Pages:
Author

Topic: Steemit is dead. Is there any better alternative? - page 5. (Read 1198 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 2
Seems funny but am not sure why people are blaming steemit, steemit was built as a Decentralized network and since the whole market is in a bearish state so we cant really blame steemit because once the market start improving am sure more people can get into crypto and more users can join steemit
Activity: 1022
Merit: 535
i dont agree with you. steemit suffers only because of the current market situation. i believe that they will keep growing when the market starts to recover a bit. and on the other hand there is no any good alternative.
Activity: 280
Merit: 14
When ever a company experiences hard times people are most likely very quick to right it off quickly.
Well if you searching for an alternative for steemit my best option would be medium
Activity: 736
Merit: 100
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
A few months ago Steam it laid off 70% of their employees as the company is struggling to meet their financial goals. We all know its dead. Is there any better alternative? And do you think such alternatives can survive?

Well, yes, the project is dying out today. Recently, one of my friends published an analysis of the platform. According to the top app there. Now a very large outflow of users.
Activity: 546
Merit: 11
I will hope this is just a crisis time and Steemit will be able to survive it and stay with us in the future, while becoming much stronger and better for users.
copper member
Activity: 657
Merit: 1
Steemit is not dead in the real sense. How many projects have actually had a functional product to be sincere? Steemit has. I've been publishing articles on steemit for long and still publishing and earning. Talking about laying off their staff, which proof do you have? Also, if you are looking for alternatives, I think you should try Golos or minds.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

Oh thanks for the info guys  .  at first i thought steemit is a legit project slash / community but now i see that they are now becoming shady based on what i read on the users experience  . once again this only shows that no one can beat bitcoin  because bitcoin and the bitcoin community  did not ever experience to have an issue even if the market is always dump  .
Activity: 660
Merit: 101
Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl
They fired many employees because last year was a bad year for the economy and many companies also laid off most of their employees. But steemit is still alive and well enough, it will not die at the present time because they still have enough staff to operate
Activity: 200
Steemit still works and it still lives. They have some financial problems so they have to lay off 70% of employees. But the project is still developed by their team. We will soon see steemit coming back with new plans
Activity: 364
In this current time steemit is not actually doing great because of the bearish period and its not a good idea steemit is not dead  but i suggest they restructure the system so it can work better
Activity: 487
Merit: 10
A few months ago Steam it laid off 70% of their employees as the company is struggling to meet their financial goals. We all know its dead. Is there any better alternative? And do you think such alternatives can survive?
[/quote
I wouldn't say steemit is dead. It still serves its publishing goals but as for the layoffs, its only a transient stage which every other blockchain companies have witnessed as well due to the long bearish market
Activity: 786
Merit: 10

Steemit seems to be underperforming in the last few months, but there is high hopes that this coin would perform better, I don't think there is an alternative for this coin too, as I only knew that only steemit has this unique project. There was an ico this last few months same function with steemit it is foresting but never heard of what was happening lately.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
Steemit is not dead but there is very big problem. Yes getting paid for your work is a good thing but right now for having paid on steemit you don't need good content which is killing it.

If you paid a bot you are getting Money but if you made a great article thousands of people read it but not a single steem whale upvoted it, you are not getting anything.
Activity: 2128
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
The issue with Steemit, is that it greatly miss the great opportunity to scale during the ICO boom, no real way the team want to generate revenue, assuming they started including ads in their platforms since 2016, do you know how much they would have generated doing so, with the number of views they have on their platform. I am not surprise they are struggling now because there is no real use for their tokens
Activity: 728
Merit: 139
Actually it's not dead , but of course they have certain problems with financing due to the global collapse of the cryptocurrency market. I think their platform will continue to work and begin to grow rapidly when people’s interest in cryptocurrency becomes high again and asset prices will allow the company to hire more employees and expand business.
Basically, if you want, you can try another new crypto social platform called Sapien. They are working to improve their product and look quite competitive.
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
Yes Recently, Steemit is passing on in view of it's stage structure, it is one thing to fabricate a blockchain and another to construct an easy to use blockchain, this is the reason bitcoin appropriation will never seize on account of its effortlessness. We have to quit concentrating on simply fabricating a blockchain however assembling something that associates great with clients.
Ucy
Activity: 2576
Merit: 402
Bisq is a Bitcoin Fiat Dex. Use responsibly
Steem was dead the day they claimed to be creating a decentralized platform but they ended up creating a centralized one and then added their token on top of it then the final blow was when they started giving away a lot of money so that people could spam on their platform with low quality stuff.

there can not be an alternative to a broken design like this.

Do they really pay people to post? I don't think they do. Their model is pretty sustainable from what I know. I guess developers didn't expect a long bear market. Everyone thought that the price of cryptocurrency will continue to go up.
Activity: 207
They really have a very bad situation, but I do not think that this is a reason for panic, maybe soon it will be better!
Activity: 278
simply getting the job done
This is a very good platform for blogs with a large audience. Perhaps they fired the employee because the project does not need their work. No need to look for an alternative I think.
copper member
Activity: 349
Merit: 0
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
I don't know how many people were fired from this company,but I still read a lot of information there.An alternative can naturally become-https://medium.com or platform on the blockchain https://golos.io

To me I will personally stay clear off medium but golos.io is a perfect recommendation I will give any day any time
Pages:
Jump to: