her 40s are approaching so it is winding down).

P.S. I've been at different times of my life a "bad boy" and a very productive entrepreneurial software developer. So I speak from my experiences.

Some interesting debate ensued which is what we really need to make blogging somewhat productive and interesting for the Reddit demographics:

It could be correlated with precisely the theory I am presenting in this blog post, in that engineering is a profession focused on production and practice, not on theory. Monogamy (and other group compliance paradigms such as religion) appears to me (see also my comments on this page) to be a strategy to keep men productive. So those men which subscribe to being productive are more inclined to want to see the world as structured in a conducive way to production versus chaotic genetic diversity. OTOH, it can also be argued that the Humanities are elite political agenda indoctrination camps (with heapings of theoretical bullshit and massaging statistics to tell any story desired). Isn't life wonderfully complex. I love it.
August 26, 2016, 06:08:47 AM
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
August 26, 2016, 03:52:16 AM

It may never go up. It's just like every coin that cranks out coins at a high rate. Sure, lots of it is tied up in SP. However, the market can't keep up with all the people powering down, and dumping. Don't catch falling knives. If you want more Steem, just mine it or blog and get lucky. Too bad Poloniex does not offer Margin trading for Steem. Someone could make a fortune shorting it.

The people who committed by converting to Steem Power must be kicking themselves right now. How can a person like Tai Zen trap himself like that? He is one of the most learned and well informed people in crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
August 26, 2016, 01:55:37 AM

Protip:  The Larimers and their associates are cashing out.  There is a reason for this.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1828
August 26, 2016, 01:15:09 AM

It may never go up. It's just like every coin that cranks out coins at a high rate. Sure, lots of it is tied up in SP. However, the market can't keep up with all the people powering down, and dumping. Don't catch falling knives. If you want more Steem, just mine it or blog and get lucky. Too bad Poloniex does not offer Margin trading for Steem. Someone could make a fortune shorting it.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 1460
August 26, 2016, 01:07:18 AM

legendary
Activity: 3262
Merit: 1130
Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform
August 26, 2016, 12:51:08 AM
I think it could have worked, but the power to control the evolution of the content was given to the wrong people, making unfortunate decisions, based on wrong assumptions. I think its broken already. Simple management failure.

Like I've been pointing out...
There is nothing resembling a Business Plan.

Agreed. And to have that plan, the structure of the token needs to be quite different. You can't entirely remove the incentive for speculators to bet medium-term by forcing them to lockup their funds for 1 year weighted average, else subject to 50%  annual haircut due to dilution (actually 150% recently).

And you've got to be able to have a viral onboarding mechanism and a verifiable meritocracy which also is driving long-term investment into the site by the participants, which will eventually drive token based commerce.

All of these factors are incorporated into what I am working on now.

And I have the killer 5 letter name for a social network based around content on a blockchain. The name was staring me right in the face and I didn't realize it, until I tried to simplify. I think this name is up there in the class of the Facebook, Twitter, etc..

But probably I need to partner with another developer, because I can't seem to completely eliminate my health problem. Very frustrating. I am trying everything (putting all out effort every day). A photo verification of my health problem is coming in my next blog, because I decided to go ahead and post these videos we made in July.

That is one of the things that I didnt like with that website. Locking up money for a year? That is way too obvious that something will get wrong once the funds get really high that it could cover all the wrong things they have done.
August 25, 2016, 11:35:22 PM
I think it could have worked, but the power to control the evolution of the content was given to the wrong people, making unfortunate decisions, based on wrong assumptions. I think its broken already. Simple management failure.

There is nothing resembling a Business Plan.

Agreed. And to have that plan, the structure of the token needs to be quite different. You can't entirely remove the incentive for speculators to bet medium-term by forcing them to lockup their funds for 1 year weighted average, else subject to 50%  annual haircut due to dilution (actually 150% recently).

And you've got to be able to have a viral onboarding mechanism and a verifiable meritocracy which also is driving long-term investment into the site by the participants, which will eventually drive token based commerce.

All of these factors are incorporated into what I am working on now.

And I have the killer 5 letter name for a social network based around content on a blockchain. The name was staring me right in the face and I didn't realize it, until I tried to simplify. I think this name is up there in the class of the Facebook, Twitter, etc..

But probably I need to partner with another developer, because I can't seem to completely eliminate my health problem. Very frustrating. I am trying everything (putting all out effort every day). A photo verification of my health problem is coming in my next blog, because I decided to go ahead and post these videos we made in July.
August 25, 2016, 11:29:57 PM
The paradigm of existing stake holders being in control over rewarding content seems to me to be not ideal for the driving the correct economic incentives. We are essentially complaining that there isn't a verfiable, justified meritocracy. Basically we have to write to appease the dominant stake holder culture that is there now, i.e. a circle-jerk[1]. I have an idea about how to remove this dysfunction and reward content according to the metrics that matter the most for the goal we are trying to achieve. I will say more if I have something to show.

In the context of a social network platform, even if the stakes were different, I can tell you that there would be no verifiable meritocracy in terms of rewards/quality.

Let's say you have 100 well-connected people and 100 less connected people. The 100 less connected people will get less upvotes. So the introvert/less social personality will get penalized on that factor alone, while the extrovert/more social personality will get rewarded more - even if their content is worse.

If I know more people, more people will vote me and support me. See the $ vigilante case...

So when you scale the network, say, to 1bn people, and you have some celebrities with 10mn followers, and others with 500 followers, even if the 10mn follower celeb writes a one-liner about the food they are eating and uploads a photo, that celeb would get more upvotes than a well written essay by the 500-follower guy. So...

I believe I will prove your bolded statement incorrect if I succeed on implementing what I am working on now.

Nothing you wrote refutes my claim, "reward content according to the metrics that matter the most for the goal we are trying to achieve".

Read carefully from the word "metrics" forward.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
August 25, 2016, 11:29:44 PM
There is nothing resembling a Business Plan. What on earth does Ned do anyway?

Don't you get it yet? ... Ned's the "fall guy".
Pages:
Jump to: