Pages:
Author

Topic: Stefan Molyneux: Lymphoma - page 4. (Read 5015 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM
May 04, 2013, 02:18:14 PM
Either the NAP was more stupid, hipocritic and inconsistent then i expected. or the US was allowed, by NAP, to kill Bin Laden.
See, The US is not a NAP based society. It's based instead on the Constitution, which guarantees criminals a swift and fair trial.
Activity: 364
Merit: 253
May 04, 2013, 02:16:05 PM

Except for one tiny little thing: By not respecting the NAP, you're not protected under it.

In a NAP based society, a person that did not respect the NAP would be an outlaw.

Just to clarify this, there is obviously no way to enforce the NAP in a free society, right?  Obviously, there is no central authority and thus no central law as such.  People would be free to agree with it or not.

It's just that you would have security companies enforcing property rights.   And they would hire arbitration companies for disputes between different customers of different companies.  Or something along those lines.
May 04, 2013, 02:14:35 PM
Except for one tiny little thing: By not respecting the NAP, you're not protected under it.

In a NAP based society, a person that did not respect the NAP would be an outlaw.
So im forced to respect the NAP? or get buttfucked by some "freedom" loving crazies?

No, You're free to not respect the NAP. Just don't expect protection under it if you don't. If you're going to be acting antisocially, why should society keep you around?
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
You are WRONG!
May 04, 2013, 02:14:23 PM
Either the NAP was more stupid, hipocritic and inconsistent then i expected. or the US was allowed, by NAP, to kill Bin Laden.
legendary
You are WRONG!
May 04, 2013, 02:12:42 PM
That means nobody would come to your aid in the event you were attacked.
LOL!!!!!! The aid can't do anything.
I have no idea what you're talking about.
As soon that the aggressor stops aggressing, no one can do him anything according to the NAP. so any aid i could have got is useless.
also the guy i beat up, would break the NAP by aggressing against me, after i have aggresed against him and stopped again.

in a NAP based society, a person that did not respect the NAP would be god like!

WIN!

if someone damages you or your property than its not aggression to demand just compensation.
No, but i could ignore your polite request for compensation. and when you aggress against me to force me to pay, you would be breaking the NAP.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
May 04, 2013, 02:12:17 PM

So im forced to respect the NAP? or get buttfucked by some "freedom" loving crazies?

the point is that you shouldnt have a problem with being "forced" to not be aggressive. Because for the other person that is called self defense. And yes people have the right to defend themselves.
legendary
You are WRONG!
May 04, 2013, 02:10:37 PM

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
May 04, 2013, 02:08:57 PM
As soon that the aggressor stops aggressing, no one can do him anything according to the NAP. so any aid i could have got is useless.
also the guy i beat up, would break the NAP by aggressing against me, after i have aggresed against him and stopped again.

in a NAP based society, a person that did not respect the NAP would be god like!

WIN!

if someone damages you or your property than its not aggression to demand just compensation.
May 04, 2013, 02:08:41 PM

WIN!

legendary
You are WRONG!
May 04, 2013, 02:03:40 PM

WIN!
May 04, 2013, 01:54:40 PM
legendary
You are WRONG!
May 04, 2013, 01:52:06 PM
May 04, 2013, 01:48:25 PM
in this case, self defense and aggressing is the same thing.
I'm afraid that's a straight-up impossibility. You cannot be defending yourself from the initiation of force and at the same time initiating force.
no, it depends on the point of view. Bin Laden initiated force first, with 2 airplanes. and the US initiated force first too, by invading his home.

perfectly simple.
Then you're actually talking about two completely separate events, and Bin Laden would be acting entirely in self defense by going for a weapon.

so it is okay to beat someone up, and then stop aggressing when someone is about to stop you, so that they can't do you anything?
No, that's not OK. You were beating someone up, causing them harm. You'll need to repay that harm. But any force applied to you after you stop isn't repelling force with force, it's retaliation. The NAP is silent on retaliatory force, but logic dictates that it's counterproductive. It's hard to extract restitution from a man you put into the hospital, even harder from a dead man.
are you saying that im forced to repay him?
No, obligated.
so i could just refuse to pay him, and beat him up again? NICE Cheesy im beginning to like this NAP stuff.
Well, you see, if you refuse to pay him, you're breaking an obligation you voluntarily accepted. That means you're likely to break other obligations. You couldn't be trusted to pay your bills, including that for arbitration and defense. That means nobody would come to your aid in the event you were attacked. Given that you started this whole thing by beating some guy up, it seems logical that he would get some friends together, and extract vengeance, since justice is not forthcoming.

When you act outside the social structure, don't be surprised when it doesn't come to your aid.
legendary
You are WRONG!
May 04, 2013, 01:34:39 PM
I'm afraid that's a straight-up impossibility. You cannot be defending yourself from the initiation of force and at the same time initiating force.
no, it depends on the point of view. Bin Laden initiated force first, with 2 airplanes. and the US initiated force first too, by invading his home.

perfectly simple.

so it is okay to beat someone up, and then stop aggressing when someone is about to stop you, so that they can't do you anything?
No, that's not OK. You were beating someone up, causing them harm. You'll need to repay that harm. But any force applied to you after you stop isn't repelling force with force, it's retaliation. The NAP is silent on retaliatory force, but logic dictates that it's counterproductive. It's hard to extract restitution from a man you put into the hospital, even harder from a dead man.
No, obligated.
so i could just refuse to pay him, and beat him up again? NICE Cheesy im beginning to like this NAP stuff.
May 04, 2013, 01:29:35 PM

Yeah, right. When I'm being beaten up all I care about is the money I will get.

Well, fight back, then, silly.

No, obligated.
legendary
You are WRONG!
May 04, 2013, 01:25:05 PM
i don't think so, no(but "they" said that he was reaching for a gun).
Well, if a bunch of armed men burst into your house wouldn't you reach for a gun (assuming you had one, which, as a good Dane, I know you don't)? And if you did reach for a gun, would you be aggressing, or acting in self-defense?
[/quote]

Activity: 675
Merit: 513
May 04, 2013, 01:22:47 PM

Yeah, right. When I'm being beaten up all I care about is the money I will get.
May 04, 2013, 01:16:17 PM
so it was okay to shoot Bin Laden?
Was he aggressing?
he put airplanes into buildings.
But was he aggressing?
trowing two large buildings with people in them into the ground, seems like a pretty aggressive move. Don't you think?
It does. But you've still not answered me. Was he aggressing when he was killed?
Well, if a bunch of armed men burst into your house wouldn't you reach for a gun (assuming you had one, which, as a good Dane, I know you don't)? And if you did reach for a gun, would you be aggressing, or acting in self-defense?

legendary
You are WRONG!
May 04, 2013, 01:06:24 PM
Was he aggressing?
But was he aggressing?
trowing two large buildings with people in them into the ground, seems like a pretty aggressive move. Don't you think?
It does. But you've still not answered me. Was he aggressing when he was killed?

May 04, 2013, 12:52:59 PM
Was he aggressing?
But was he aggressing?
Pages:
Jump to: