Pages:
Author

Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining - page 101. (Read 348532 times)

Activity: 824
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
October 10, 2016, 01:23:00 PM
Weak hands are selling just like there is no tomorrow  Cheesy

The downtrend is so strong, it's crazy  Cheesy
Yeah, but it will recover soon  Wink

Why?
Simple and short answer: Every downtrend has an uptrend  Cool
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
October 10, 2016, 01:05:48 PM

founder and witness accounts are powering down like crazy....
What makes u think it will recover?!
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031
October 10, 2016, 01:02:05 PM

Why?
October 10, 2016, 10:58:34 AM

Activity: 656
October 10, 2016, 10:04:58 AM

October 10, 2016, 04:09:41 AM
Activity: 770
October 09, 2016, 06:28:03 PM
Hi Devs, Is this the best you guys can do? I've lost a lot of money buying this coin; you guys should be ashamed of yourselves; when is this coin going to come alive?
This coin just keeps falling, falling, falling; pls , inject some life into this coin; do somethinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.
Pls do somethinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

But then the moment you sell and cut your losses, its gonna skyrocket like crazy....
Activity: 1203
Merit: 508
Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos
October 09, 2016, 04:32:43 PM
I think one inherent issue with Steemit.com is that in reality, blogging isn't all that fun! In order to blog unique content daily, one must be disciplined, dedicated, motivated, have a positive attitude, let alone be able to write well, be creative, funny, unique, inspiring, etc. Google "how to be a blogger" and there are thousands of websites talking about the discipline and dedication. Blogging is a serious undertaking!

Another issue is that the golden days of Steem being $5 are probably over. It may climb back up one day, but not anytime in the near or not so near future. So when you have an author (like me @queenmountain) who joined in when Steem value was bursting at the seams, raking in votes that were $20-$60 each was kind of typical! Those votes now are in the $3-$6 range. And now with the hard fork of only 5 votes per user at 100% power, well those precious votes are dwindling big time.

However, the concept of Decentralized Social Media is just beginning to sizzle.  Decentralized internet is on the rise and will reach the masses sooner or later. My speculation is in the next 3-5 years, alt-coin will skyrocket as these coins will fuel the decentralization movement. That is what I am sticking around for! And Steemit will be a big part of that movement, if it can hold on for the wild ride ahead.

the 5 votes wasn't accepted actually  Wink
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
October 09, 2016, 02:20:53 PM
Well Issue is most people joined steemit because they thought money could come from it but then get 30 cents a post when they could go write for a news site for a guaranteed 50-500 an article.

where do you earn 500 per article?

I'm talking about more well known freelance writers for known news sites.

Well known freelance writers for news sites are most people?
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
October 09, 2016, 11:49:08 AM
Well Issue is most people joined steemit because they thought money could come from it but then get 30 cents a post when they could go write for a news site for a guaranteed 50-500 an article.

I'm talking about more well known freelance writers for known news sites.
legendary
Activity: 1764
October 09, 2016, 09:49:10 AM

Activity: 896
October 09, 2016, 06:47:36 AM
Activity: 1203
Merit: 508
Manager of looking busy #citizencosmos
October 09, 2016, 05:36:46 AM
The price is at a stale and sometime it falls a little, i think some of the blogger got tired of writing the reward is not paying well so i guess the others just stop writing.

Not paying well? I think that's a bit ridiculous at the least. How much do you get paid by other services?

I think people are a bit ungrateful when it comes to underestimating steemit
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
October 09, 2016, 02:28:06 AM
The price is at a stale and sometime it falls a little, i think some of the blogger got tired of writing the reward is not paying well so i guess the others just stop writing.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 547
October 09, 2016, 12:02:56 AM
I am stuck at registering my account at steemit. I logged in with facebook, solved captcha, but still i am not receiving the confirmation email. i have tried 4 times with no luck. Checked spam folder, etc. Pls. guide me how should i sign up now. 

Still not received any email. Is anyone also having this problem while signing up ?
Can the devs look into this matter ?
Activity: 672
Activity: 3
October 07, 2016, 08:33:37 PM
what was the ICO price of Steem?

there was no ICO...

Ha..thanks..explains why i couldn't find it.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
October 06, 2016, 06:11:06 PM
I'm seeing something like a small bug in curation in a whale unvote case, but I may be wrong. If anyone can explain it, I'm all ears.

https://steemit.com/@canadian-coconut/curation-rewards

9 hours ago   Curation reward of 20.492 STEEM POWER for jasonhommel/80-bad-assumptions-of-mandatory-vaccine-advocates

That's quite a bit, and she got near the top of the curation list: https://steem.li/curators

Now, the post of jasonhommel, had only 45$. How could canadian-coconut score so big with her tiny vote?

Researching a bit on it:

https://steemd.com/@jasonhommel

...it seems like

jamesc upvote @jasonhommel/80-bad-assumptions-of-mandatory-vacci… 1 day ago
jamesc un-vote @jasonhommel/80-bad-assumptions-of-mandatory-vacci… 1 day ago
jamesc upvote @jasonhommel/80-bad-assumptions-of-mandatory-vacci… (21%) 1 day ago

But looking at jamesc profile: https://steemd.com/@jamesc

...he got no curation reward.

I've seen the message during unvoting that it resets the curation reward, but I thought if you click upvote again, you just re-enter the curation reward pool (later in the queue) - not that you are eliminated from it (?).

Am I missing something or is it a bug?
legendary
Activity: 1764
October 06, 2016, 04:22:28 PM

there was no ICO...
Activity: 11
October 06, 2016, 04:21:53 PM
Pages: